Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like you are saying move to CT? What's your point?

CT has historically been the best State, along with NJ, for quality per capita in the N'East. Maybe throw in Maryland.

Why don't you compare it to Maine? Rhode Island? Vermont?

I never understood the insistent bashing of players in the state.
    You're showing that you don't actually know what you're talking about... Much more talent on the girls' side in MA than in CT. Just at Stars and NEFC alone. Almost entire teams w/ D1 commits (ECNL and GDA teams) and 3 current YNT players.

Stick to NH...

Comment

You're showing that you don't actually know what you're talking about... Much more talent on the girls' side in MA than in CT. Just at Stars and NEFC alone. Almost entire teams w/ D1 commits (ECNL and GDA teams) and 3 current YNT players.

Stick to NH...
      I said historically, and per capita.

I was always taught to listen to learn, not listen to respond.

Try it out.

(I'm actually FROM CT, knucklehead)

Comment

I said historically, and per capita.

I was always taught to listen to learn, not listen to respond.

Try it out.

(I'm actually FROM CT, knucklehead)

Then you should go on the CT board and read what your fellow residents are saying. They have it right. If you are saying "per capita", you would not reference NJ--pretty big population. Calling names always makes you look intelligent, though...

Comment

Then you should go on the CT board and read what your fellow residents are saying. They have it right. If you are saying "per capita", you would not reference NJ--pretty big population. Calling names always makes you look intelligent, though...
          Yes, NH has a pretty big population. And also puts a ton of kids into programs. Follow along please.

My fellow residents down there are an argumentative bunch. So, I don't post there...too much anger.

So, we're clear in your mind: insults are OK, just not the name calling? That how it is in NH?

Weird....

Comment

Yes, NH has a pretty big population. And also puts a ton of kids into programs. Follow along please.

My fellow residents down there are an argumentative bunch. So, I don't post there...too much anger.

So, we're clear in your mind: insults are OK, just not the name calling? That how it is in NH?

Weird....
            I live in MA, Knucklehead... Where the CT come to tryouts...

Comment

Point being the state is very small and talent is very limited. Compare that to CT CFC (another small state but bigger than NH. And yes I poke around because this board is quiet)

The present U19 group for CFC has players going to
              2 - Boston College
              1 - Fairfield
              3 - Sacred Heart
              1 - Quinnipiac
              1 - Louisville
              1 - Delaware
              2 - UPenn
              1 - Wagner
              1 - Ohio State
              1 - Providence
              1 - Binghamton
              1 - Wesleyan

CFC’s U17’s
              1 - Michigan
              1 - Ohio State
              1 - UConn
              1 - Bucknell
              1 - Marist
              3 - Sacred Heart
              1 - Georgetown
              1 - Iona
              1 - Cornell

Yes a fewNH players land in good programs but the majority will not, from a soccer perspective anyway. For most families the quality of the school is what matters most and the northeast is littered with quality schools. Everyone will be just fine, will get a good education and lead productive lives, hopefully happy ones. No one is going pro.
              Ever heard of Rachel Hill or Morgan Andrews?

Comment

I live in MA, Knucklehead... Where the CT come to tryouts...
                Aahh, then that explains it.

MA people like to insult and then play the "what, who me?" reply when there's a name being called.

Comment

Exactly. And “full money” are often at large state universities and giving an in state player a full scholarship is much cheaper for them. Top notch private schools (Ivy or Catholic Ivy or NESCAC) have tuition and room and board is the $70K range so 50% off of that is the same or more money towards an education than 100% off a state school.

It’s important to know how rare it is to get money to play D1 soccer. Chasing that, especially playing NH soccer, is not usually very successful.
                  You are wrong on the in-state thing for full money from the perspective of the coach or university. To a college coach giving 50% to instate is the same as giving 50% to out of state (a 50% scholarship is 50% either way). The difference is on the end of the family. If my kid got 50% to go to UNH it would cost us about $15k, but if she went to Fordham, that 50% would leave us with a $36,000 bill. Which might you choose in this case? It should be easier for a coach to recruit instate players because of this, but in a small state like NH, it is probably hard to find enough quality players. No coach would accept a D1 job if the admissions folks said something like we need to save money so only give scholarships to instate kids. A seat in a class, a bed, and a plate of food every day doesn't cost the university any more or less based on where a kid is from .... of course they can make more if they get out of state kids to come, but, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters much to them.

