Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bin laden was an incredibly effective leader of a conflict as well. You proud of yourself respecting Lee for behavior similar?

At least bin Laden wasn’t a traitor ....he was never a citizen of the USA like Lee was before the traitor took up arms against his country
    Lee didn't even want statues of himself erected. His descendants have wanted them taken down for years.

Comment

this is funny, i guess since Lee was a traitor (and in your eyes to this present day) he is a traitor. Than it is safe to say the the democrat party is also are also traitors and encourage slavery since this is what they fought for during the civil war.

The republican party was created to fight slavery. This is a historical FACT. you can google it.

Looks like you are on the wrong side of being right amigo.
      Title Con still hasn't come into the 21st century. Voters TODAY see the GOP is no longer the party of Lincoln. It hasn't been for some time.

Comment

Lee didn't even want statues of himself erected. His descendants have wanted them taken down for years.
        Yeah but a lot of “fine people” according to Trump have not so they stayed up.

Until now. Hope Lee’s relatives are smiling but would have been better if his body was burned and ashes scattered to four corners of earth.

Traitor and all that

Comment

Yeah but a lot of “fine people” according to Trump have not so they stayed up.

Until now. Hope Lee’s relatives are smiling but would have been better if his body was burned and ashes scattered to four corners of earth.

Traitor and all that
          Lee was a democrat- so funny

Comment

Title Con still hasn't come into the 21st century. Voters TODAY see the GOP is no longer the party of Lincoln. It hasn't been for some time.
            1/2 the voters, probably the same half that seceded 160 years ago
            that same half didnt like the civil rights movement either
            they were wrong then and as usual are wrong now

Comment

Winning, Confederate General Robert E. Lee statue REMOVED

Lee was neither democrat or republican, he was a soldier. He told Lincoln when offered to be general of the union army, he had to wait on answer until he learned if Virginia was going to join the North or South. In those days your allegiance was to your state rather than the newly formed USA.

nlike many Southerners who expected a glorious war, Lee correctly predicted it as protracted and devastating.[91] He privately opposed the new Confederate States of America in letters in early 1861, denouncing secession as "nothing but revolution" and an unconstitutional betrayal of the efforts of the Founding Fathers. Writing to George Washington Custis in January, Lee stated:

The South, in my opinion, has been aggrieved by the acts of the North, as you say. I feel the aggression, and am willing to take every proper step for redress. It is the principle I contend for, not individual or private benefit. As an American citizen, I take great pride in my country, her prosperity and institutions, and would defend any State if her rights were invaded. But I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than a dissolution of the Union. It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation. I hope, therefore, that all constitutional means will be exhausted before there is a resort to force. Secession is nothing but revolution. The framers of our Constitution never exhausted so much labor, wisdom, and forbearance in its formation, and surrounded it with so many guards and securities, if it was intended to be broken by every member of the Confederacy at will. It was intended for "perpetual union," so expressed in the preamble, and for the establishment of a government, not a compact, which can only be dissolved by revolution, or the consent of all the people in convention assembled.[92]

Lee in uniform, 1863

Despite opposing secession, Lee said in January that "we can with a clear conscience separate" if all peaceful means failed. He agreed with secessionists in most areas, such as dislike of Northern anti-slavery criticisms and prevention of expanding slavery to new territories, and fear of its larger population. Lee supported the Crittenden Compromise, which would have constitutionally protected slavery.[93]

Lee's objection to secession was ultimately outweighed by a sense of personal honor, reservations about the legitimacy of a strife-ridden "Union that can only be maintained by swords and bayonets", and duty to defend his native Virginia if attacked.[92] He was asked while leaving Texas by a lieutenant if he intended to fight for the Confederacy or the Union, to which Lee replied, "I shall never bear arms against the Union, but it may be necessary for me to carry a musket in the defense of my native state, Virginia, in which case I shall not prove recreant to my duty".[94][93]

Although Virginia had the most slaves of any state, it was more similar to Maryland, which stayed in the Union, than the Deep South; a convention voted against secession in early 1861. Scott, commanding general of the Union Army and Lee's mentor, told Lincoln he wanted him for a top command, telling Secretary of War Simon Cameron that he had "entire confidence" in Lee. He accepted a promotion to colonel of the 1st Cavalry Regiment on March 28, again swearing an oath to the United States.[95][93] Meanwhile, Lee ignored an offer of command from the Confederacy. After Lincoln's call for troops to put down the rebellion, a second Virginia convention in Richmond voted to secede[96] on April 17, and a May 23 referendum would likely ratify the decision. That night Lee dined with brother Smith and cousin Phillips, naval officers. Because of Lee's indecision, Phillips went to the War Department the next morning to warn that the Union might lose his cousin if the government did not act quickly.[93]

