X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Was SUSA in the top bracket ? If not which I’m pretty sure they weren’t
    None of the schools you listed were watching your kids game. Also there are plenty of
    EDP teams and NPL teams which can compete with ECNL teams .
    You should know this because the G03 SUSA NPL was really good before becoming ECNL for this season
    Not only were those coaches there, so were Virgina Tech, Syracuse and several others of varying athletic/academic caliber. I know it's hard to believe, because I almost plotzed myself, but that is the case. Like I said, I'm sure East Meadow had a similar turnout, the 2 teams in this age group are very similar in make-up...a handful of Regional/National ODP players, a few kids that have gone to ID2, a few kids that have played internationally with ODP/PDP, a few that have gone to NTCs etc.
    Aside from NT & pool players, those are the kids from ECNL who attract most of the early attention.
    3 of my kid's top choice schools, that she reached out to with her schedule- showed up, that's why she's so excited.

Never said there weren't NPL or edp teams that couldn't compete, but neither one of those leagues are going to offer my kid the same opportunity. We were at Bethesda a couple weeks ago, in the "top bracket" as you say, and there was nowhere near the level of college interest as there was at Greer, nowhere. I'd love to hear from some GDA parents as to what the turnout was at their showcase. This is an exciting time for all of our kids, we should be supporting and rooting for each other, not throwing animosity filled darts at each other.

Comment

Not only were those coaches there, so were Virgina Tech, Syracuse and several others of varying athletic/academic caliber. I know it's hard to believe, because I almost plotzed myself, but that is the case. Like I said, I'm sure East Meadow had a similar turnout, the 2 teams in this age group are very similar in make-up...a handful of Regional/National ODP players, a few kids that have gone to ID2, a few kids that have played internationally with ODP/PDP, a few that have gone to NTCs etc.
      Aside from NT & pool players, those are the kids from ECNL who attract most of the early attention.
      3 of my kid's top choice schools, that she reached out to with her schedule- showed up, that's why she's so excited.

Never said there weren't NPL or edp teams that couldn't compete, but neither one of those leagues are going to offer my kid the same opportunity. We were at Bethesda a couple weeks ago, in the "top bracket" as you say, and there was nowhere near the level of college interest as there was at Greer, nowhere. I'd love to hear from some GDA parents as to what the turnout was at their showcase. This is an exciting time for all of our kids, we should be supporting and rooting for each other, not throwing animosity filled darts at each other.
      FWIW, a lot of coaches cancelled their attendance to Bethesda once Bethesda cancelled a day of games and re-did the schedule the day before the tournament was supposed to start.

Comment

Could you explain how the coaches are communicating back to your player as she is only 14. Is it through her coach or some other way?

Comment

Also, how do you know that the invited coach came through the players invitation for that player? Do they communicate this some how? Once they have watched the player, what is the next step if they are interested and what is the next step if they are not? Thanks in advance

Comment

Could you explain how the coaches are communicating back to your player as she is only 14. Is it through her coach or some other way?
            Communication at this age happens through the coach.

Comment

Hey guys, since a lot of this info may be helpful to others, and they probably wouldn't think to look on a thread entitled "Susa" for it, I've started a new thread-Girls College Recruitment Ups and Downs.
              That way this thread can go back to bashing Susa and hopefully there can be some constructive conversations on the other one.

Comment

You are both incorrect. Those coaches only saw your kid play if she contacted them AND they had interest. Otherwise, they were there for a specific purpose, to see a particular player. Coaches don't just show up to fields to randomly see players.

And yes, coaches DO come to watch 14 year olds, especially from power 5 and top soccer programs. Connections definitely start that early for many players, not just "world class talent".
                That was not really the case at this showcase. Of the 2 games played, there were over 60 coaches in attendance, although some for only part of a game. Some indicated they were just familiarizing themselves with the teams and making rounds across the board.

Comment

That was not really the case at this showcase. Of the 2 games played, there were over 60 coaches in attendance, although some for only part of a game. Some indicated they were just familiarizing themselves with the teams and making rounds across the board.

Delusion at its best.......

Comment

Delusion at its best.......
                    60 coaches? LOL, the guy is crazy.

Comment

Does anyone bother with the SUSA indoor leagues for their teams? Is it worth doing? Our club coach says we do not to go there because and decent kids end up getting poached. Is there any truth in that?

Comment

60 coaches? LOL, the guy is crazy.
                        Whatever...don't believe it if you don't want. Or maybe they were impostors on the player's side saying they were coaches. There were over 150 coaches at the showcase and they made their rounds. Many of the games were side by side to they just had to turn around and they covered 4 teams. Switch fields at halftime and you all of the sudden covered 8 teams in one time slot.

Comment

Does anyone bother with the SUSA indoor leagues for their teams? Is it worth doing? Our club coach says we do not to go there because and decent kids end up getting poached. Is there any truth in that?
                          Indoor Worth doing? depends on age group....younger age groups yes fior development keeping them active. Just keep in mind its a different game than outdoors due to small suze. Working onpassing in tight spaces good for development shooting every time you get across midfield not so good

Getting poached? Yes its possible...typical way is that you register there all of your players get on their marketing lists inviting your players to their clinics, tryouts etc..

Comment

I’m not sure about any poaching. I don’t think anyone from Susa is watching the games scouting out talent. We just got done with a game about an hour ago. My biggest problem with the league is the officials. They are getting paid 30 bucks for 45 minutes. They have ZERO desire to be there and pretty much make ZERO calls( for both sides ) I’m not looking to win an indoor title. But if your going to charge 1500 for 7 games it should be run well. Kids are leveling each other out there and the ref is yawning. I think your better off renting an indoor space with your team and practicing. Just my opinion

Comment

Indoor Worth doing? depends on age group....younger age groups yes fior development keeping them active. Just keep in mind its a different game than outdoors due to small suze. Working onpassing in tight spaces good for development shooting every time you get across midfield not so good

Getting poached? Yes its possible...typical way is that you register there all of your players get on their marketing lists inviting your players to their clinics, tryouts etc..
                              Yes I heard that is the reason many clubs don't send teams and also told a few stories of kids getting approached directly after games and tournaments there too.

Comment

I don't necessarily think that any place poaches. However if you have anyone that is potentially looking or unhappy on your team, you are bringing them to the candy store. While their there they might ask questions and stick around to watch some of the local teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X