Comment

I know of a kid being recruited for an in-state school, and they were reluctant to give any $$ because coach said that since she was in-state, she's already getting a break. So, he wanted to save up those $$$ for outside players.

She took an offer from another school who was willing to give her $$$ and in the end, costs were close to the same.

Comment

Aahh, then that explains it.

MA people like to insult and then play the "what, who me?" reply when there's a name being called.
                      No insults from me, just facts... If you are saying that CT is historically the strongest state in the northeast for soccer talent (regardless of the "per capita" argument), you are just wrong. That's all....

Comment

No insults from me, just facts... If you are saying that CT is historically the strongest state in the northeast for soccer talent (regardless of the "per capita" argument), you are just wrong. That's all....
                        Good think nobody said that.

Comment

Good think nobody said that.
                          ummmm... OK

"CT has historically been the best State, along with NJ, for quality per capita in the N'East. Maybe throw in Maryland. "

Comment

I know of a kid being recruited for an in-state school, and they were reluctant to give any $$ because coach said that since she was in-state, she's already getting a break. So, he wanted to save up those $$$ for outside players.

She took an offer from another school who was willing to give her $$$ and in the end, costs were close to the same.
                            That is a flip side for sure. That coaches can offer instate kids 25% instead of 50% and college will only cost them $22,500 instead of $36k for Fordham at 50% and they know the numbers are still heavily in their favor. Then they can try to get an out of state kid by offering them your other 25%.

Comment

NH produces 2-3 legitimate DI players on the girls side of things each year. On the boys side typically more. On the RARE occasion - about every 3 years we see a Rachel Hill, Morgan Andrews, or Gabby Brummett. The last boys player of any national notoriety was Charlie Davies and he left NH to play better competition.

NH has a wealth of DIII & a fair amount of DII talent. WE do not have a large pool of DI soccer talent in NH. Our best teams - NPL or DA all stars if we made a team - could NOT compete with the best teams from CT, NJ, Long Island, NC, Virginia, etc...

Talk to any DII or DI college head coach in NH and they will tell you why their rosters are loaded with more MA, CT, NY, & NJ kids than NH.

UNH men have 6 NH kids on the roster which is the most they have had in over 10 years.
                              UNH Women have 2. But if you look around to other DI schools in New England, there is not a ton of NH players on college rosters.

Historically the boys DA program has produced more DIII and DII players than DI. I am not sure the girls DA will fair much better. The current DA girls U16/17 group might have 2 girls who can play DI and 4 or 5 who can play DII. The others are not athletic or skilled enough to play scholarship level soccer.

Comment

NH produces 2-3 legitimate DI players on the girls side of things each year. On the boys side typically more. On the RARE occasion - about every 3 years we see a Rachel Hill, Morgan Andrews, or Gabby Brummett. The last boys player of any national notoriety was Charlie Davies and he left NH to play better competition.

NH has a wealth of DIII & a fair amount of DII talent. WE do not have a large pool of DI soccer talent in NH. Our best teams - NPL or DA all stars if we made a team - could NOT compete with the best teams from CT, NJ, Long Island, NC, Virginia, etc...

Talk to any DII or DI college head coach in NH and they will tell you why their rosters are loaded with more MA, CT, NY, & NJ kids than NH.

UNH men have 6 NH kids on the roster which is the most they have had in over 10 years.
                                UNH Women have 2. But if you look around to other DI schools in New England, there is not a ton of NH players on college rosters.

Historically the boys DA program has produced more DIII and DII players than DI. I am not sure the girls DA will fair much better. The current DA girls U16/17 group might have 2 girls who can play DI and 4 or 5 who can play DII. The others are not athletic or skilled enough to play scholarship level soccer.
                                We get it. You don't rate NH kids. The population doesn't support it.

You've made your opinion known several times over the last months. Many happen to disagree. Time to move along, or will we get to hear this again tomorrow?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X