Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    . . . and a lot less when OPL was running the show.

OYSA in "the good old days" had a monopoly and got bloated. Timbers today also have a monopoly (outside of DA and ECNL); as a result they have been able to drive up league and cups costs and player card fees were just raised dramatically this fall.

+ we get all their crappy spam.
    I would happily pay twice as much if they would quit spamming me. (Cue Timbers intern reading this to come up with a creative new fee structure - Tier 1 for spam families and Tier 2 for non spam families).

Comment

Who determines club fees? OYSA? Or Peregrine?

Comment

OYSA and PTTL announced their "paradigm shift" today. I'll spare you reading the 20 plus pages. Fees stay the same or go up, and number of games goes down.

This is exactly what you get when you allow a monopoly to take over. Higher prices and lower quality of product. Aren't we all glad that Timbers/Thorns/OYSA run 99.9% of youth soccer in Oregon now?
        I don't agree with fees rising but I do agree with less games.

These kids playing double headers on the weekends is stupid and bad for development. If your child plays at a club that trains twice a week with two games on the weekend you are failing your child. I wish the OYSA format was the same as the DA.

Comment

I don't agree with fees rising but I do agree with less games.

These kids playing double headers on the weekends is stupid and bad for development. If your child plays at a club that trains twice a week with two games on the weekend you are failing your child. I wish the OYSA format was the same as the DA.
          Agreed. Less games is good but does this mean that clubs like BSC will step it up and offer a third training night for its non-DA players?

Comment

Agreed. Less games is good but does this mean that clubs like BSC will step it up and offer a third training night for its non-DA players?
            Not sure. Our club trains three days a week

Comment

Reading this crap made me think.

I found the 2005 OYSA U11-14 Fall League registration form.

Here is the key point.

Playing Dates: September 10 – October 30, 2005; 14-game league with 16 play dates

League Entry Fee: $950 per team (Club checks or Certified checks only – one Check per club)
              ** $1,138 in in 2017 dollars
              ** 2005 cost per game was $67.85 compared to $81.29 2017 dollars

Member Registration: $27.00 per player; $12.00 for each manager and coach.
              ** Fees are $24 per player and $13 for manager/coaches

*** So using 12 game $850 premier, you get $70.83. That is less that in 2005.

Take away. It cost a lot more then OYSA was running the show.
              Prior to this brutal takeover by peregrine...when we all paid the OYSA league and cup fees they in turn gave thousands back to teams for Presidents' Cup Regionals and Far West Regionals. Furthermore during their fat times they would fly all Clubs BOD to National Conventions. If there was fat then they spent it on the membership and mission...This no longer happens period.

The amount of fat present day in the peregrine league scheduling blueprint is exponentially higher due to the increase in the number of teams and cost increases over time, with it all going straight to the peregrine coffers. While the cost for referee's remains constant per match the scheduler cost becomes less per per match while the income grows and grows with each new team registration. That's the sweet spot Peregrine is looking a high volume of teams, which they have by hook or by crook. Don't need to look far.

Typical 10 game season w/200 teams @ $1000 each nets 200K.. $100k needed to pay, refs ($100 a match x 1000 matches). League Scheduler might get 5k to 10k for this job.
              Net Profit at 200 teams $90K.

10 game season/ 600 teams @ $1000 each nets $600k...$300k needed to pay refs(($100 a match x 3000 matches). Scheduler now gets 10 to 20k for the job.
              Net profit at 600 teams= $280K

This fat should be reinvested into the clubs not peregrine, or the prices should be dropped.

This is a no brainer.

Comment

Timbers are in this to make large profits. Good for them.

The owner of the timbers is a mega rich trust fund baby which is goals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X