Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indoor practices

I find it very disappointing that clubs are requiring indoor practices when it is clear that the virus spreads indoors much more easily and readily indoors.
    Indoor practice should be optional as it doesn't matter which protocols are followed, the risk is great and the numbers are climbing and another spike is probable a few weeks after the new year.

It should be a family decision with no negative percussions from the coach or peer pressure.

Clubs are putting money before the players' safety.
    Play outdoors if it's so important.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I find it very disappointing that clubs are requiring indoor practices when it is clear that the virus spreads indoors much more easily and readily indoors.
      Indoor practice should be optional as it doesn't matter which protocols are followed, the risk is great and the numbers are climbing and another spike is probable a few weeks after the new year.

It should be a family decision with no negative percussions from the coach or peer pressure.
      Totally agree it should be optional. The risks aren't huge but I also understand people not being comfortable. Some coaches too. I bet some teams locked into contracts awhile ago that they can't get out of and/or can't get or afford turf fields.

It's also possible the state makes the decision and none of it happens or it does on a very limited basis.

If you don't send your child make sure they do training on their own, and possibly play pick up games,, so they don't fall behind on fitness. There's lots of online resources

Comment

indoor practices

a team can also be a family No?

Comment

What club? Most of the clubs I've heard are trying to do practices outdoors when the weather cooperates and not do indoor.

Comment

What club? Most of the clubs I've heard are trying to do practices outdoors when the weather cooperates and not do indoor.
            Who is playing outdoors?

Comment

You can’t win. If they don’t offer it, families are going to go elsewhere to get it.

Comment

Don’t send your kid. No one will hold it against you. You want everything to shut down because you don’t feel safe? Unreal

Comment

Don’t send your kid. No one will hold it against you. You want everything to shut down because you don’t feel safe? Unreal
                  Oh sure don't send your kid because you listen to the science/facts about covid and meanwhile the Carhartt wearing Dad sends his kid because he is a straight-up A**kisser and that's the only way his kid will get ahead. And who does he blame when he gets covid??? Not himself. Typical Right-wing mentality, loser. Harris 2024

Comment

I find it really hard to believe that any coaches will hold it against players if they opt not to attend indoor sessions. My D club is offering them but clearly stating that if a family is uncomfortable sending their player, no worries at all.

Comment

I find it really hard to believe that any coaches will hold it against players if they opt not to attend indoor sessions. My D club is offering them but clearly stating that if a family is uncomfortable sending their player, no worries at all.
                      We have two players opt out of indoor trainings and our coach is also 100% fine with it as is the rest of her team. I have no problem with them opting out. I would have a problem if the coach held it against them, but I cannot see this happening. It’s an odd time.

Comment

We have two players opt out of indoor trainings and our coach is also 100% fine with it as is the rest of her team. I have no problem with them opting out. I would have a problem if the coach held it against them, but I cannot see this happening. It’s an odd time.
                        Not the poster but some coaches are just diks. I can see it happening, but not often. I have no doubt some coaches don't want to be indoors either. Strange times indeed.

Comment

indoor practices

Not the poster but some coaches are just diks. I can see it happening, but not often. I have no doubt some coaches don't want to be indoors either. Strange times indeed.
                          maybe only the coaches with low level teams. the coaches with high level teams will not stop training for nothing short of a nuclear fallout.

Comment

maybe only the coaches with low level teams. the coaches with high level teams will not stop training for nothing short of a nuclear fallout.
                            I am a coach. Winter training/leagues are not mandatory but the players that do not participate were told that they better be doing some kind of training on their own because they may fall behind and will be sitting on the bench if they are not up to speed with the rest of the team. Thats how it works

Comment

indoor practices

I am a coach. Winter training/leagues are not mandatory but the players that do not participate were told that they better be doing some kind of training on their own because they may fall behind and will be sitting on the bench if they are not up to speed with the rest of the team. Thats how it works
                              yep, thats exactly how it should be. But your team can have all the talent in the world however if there is no team chemistry (all players play as one)...then the entire plan goes out the window.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X