Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Coaches at USDA Showcase

So my daughter is at Oakwood having given up Highschool soccer, and while it is not right for everyone it was definitely right for her. I am not saying we are best but as an experience here are a few things I can tell you in regards to her and her teammates experience.

1. 4 practice sessions and 1 game a week is real and is certainly part of the reason our team has not struggled with muscle/ligament injurys be.

2. Training sessions are 90 minutes and they all seem to be pre=planned with "no scrimmaging"

3. Officiating at games is exponentially better than anything seen at other levels

4. EVERY game is professionally videotaped with easy to navigate editing tools

5. Every college coach my daughter has reached out to has come in person or sent someone to see her play.

6. The list of coaches attending is on the USDA showcase page and there are about 300 girls college coaches registered. What tournament can boast this number of coaches, and have been here before I can tell you the coaches are in attendance?

7. If you want to see a game Oakwood U16/U17 is a featured game at the showcase on 12/8,

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So my daughter is at Oakwood having given up Highschool soccer, and while it is not right for everyone it was definitely right for her. I am not saying we are best but as an experience here are a few things I can tell you in regards to her and her teammates experience.

1. 4 practice sessions and 1 game a week is real and is certainly part of the reason our team has not struggled with muscle/ligament injurys be.

2. Training sessions are 90 minutes and they all seem to be pre=planned with "no scrimmaging"

3. Officiating at games is exponentially better than anything seen at other levels

5. Every college coach my daughter has reached out to has come in person or sent someone to see her play.

6. The list of coaches attending is on the USDA showcase page and there are about 300 girls college coaches registered. What tournament can boast this number of coaches, and have been here before I can tell you the coaches are in attendance?

7. If you want to see a game Oakwood U16/U17 is a featured game at the showcase on 12/8,

Signed

OW Intern
    You left that part out.

Comment

No affiliation to Oakwood, not even from CT.

My opinion of them is:

* Some parents are absolute tools. Played them in NPL and even up by a touchdown, they were unruly. Suprisingly so. It was obvious our team was terrible.

* The players all seem fine to play against. Didn't notice anything unusual in the banter or playing.

* Top quality team. Since we moved and we play them again, games have been tight. But, there is an air of a lower quality-team hanging on against OW. Having seen most (can't vouch for all) other CT teams, I don't see where they compete in the same class as OW.

* Really nice facility/fields.

Comment

No affiliation to Oakwood, not even from CT.

My opinion of them is:

* Some parents are absolute tools. Played them in NPL and even up by a touchdown, they were unruly. Suprisingly so. It was obvious our team was terrible.

* The players all seem fine to play against. Didn't notice anything unusual in the banter or playing.

* Top quality team. Since we moved and we play them again, games have been tight. But, there is an air of a lower quality-team hanging on against OW. Having seen most (can't vouch for all) other CT teams, I don't see where they compete in the same class as OW.

* Really nice facility/fields.
        Thanks troll. What other CT teams have you seen, oh wait you’ve seen “most”. Really nice facility? Laughable post.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          so my daughter is at oakwood having given up highschool soccer, and while it is not right for everyone it was definitely right for her. I am not saying we are best but as an experience here are a few things i can tell you in regards to her and her teammates experience.

1. 4 practice sessions and 1 game a week is real and is certainly part of the reason our team has not struggled with muscle/ligament injurys be. - boys do not go 4:1 and never have and neither does your kids team. Now you get tons of time off and 1 practice per week and crappy games against ow 3 year-down teams

2. Training sessions are 90 minutes and they all seem to be pre=planned with "no scrimmaging" - ridiculous amounts of scrimmaging and small games after small group and some technical training

3. Officiating at games is exponentially better than anything seen at other levels - same as anywhere else, seems better at home because ow officials clearly favor ow teams

4. Every game is professionally videotaped with easy to navigate editing tools - professionaly videotaped?!??! Hahahaha by some monkey or parent on top of a metal overhang with a trashy videocamera (putting a videocamera on a tripod does not make it professional)

5. Every college coach my daughter has reached out to has come in person or sent someone to see her play. Great, same for my kid in ecnl

6. The list of coaches attending is on the usda showcase page and there are about 300 girls college coaches registered. What tournament can boast this number of coaches, and have been here before i can tell you the coaches are in attendance? I dont know, maybe ecnl and they have done it for years. Last year i walked by und, usc, ucla, psu, auburn fsu, osu, um ..... All headcoaches. Welcome to a big girl league ... I guess npl wasnt all rick and dave really said it was, huh??

