Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Airport Team

Do your kids get nervous when they watch the other team warm up? IF the other team is big and strong looking, sometimes our kids get a little nervous thinking they are going to be really good.

The good thing is in soccer, size does not always matter.

We were playing a very large team of boys in 3v3 at Disney last year and I heard the other coach telling a parent, "we will beat this team 12-0 and then get back to the hotel quickly" Our team was smallish. The problem for them was were good and beat them 12-1 and it was a joke of a game. Not going to lie, it felt pretty good.

We played an OCYS team once on 11 v 11 and they looked awesome during warm-ups. We were again small but wound up beating them 5-1.

My kids have finally learned it doesn't matter what a team looks like in warm-ups.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do your kids get nervous when they watch the other team warm up? IF the other team is big and strong looking, sometimes our kids get a little nervous thinking they are going to be really good.

We were playing a very large team of boys in 3v3 at Disney last year and I heard the other coach telling a parent, "we will beat this team 12-0 and then get back to the hotel quickly" Our team was smallish. The problem for them was were good and beat them 12-1 and it was a joke of a game. Not going to lie, it felt pretty good.

We played an OCYS team once on 11 v 11 and they looked awesome during warm-ups. We were again small but wound up beating them 5-1.

My kids have finally learned it doesn't matter what a team looks like in warm-ups.
    Your kids must feel from some insecurity issue, i never heard of such a thing?

Comment

I was at the Airport and watched this Airport team, they were scary good.

Comment

I was at the Airport and watched this Airport team, they were scary good.
        Did they have ebola? What Country is the airport team from?

Must be hard playing on the runway and forced to dodge planes.

Comment

One time we were playing this Mexican team and we didn't think we could beat them. We were right. By like 10 goals. They should have been in a higher division but didn't have any money.

Comment

Your kids must feel from some insecurity issue, i never heard of such a thing?
            That's OK, they felt better after beating OCYS by a large margin.

Probably insecure because the coach always tell them they stink. Great motivator.

Comment

they fly they are so fast !

Comment

That's OK, they felt better after beating OCYS by a large margin.

Probably insecure because the coach always tell them they stink. Great motivator.
                Sounds like you're the one with insecurities.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X