Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy Wins Loser Cup 2018

Italy dominates sorry US team. Should have been 3 or 4 to 0.

A lack of talent and heart. I would say they are sandbagging to make next year's results look better.

But if this is what the Boys' DA is producing, I'd pass if I was on the women's side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A lack of talent and heart. I would say they are sandbagging to make next year's results look better.

But if this is what the Boys' DA is producing, I'd pass if I was on the women's side of things.
      Bingo. Ten years of BDA and where have we gotten? There's some improvement, but the rest of the world - already well ahead of us - is improving at a faster rate. For women, already on top, the rest of the world is quickly catching up and will pass us soon enough.

Comment

Bingo. Ten years of BDA and where have we gotten? There's some improvement, but the rest of the world - already well ahead of us - is improving at a faster rate. For women, already on top, the rest of the world is quickly catching up and will pass us soon enough.
        People have been saying that about the women for 20 years.

Comment

The difference is that for men/boys, there is a lot more focus in the U.S. on other sports -- way too much competition for soccer. Simply put, our best/most gifted athletes generally do not play soccer.

On the girl's side, there is less draw from other sports due to the lack of professional opportunities; soccer is fairly dominant for women.

Comment

People have been saying that about the women for 20 years.
            Take note of recent performances, especially younger teams. The women are slipping fast.

Comment

The difference is that for men/boys, there is a lot more focus in the U.S. on other sports -- way too much competition for soccer. Simply put, our best/most gifted athletes generally do not play soccer.

On the girl's side, there is less draw from other sports due to the lack of professional opportunities; soccer is fairly dominant for women.
              We have plenty of athletes that can be developed into top talent. We only need 50 top players to cobble together a competitive national team. We have system flaws top to bottom, including

- poor training at the early ages so we're forever playing catchup
              - a poor job identifying talent
              - a poor job developing talent

Then add in our geography, pay to play, and extensive travel in youth soccer and it's a mess. If the rest of the world is playing professionally by age 16-18 while ours are in school, we may never be able to close that gap. I know school is the focus for most US families, even for top players, and that's fine. But as long as that remains we may never see a WC trophy or Olympic medal for the men.

Comment

We have plenty of athletes that can be developed into top talent. We only need 50 top players to cobble together a competitive national team. We have system flaws top to bottom, including

- poor training at the early ages so we're forever playing catchup
                - a poor job identifying talent
                - a poor job developing talent

Then add in our geography, pay to play, and extensive travel in youth soccer and it's a mess. If the rest of the world is playing professionally by age 16-18 while ours are in school, we may never be able to close that gap. I know school is the focus for most US families, even for top players, and that's fine. But as long as that remains we may never see a WC trophy or Olympic medal for the men.
                Who really cares? Same thing 50 years ago. 40 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, today, 10 years from now, 20 years from now, when your dead, and it keeps going.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X