Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hansen actually has “frills”...seating and a bar.
    Coaches appreciate the bar :)

Comment

seen a few moms under the bar

Comment

More than a few and if they're not under the bar they're out behind the dumpsters

Comment

Don’t you think they will add some seating and frills in the years to come? They spent $6mm to build it and had some issues with GC so good on them that they got it done. Looks like 2nd field is pretty much done. I’m sure they will pave back parking lot at some point. Maybe they will even fight the city and try to install some lights down the road. Baby steps

Comment

Don’t you think they will add some seating and frills in the years to come? They spent $6mm to build it and had some issues with GC so good on them that they got it done. Looks like 2nd field is pretty much done. I’m sure they will pave back parking lot at some point. Maybe they will even fight the city and try to install some lights down the road. Baby steps
            There’s no room for seating inside so that won’t happen. I’m sure the back lot will be paved, if not it will require major upkeep. In terms of lights, I’m not so sure they’ll be successful in “fighting” the town of Bethany with their stringent zoning regs.

Comment

There’s no room for seating inside so that won’t happen. I’m sure the back lot will be paved, if not it will require major upkeep. In terms of lights, I’m not so sure they’ll be successful in “fighting” the town of Bethany with their stringent zoning regs.
              Not going to put in bleachers, but can put benches on walls.

Comment

The fact that the facility doesn’t have lights on their outdoor fields says a lot.

Who is the facility for? Which of their teams? I’d be interested in knowing how it’s resolved when teams from different CFC branches request the same field time. Also, do the branch teams have to pay the facility a rental fee when they use the field. Do some branches get preferential treatment in terms of peak hours? Do they all pay the same hourly fee? Do the United teams trump all branches? If they haven’t thought all of these things they it’s going to be very interesting.
                Agreed. So what happens when teams from different branches want the same time slot? Flip a coin? Or better yet, what happens when a branch chooses to rent elsewhere?

Comment

It wasnt a zoning issue.

Comment

Agreed. So what happens when teams from different branches want the same time slot? Flip a coin? Or better yet, what happens when a branch chooses to rent elsewhere?
                    First come, first served if anyone wants to book an open time slot. The United teams have their practice slots already, everything else is open for rental/leagues/etc.

“Or better yet, what happens when a branch chooses to rent elsewhere?”

Branches can and will rent wherever they choose (proximity to branch being the driving factor). Not sure what your point is?

Comment

It wasnt a zoning issue.
                      Yes, it was and is.

Comment

Yes, it was and is.
                        Yeah, we had an issue with this in our town when we wanted to add lights to our high school field, so the town changed the regulations to allow them on certain nights until certain times at specific locations. Not sure why you would buy this land and not negotiate these or find land elsewhere that would allow them.

Comment

Yeah, we had an issue with this in our town when we wanted to add lights to our high school field, so the town changed the regulations to allow them on certain nights until certain times at specific locations. Not sure why you would buy this land and not negotiate these or find land elsewhere that would allow them.
                          Because it isn't easy to find usable land at an affordable price? Some are claiming it's zoning issues, some are claiming money issues. Plenty of teams cope without lights. It's a nice to have, not a need to have.

Comment

Dude... just bring your lawn/beach chair sit back and enjoy. They are alot more comfortable then aluminum bleachers and you can always move away from those annoying parents who think thier kids are the next Messi.

Note: The three story facility with pool & hockey rink at chelsea piers ct doesn't have seating either for soccer... just saying....

Comment

Dude... just bring your lawn/beach chair sit back and enjoy. They are alot more comfortable then aluminum bleachers and you can always move away from those annoying parents who think thier kids are the next Messi.

Note: The three story facility with pool & hockey rink at chelsea piers ct doesn't have seating either for soccer... just saying....
                              Chelsea Piers must be having money issues then.

Comment

And a town HS would have a much easier time persuading the town to alter the zoning regs than a private, for profit entity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X