Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What every parent should know about self-appointed Soccer Gurus

You'll rarely get accurate information from someone who publishes a diatribe about "elite players" on an anonymous message board.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You'll rarely get accurate information from someone who publishes a diatribe about "elite players" on an anonymous message board.
    I agree for we all know that elite players are

1.the players that have the shinest cleats and wear a single cleat from two different pairs to make themselves stand out more.
    2.The more elite players having their number stitched into the cleats.
    3. The most elite players have parents wearing their kids number jersey and singing songs on the sidelines about them.

Comment

Only "elite" parents understand what was written.

Comment

I know they will bang your wife at a tournament, then shake your hand, look you in the eye, and call you mate.

Comment

You think just because the kid look great and is better then most of the players that somehow this parent must be elite so we must listen to them ! zombie games

Comment

You think just because the kid look great and is better then most of the players that somehow this parent must be elite so we must listen to them ! zombie games
            Actually these parents are an elite pain in the ass!!! Their kids are embarrassed and wish they would stay home:)

Comment

Actually these parents are an elite pain in the ass!!! Their kids are embarrassed and wish they would stay home:)
              Especially since Most of these so called Parents have never touched a soccer ball and are just FAT Bastards living vicariously through their child.

Comment

The elite players are the one's whose dad is still their coach past age 8 and knows they need to do whatever it takes to promote their kids, and impede any kid they feel might standout over their kid. They learned that when they got their F license.

Comment

That "elite" post applies to all sports. Obviously there are kids that get how to play the game with their brain and those that don't....many coaches assume the kids understand the mental game, and they don't. So stop screaming at them like they should know the stuff and teach them, or better yet show them on the field about positioning, creating space. etc. Get them thinking and not watching!!

Comment

You are all jealous parents. Your kids suck.

Comment

That "elite" post applies to all sports. Obviously there are kids that get how to play the game with their brain and those that don't....many coaches assume the kids understand the mental game, and they don't. So stop screaming at them like they should know the stuff and teach them, or better yet show them on the field about positioning, creating space. etc. Get them thinking and not watching!!
                      Love it. Coaches responsible for players using their minds. A good coach can make all the difference.

Comment

Elite players to some people !

Understanding ‘play’ to understanding ‘pressure’

Comment

Coaches are coaches for because they never made it ! Blind leading the blind.

Comment

Parkland Preditors has about 20 self appointed guru's

Comment

Part of the problem is the average kids parents. My kid is really good and I despise other parents and coaches asking me how my kid became so good. 1. I know how my became good and know that one cleat does not fit all feet. 2. If I don't tell them anything they think I am a snob and elitist. 3. If I do tell them what my kid does I get the impression they think I am full of crap or they want to argue why their way is better than what my kid did/does.

I know nothing about soccer. I have only observed what my kid does. I try to hid from other parents because the conversations are always awkward, especially if the parent thinks their kid should be the best player on the team because they go to IMG. It is a lot of pressure when you have the best kid on the team and you are appointed the guru of soccer for the team/club. Self appointed you can laugh at. Team/Club appointed is just crazy and a lot of pressure on me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X