7. If you want to see a game oakwood u16/u17 is a featured game at the showcase on 12/8,
          - trust us, we dont, but check with ecnl showcase games when streamed so you can see top games and better soccer .... And remember that most of the top clubs that did both last year dropped gda this year .... More disparity in gda than ever

Comment

lol. what a bunch of tools at Oakwood. a gaggle of fwads.

Comment

Jealous?

Comment

Cracks me up. So you play one game a week and have no “scrimmaging” in training. Sounds like your daughter will be able to dribble the F out of the ball but probably not so much else. Have you heard of the saying, the game is the best teacher? Sounds like you are one of those people that easily have the wool pulled over your eyes. You like flash and pop over substance. OW is also the only place where indoor and outdoor are not on the same site.

As for the academy, from what I hear, granted this is second hand, there are some good teams, but more awful ones and the disparity is so large that D1 college coaches are sending their Asst or not going at all. Plenty of D2 and D3 schools there which sounds about right.

Have to ask yourself why most of the top clubs left the GDA after just one year.

Comment

Cracks me up. So you play one game a week and have no “scrimmaging” in training. Sounds like your daughter will be able to dribble the F out of the ball but probably not so much else. Have you heard of the saying, the game is the best teacher? Sounds like you are one of those people that easily have the wool pulled over your eyes. You like flash and pop over substance. OW is also the only place where indoor and outdoor are not on the same site.

As for the academy, from what I hear, granted this is second hand, there are some good teams, but more awful ones and the disparity is so large that D1 college coaches are sending their Asst or not going at all. Plenty of D2 and D3 schools there which sounds about right.

Have to ask yourself why most of the top clubs left the GDA after just one year.
                  LOL, "from what you hear".....Can you hear me laughing? sounds like you are buying into what your club is selling and not reality.

Comment

Any relation to Jim Jones? You brought Jonestown right to OW

Comment

LOL, "from what you hear".....Can you hear me laughing? sounds like you are buying into what your club is selling and not reality.
                      I suppose one could ask college coaches themselves to see if they are going? Not that hard to figure out. Funny that you don’t have a response to why all the best clubs are leaving or have left the GDA. They must hate having all those college coaches tripping all over themselves to recruit your daughter and her teammates. Probably tough to find parking and even walk around down there with all of those people. Arrogance leads to the fall. You sound like one of those people who stay home in a hurricane to protect the house. Hope you survive the storm.

Comment

I wouldn't put it past them to start the rumor that FSA and YU kids are moving over to OW.

Comment

Post the commitments for the girls graduating in 2019 and 2020.

A team of U17 girls on a high level club team should be largely committed by now. That's great that they are the featured game but recruiting is a results oriented business.

If Oakwood doesn't have a decent outcome with these two classes it would seem that others are going to follow down this path. If its more Hartford, Holy Cross and Endicott, I can assure that kids don't need pass on High school athletics to play at these levels.

Instead of chat board rhetoric, show me where top female players in CT are passing on the ECNL and coming to Portland to be part of this. If these teams weren't split age groups they wouldn't even be as strong as the prior NPL teams

You can post away but frankly I don't think you are kidding anyone. This is an option for players that can't make the ECNL team at CFC and for whatever reason don't want to deal with FSA.

Glad the officiating and video taping is going well.

Comment

All the D1 coaches in the country just love OW ... Rick and Dave said told us at the parents meeting. We are so special and we will all get full rides at the schools of our choice and we have the option to play on national teams. Can your clubs do that?

Comment

Post the commitments for the girls graduating in 2019 and 2020.

A team of U17 girls on a high level club team should be largely committed by now. That's great that they are the featured game but recruiting is a results oriented business.

If Oakwood doesn't have a decent outcome with these two classes it would seem that others are going to follow down this path. If its more Hartford, Holy Cross and Endicott, I can assure that kids don't need pass on High school athletics to play at these levels.

Instead of chat board rhetoric, show me where top female players in CT are passing on the ECNL and coming to Portland to be part of this. If these teams weren't split age groups they wouldn't even be as strong as the prior NPL teams

You can post away but frankly I don't think you are kidding anyone. This is an option for players that can't make the ECNL team at CFC and for whatever reason don't want to deal with FSA.

Glad the officiating and video taping is going well.
                              Your naivete is really adorable!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X