Connecticut ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting to see how the girls do in Florida. Neither have had a game outside and they are playing a bunch of teams with plenty of games under their belts. Good luck to both FSA and CFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It will be interesting to see how the girls do in Florida. Neither have had a game outside and they are playing a bunch of teams with plenty of games under their belts. Good luck to both FSA and CFC.
      That happens every year. Those two aren't the only clubs with fall HS schedules and most clubs are coming off the holiday season not having played a game in awhile. FSA families nervously watching the extended weather forecast :)

Comment

omly on the boys side. they careless about the girls side unless it for getting a free trip to Florida like RD and KB got last week. there never involved on the girls side but i guess for 5 days in Fla they can pretend they care about the girls.
        what a true statement. ask KB or RD to name 5 girl players in the club, they could'nt do it! but they can ALWAYS find extra training times for all the boys teams in the club during the winter while the girls teams only get 1 a week.

on the girls side they says its to rest and recover from the end of the fall season until after the new year. but it ok for the boys to continue to go 3 times a week????

its a complete joke at ow right now on the girls side.

Comment

what a true statement. ask KB or RD to name 5 girl players in the club, they could'nt do it! but they can ALWAYS find extra training times for all the boys teams in the club during the winter while the girls teams only get 1 a week.

on the girls side they says its to rest and recover from the end of the fall season until after the new year. but it ok for the boys to continue to go 3 times a week????

its a complete joke at ow right now on the girls side.
          KB is the biggest stick in the mud in all of CT soccer. Arrogant pr1ck. And that's saying a lot considering you got RD and MC too. DF ain't a bad dude. The others - blah

Comment

That happens every year. Those two aren't the only clubs with fall HS schedules and most clubs are coming off the holiday season not having played a game in awhile. FSA families nervously watching the extended weather forecast :)
            To be fair, they are probably the only ones with high school seasons in the fall that aren’t allowed to train with their club teams at all. CT one of the only states that does that.

Comment

To be fair, they are probably the only ones with high school seasons in the fall that aren’t allowed to train with their club teams at all. CT one of the only states that does that.
              How do you know the rules on this in other states? Is there a source for this info?

Comment

How do you know the rules on this in other states? Is there a source for this info?
                Years of going to events and friends in other states. Lots of ECNL club teams train on Sundays during the high school season. Keeps the group together and doesn't conflict with school. Not allowed to play games though. CT doesn't even allow for training.

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of it. Top HS players in CT never leave the field, last thing they need is another 2 hours of soccer

Comment

Years of going to events and friends in other states. Lots of ECNL club teams train on Sundays during the high school season. Keeps the group together and doesn't conflict with school. Not allowed to play games though. CT doesn't even allow for training.

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of it. Top HS players in CT never leave the field, last thing they need is another 2 hours of soccer
                  Not sure what club you're referring to, but my daughter didn't play a minute of club soccer until after the HS state championship was over.

Comment

Not sure what club you're referring to, but my daughter didn't play a minute of club soccer until after the HS state championship was over.
                    Is she from CT???

Comment

I think the post says "other states" Not the case here in CT. No club trains until HS is over.

Comment

I think the post says "other states" Not the case here in CT. No club trains until HS is over.
                        In many other states ECNL clubs just don't do much of anything even when rules allow it. In some states you can do both but HS has to be your priority and you can't skip HS practices or games. The kids don't have the time or energy as it is.

Comment

New York allows kids to play with club teams for sports during High School seasons. My daughter played on a NY club (not for soccer; we lived in CT) and they played tournaments on weekends during HS season. It caused a lot of tension between kids and their high school coaches/club coaches over which team should be given priority. Some kids were benched from HS for playing in club tournaments and missing HS games -- and vice-versa. My daughter luckily was not put in that position due to the CIAC rules, which she gave to her club coach to be clear. Of course, when she did rejoin the club team, she was on the **** list with the club coach, who had lesser players start over her for a couple of games as a form of retribution for her lack of "commitment" to the team.

My point is that the CIAC rules are good for the kids in the long run. Overbearing coaches would burn them out otherwise and put them in tough positions, ruining the fun of the game for them. It shouldn't be that stressful.

I wish the CIAC would enforce their own rules more on CT high school coaches who monopolize their players time with "voluntary" team activities. It is truly a joke how much they get away with.

Comment

New York allows kids to play with club teams for sports during High School seasons. My daughter played on a NY club (not for soccer; we lived in CT) and they played tournaments on weekends during HS season. It caused a lot of tension between kids and their high school coaches/club coaches over which team should be given priority. Some kids were benched from HS for playing in club tournaments and missing HS games -- and vice-versa. My daughter luckily was not put in that position due to the CIAC rules, which she gave to her club coach to be clear. Of course, when she did rejoin the club team, she was on the **** list with the club coach, who had lesser players start over her for a couple of games as a form of retribution for her lack of "commitment" to the team.

My point is that the CIAC rules are good for the kids in the long run. Overbearing coaches would burn them out otherwise and put them in tough positions, ruining the fun of the game for them. It shouldn't be that stressful.

I wish the CIAC would enforce their own rules more on CT high school coaches who monopolize their players time with "voluntary" team activities. It is truly a joke how much they get away with.
                            the state championship field hockey team is notorious for that type of BS.

Comment

First Showcase of the Year this weekend. Is FSA going?
                              What are the matchups???

Comment

First Showcase of the Year this weekend. Is FSA going?
                                What are the matchups???
                                Yawn

The Juice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X