Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u12 Academy finished.

Does no one want to discuss this bombshell. Make zero sense when DA just added it 3 or 4 years ago. The USSDA release's logic was nonsensical. What do people think?

Part of me thinks it is ok to put off identifying "elite" talent that belongs in DA at such a young age. The kids who for physical immaturity dont get identified are more likely to drop out and maybe we miss some real talent by creating the elite group and the "also-rans" so early.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Part of me thinks it is ok to put off identifying "elite" talent that belongs in DA at such a young age. The kids who for physical immaturity dont get identified are more likely to drop out and maybe we miss some real talent by creating the elite group and the "also-rans" so early.
      I was told that they feel that the cost to fund this just doesn't make sense at this early age. Thank you

Comment

I was told that they feel that the cost to fund this just doesn't make sense at this early age. Thank you
        Haha yea in the end i'm sure its a simple money decision, as most are with us soccer.

Comment

It never should have existed in the first place so I am shedding no tears over it going away. It is ridiculous to have 10 and 11 year old kids subjected to the expense and travel time needed for competitions.

Comment

It never should have existed in the first place so I am shedding no tears over it going away. It is ridiculous to have 10 and 11 year old kids subjected to the expense and travel time needed for competitions.
            #wimp

Comment

it's a real poke in the eye to the 12 clubs that added U12 teams literally just this season. "hey sorry Tigres San Antonio we're just going to take your fancy Powerade coolers back".

Comment

What's really shocking is the #s -- 162 clubs across 18 divisions. That's something like 3500-4000 new players introduced to DA every year.

my guess is that u13 is next to go. assuming in 2 years so current u12 will be grandfathered up to u14.

Comment

Local trainers are blinded by $$$$’s with this news. They are the ones to benifit the most, they are eventually going to get 48 more months of stretching daddy’s DA dream before they tryout and don’t make it.

Comment

What's really shocking is the #s -- 162 clubs across 18 divisions. That's something like 3500-4000 new players introduced to DA every year.

my guess is that u13 is next to go. assuming in 2 years so current u12 will be grandfathered up to u14.
                    The system can't take the $ loss. The u13s will stay and they'll most likely split the u17s into two ages to make up for the U12 losses. The U12 addition isn't even that old. If you believe that training kids the right way from an early age is a necessity then they're bailing far too quickly to see if it works. USSF doesn't know what they're doing. GDA is a mess and they recently fired the head of that program. MLS clubs want to bail out of BDA. New $$ oriented president of USSF....there will be more upheaval to come

Comment

Yes but that also meant 1500+ players drop out from U12 to U13. Players good enough to latch onto a DA team but not really DA caliber. Losing U12 will give back the opportunity for clubs to have a longer ulittle pathway - less breakup of teams and potentially more development.

Comment

u12 Academy finished.

Yes but that also meant 1500+ players drop out from U12 to U13. Players good enough to latch onto a DA team but not really DA caliber. Losing U12 will give back the opportunity for clubs to have a longer ulittle pathway - less breakup of teams and potentially more development.
                        Attention: DA will be split in two in the next couple years. There will be a DA for pro clubs like NY Cosmos, Philly Union, Red Bulls, NYCFC, New England Revolution, Barca NY, Valencia, ect. The other DA will be for high level local clubs like Met Oval, and Cedar Stars academy, Gotchee, ect.

You heard it here 1st!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Attention: DA will be split in two in the next couple years. There will be a DA for pro clubs like NY Cosmos, Philly Union, Red Bulls, NYCFC, New England Revolution, Barca NY, Valencia, ect. The other DA will be for high level local clubs like Met Oval, and Cedar Stars academy, Gotchee, ect.

Barca NY

expert level trolling.

Comment

lol people have been saying that for months, years. MLS would very much like to be separate (although there are obvious logistical challenges). Problem is if you take the MLS clubs out then DA-2 becomes just another league with more restrictions. Part of the appeal of BDA is even if you're at a pay to play club you still get to play professional clubs and some of the nation's best. Without that it's more of the same old.

Comment

Facts

The DA is not splitting, the USSDA will be setting schedules that reflect team level quality. They do that already, but will be doing it more.

The abolition of U-12 DA is a good/bad thing. Its good for player development, bad for pay to play clubs to SELL the high fees early.

U-13 isn't going anywhere. Anyone that tells you that is going off the US Soccer close vote on U-13.

They will vote on U-13 in a year or two, and it will pass to stay then also (I was at the vote last Thursday, and I'm very confident of this).

BARCA is NOT a DA team, and they won't be going forward. - FACT. They can't even fill out an application correctly, its a joke.

Valencia submitted their application, their U-13 first year candidacy is under review but will likely take a full year from now before any consideration is made. Earliest entry would be Fall 2020.

The DA is just reverting to a 2016 status, without U-12 in the DA.

Happy to answer anyone's questions, JUST THE FACTS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X