In Washington that day,[91] Lee was offered by presidential advisor Francis P. Blair a role as major general to command the defense of the national capital. He replied:

Mr. Blair, I look upon secession as anarchy. If I owned the four millions of slaves in the South I would sacrifice them all to the Union; but how can I draw my sword upon Virginia, my native state?[96]

Lee immediately went to Scott, who tried to persuade him that Union forces would be large enough to prevent the South from fighting, so he would not have to oppose his state; Lee disagreed. When Lee asked if he could go home and not fight, the fellow Virginian said that the army did not need equivocal soldiers and that if he wanted to resign, he should do so before receiving official orders. Scott told him that he had made "the greatest mistake of your life".[93]

Comment

See I’m not partisan like you.

Traitors who take up arms against the USA should get the noose regardless of their party affiliation.

But since you look at everything through a partisan lens, please consider that all the people kneeling at the feet of confederate Heros and begging for their statues to stay up are .....cons .

Sorry con. That albatross around your neck stinks to high heaven. how will you ever get rid of that smell?

Comment

Winning,Confederate General Robert E. Lee statue REMOVED

Traitors who take up arms against the USA should get the noose regardless of their party affiliation.

But since you look at everything through a partisan lens, please consider that all the people kneeling at the feet of confederate Heros and begging for their statues to stay up are .....cons .

Sorry con. That albatross around your neck stinks to high heaven. how will you ever get rid of that smell?
                  Only a closet Racist would call Lee a hero. After all, how can he be a hero if he lost?
                  Can you tell us what you are loyal too? you do know that Lee fraught for your political party right? Are you just ashamed that your party lost? The democrats wanted slavery then and they want slavery now....but it just not going to happen.

Comment

Only a closet Racist would call Lee a hero. After all, how can he be a hero if he lost?
                    You aren’t even coherent any more

Can you tell us what you are loyal too?
                    Justice and fairness and when it intersects with those the laws and constitution. Easy

you do know that Lee fraught for your political party right?
                    Lee fought for a rogue government mounted an insurrection and civil war against their former country. Largely over the keeping if slaves for fun and profit. Parties are like
                    This years fashions over the arc of hundreds of years. It’s those values he fought for that stay ....he was a slaveholder who thought it better to kill countrymen to preserve his slave holding .

Easy

Are you just ashamed that your party lost? The democrats wanted slavery then and they want slavery now....but it just not going to happen.
                    Again you are incoherent. Babbling incoherently like the trump toddler himself when he gets wound. Excellent !

Comment

they are southeners- their ancestors fought in that war and they come from both parties now

lincoln was a republican- History already happened we know how it went down

Comment

Can you tell us what you are loyal too? you do know that Lee fraught for your political party right? Are you just ashamed that your party lost? The democrats wanted slavery then and they want slavery now....but it just not going to happen.
                        they lost at the Alamo- heroes
                        Custer lost- considered by some a hero
                        leonidas at thermopylae- hero

what about the 75% of CMoH winners who are awarded posthumously- they lost their lives but are considered heros

or i can look at it from the weenie left angle

any suicide bomber, or terrorist
                        michael Brown and company
                        stacey Abrams
                        Hillary Clinton

Comment

^ It helps when you post coherent sentences

Comment

^ It helps when you post coherent sentences
                            none are sentences- just data
                            it helps when you know the difference

Comment

none are sentences- just data
                              it helps when you know the difference
                              Spewing statements doesn't form a cohesive argument. You'd suck on the debate team.

Comment

Winning, Confederate General Robert E. Lee statue REMOVED

they lost at the Alamo- heroes
                                Custer lost- considered by some a hero
                                leonidas at thermopylae- hero

what about the 75% of CMoH winners who are awarded posthumously- they lost their lives but are considered heros

or i can look at it from the weenie left angle

any suicide bomber, or terrorist
                                michael Brown and company
                                stacey Abrams
                                Hillary Clinton
                                I knew you would take the bait...so robert E Lee is your hero.
                                Liberal Hypocrisy always in high gear.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X