Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He said it depends which prep school you're playing. Some are of equal caliber others are not. It obviously helped him develop as he was playing Nova Scotia club soccer before that which was awful.
    by club i meant DA. i think the interviewer was asking how berkshire compared to canadian pro DA teams.

Comment

by club i meant DA. i think the interviewer was asking how berkshire compared to canadian pro DA teams.
      yes I know and he replied saying that some prep schools were at the same level and others "a bit less caliber"

Comment

yes I know and he replied saying that some prep schools were at the same level and others "a bit less caliber"
        i went back a listened again and here you go:

Q: "what would you say the caliber of soccer is from the prep school soccer to what you may have here in Canada with the [Canadian pro academies]. If you compare the caliber of soccer what would you say the caliber of prep school soccer is?"

A: "it certainly depends on what team you're playing. Certain [unintelligible pause] South Kent. But there are some teams under that caliber that we play, which is too bad. But I'd certainly say the academies are a much higher caliber but this is still a great caliber to play; a great game to play at the prep school level."

I think the dead air was referring to South Kent being on Berkshire's level. But he definitively says the Canadian pro academies are a much higher level than prep.

Comment

i went back a listened again and here you go:

Q: "what would you say the caliber of soccer is from the prep school soccer to what you may have here in Canada with the [Canadian pro academies]. If you compare the caliber of soccer what would you say the caliber of prep school soccer is?"

A: "it certainly depends on what team you're playing. Certain [unintelligible pause] South Kent. But there are some teams under that caliber that we play, which is too bad. But I'd certainly say the academies are a much higher caliber but this is still a great caliber to play; a great game to play at the prep school level."

I think the dead air was referring to South Kent being on Berkshire's level. But he definitively says the Canadian pro academies are a much higher level than prep.
          The pause was long. S Kent is a good example but if you go and look at the Berkshire schedule there were several other teams that Berkshire won by just one goal- Taft, Milton Academy, pomfret for example . Then there were others with 5-0 like scores- those are the ones that I think he was referring to as being much below Canadian DA academy level.

Comment

The pause was long. S Kent is a good example but if you go and look at the Berkshire schedule there were several other teams that Berkshire won by just one goal- Taft, Milton Academy, pomfret for example . Then there were others with 5-0 like scores- those are the ones that I think he was referring to as being much below Canadian DA academy level.
            I think we agree to disagree (on such a silly point) but my thought is he said something like "certain teams are at the caliber we play, like south kent". Because the next sentence is talking about teams below the Berkshire caliber. The final conclusion is that while prep < MLS DA, prep is still a great experience (directly addressing the question). I think you're confusing the "we" as Canadian MLS DA, versus I think the intent, which is "we" = Berkshire.

(S Kent is always a tough game for Berkshire - their only loss in 2016 en route to NEPSAC A championship where SK won NEPSAC B).

Comment

I think we agree to disagree (on such a silly point) but my thought is he said something like "certain teams are at the caliber we play, like south kent". Because the next sentence is talking about teams below the Berkshire caliber. The final conclusion is that while prep < MLS DA, prep is still a great experience (directly addressing the question). I think you're confusing the "we" as Canadian MLS DA, versus I think the intent, which is "we" = Berkshire.

(S Kent is always a tough game for Berkshire - their only loss in 2016 en route to NEPSAC A championship where SK won NEPSAC B).
              right - I don't think we are disagreeing much but you seem to be singling out South Kent (which btw was not good this year-many ties and the team as a whole was just lacking a lot of qualities). I'm saying that a few other teams they played were just as good as Berkshire. Wins were very tough to come by with single goal margins. I know not just from the scores but having watched the South Kent vs Berkshire game as well as other Berkshire games. re: Canadian DA teams: I imagine Berkshire will give them a good game as would Taft, South Kent and Milton Academy. I know Berkshire has played Oakwood and Boston Bolts and games were close and both teams put up well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X