Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree 100% with above poster.

There are a lot of DOCs trying to recruit current ADF players already for 2017 DA. That should speak for ADFs ability to develop quality players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why do I think the negativity spread in this thread is probably a DOC or coach from a competing club or a rejected parent trying to cast doubt on a club, coaches and program prior to tryouts in May? Worried some of your better players are going to jump ship next season to ADF?

I'd hope serious and thoughtful parents would have the sense to come watch some practices, games and talk to the DOC of ADF and parents in person before deciding what program would be best for their child (rather than believe anything from this forum). What you read about circus tricks, freestyle techniques, and street fairs couldn't be farther from the truth.

And for the naysayer who commented on practices inside at gyms and indoor turf fields. My son probably had more productive practices in this environment than clubs who practiced outdoor in the rain, snow, and chilling temps this past winter (when your club didn't have to cancel for bad weather) and wasn't trying to squeeze up to 6-8 teams at the same time on a outdoor turf field.
      ADF parent formula for posting on TS:

1(a) ADF parent makes negative comment about another club OR
      (b) ADF parent makes comment that their child is somehow more technically gifted because he is on the ADF roster

2. Several posters respond negatively to this comment.

3. ADF parent responds, complaining of persecution, accusing other club DOC's of stealing their players, lament that other parents are jealous, blah, blah, blah.

The cycle repeats itself once or twice a week.

Comment

Honestly, I started the thread. I was genuinely curious. My older DS did some training there and really liked it and really like Joao. We may be looking for a new club this Spring and was curious if they will still be around. Honestly hate to see any club go under.

Comment

ADF parent formula for posting on TS:

1(a) ADF parent makes negative comment about another club OR
          (b) ADF parent makes comment that their child is somehow more technically gifted because he is on the ADF roster

2. Several posters respond negatively to this comment.

3. ADF parent responds, complaining of persecution, accusing other club DOC's of stealing their players, lament that other parents are jealous, blah, blah, blah.

The cycle repeats itself once or twice a week.
          Nope. No formula - just trying to state facts and encourage everyone to make their own educated decision. Guess we won't be seeing you at tryouts. Just as well - sounds like you'd really crush the positive vibe we got going.

Comment

Honestly, I started the thread. I was genuinely curious. My older DS did some training there and really liked it and really like Joao. We may be looking for a new club this Spring and was curious if they will still be around. Honestly hate to see any club go under.
            Definitely not going under!

Comment

Nope. No formula - just trying to state facts and encourage everyone to make their own educated decision. Guess we won't be seeing you at tryouts. Just as well - sounds like you'd really crush the positive vibe we got going.
              If you make an educated decision to join ADF you are uneducated! You know nothing about player and child development. Shame on all of you!!!

Comment

At least they value skill and not just size. Rare in the US.
                My son went to one of their practices and one only. I played in Europe and I have never seen such bizarre training methods. The comments on here about circus training is absolutely true. What they were doing, my son can do on his own in the garden. It was actually better for my daughter, she does ballet! It was not good.

Comment

ADF is doing well. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Don't like ADF? Don't send your player(s) there. If that's not enough for you, you are scared of something. It'll be ok

Comment

ADF is doing well. Different strokes for different folks.
                      Yep.

Time to join- here is ADF training in a nutshell
                      https://youtu.be/rsampas7rdA

Isolated technique work without any cognitive work is a complete fail!

Comment

Don't like ADF? Don't send your player(s) there. If that's not enough for you, you are scared of something. It'll be ok
                        Bingo

Comment

Yep.

Time to join- here is ADF training in a nutshell
                          https://youtu.be/rsampas7rdA

Isolated technique work without any cognitive work is a complete fail!
                          Close, but without funding now, it's back to the auxiliary turfed spare room of a soccer dad and the only noise you'll year is this hustler's story: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2-Bs8pqdU[url]

Comment

That's why ECNL coaches send their players there to train on technical ... and why Gatorade players of the Year train with ADF...because it's bad. Coach at Crossfire even brings his kid there to train. You haters are so laughable.

Comment

That's why ECNL coaches send their players there to train on technical ... and why Gatorade players of the Year train with ADF...because it's bad. Coach at Crossfire even brings his kid there to train. You haters are so laughable.
                              What does that have to do with the makings of a youth soccer club?

People take their kids to amusement parks and arcades all the time and blow money for the kids. Even the parents of All-Americans and all the DOC's of local clubs do it.

Problem with youth sports is they have lost their foundation of unsupervised free play in neighborhoods and city parks. So, they parent feeds this vacant staple of development with the penny arcade attendants at Circus City soccer (ADF) aka: Hustler's Story.

Comment

I assume you mean local coach dads at FC PDX and Crossfire UTD (whose teams play in the ECN League) since there is no such thing as an ECNL Coach, ECNL team or ECNL club. Just tire of the misidentify. Many of the Gatorade players of the year have done Private training, the majority did it without having to pay for someone to cheer them on while honing their craft. Affluence delusion & stupidity know no bounds but they are correlated in this business enterprise of selling something you can do on your own with just hard work and commitment.

Private training is not a hallmark of being a viable youth soccer club. No Hate just reality.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X