Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed

The county has refused to allow BRSC to place temporary lights on the fields. The club must remove them. Please contact our commissioners and request them to intervene. Please see the website for more information.

Comment

Why not let this joke of a club die? This is second tier soccer. Just let it die

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Why not let this joke of a club die? This is second tier soccer. Just let it die
        All kids deserve a place to play. I have no problem with them offering recreational soccer, but to delude the kids/parents into believing the competitive teams are going anywhere, it is just robbing them. (caveat: U17 girls team is only REAL competitive team at this club and everyone is glad to see them succeed); the rest of the "competitive" teams are a sham.

Comment

The county has refused to allow BRSC to place temporary lights on the fields. The club must remove them. Please contact our commissioners and request them to intervene. Please see the website for more information.
          8 years ago, the BRSC board knew Rosedale residents would never allow lights on the back fields. This was made clear when the current lights were put in as it would have been cheaper to run lights to the back fields at the same time.

Why does BRSC believe Rosedale's position would change?

There are other lit fields in the area with availability so it seems BRSC needed to plan ahead a bit and rent some fields.

Comment

All kids deserve a place to play. I have no problem with them offering recreational soccer, but to delude the kids/parents into believing the competitive teams are going anywhere, it is just robbing them. (caveat: U17 girls team is only REAL competitive team at this club and everyone is glad to see them succeed); the rest of the "competitive" teams are a sham.
            I agree with the 17's. The rest of the girls teams are USA Div II material. Terrible soccer. Terrible coaching

Comment

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/10/23/...=/99/100/&rh=1

spending a million for lighted fields seems like a bad move- the club is struggling. you cant count on that club surviving. look at manatee magic -millions on lighted fields and the club dies now the westside Mexicans have lighted fields.

Comment

8 years ago, the BRSC board knew Rosedale residents would never allow lights on the back fields. This was made clear when the current lights were put in as it would have been cheaper to run lights to the back fields at the same time.

There are other lit fields in the area with availability so it seems BRSC needed to plan ahead a bit and rent some fields.
                I think there are some lighted fields available just a bit east of BR.

Comment

Comment

The PSC? I'm sure they'd have no problem sending their kids over there...lol!

Comment

Renting fields at psc is the answer if brac needs more space. Sports clubs have a life span and it makes no sense to invest the limited funds into capital improvements when the demographics change. Lwr area will peak soon then go down hill like all residential areas. Demographics rarely improve-go up. 35% of students in manatee county speak Spanish as their first language . This keeps growing. 15 -18 % are African American . 5% are other. The Spanish kids like soccer but won't pay for it. The blacks don't like it as they don't see Americans getting big money or college scholarships playing soccer.

Comment

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/10/23/...=/99/100/&rh=1

spending a million for lighted fields seems like a bad move- the club is struggling. you cant count on that club surviving. look at manatee magic -millions on lighted fields and the club dies now the westside Mexicans have lighted fields.
                        What is the cost difference between renting the portable lights at BRSC vs renting fields at PSC? Im sure that PSC HAS NO PROBLEM renting field space to BR

Comment

That is not true that 35% of the students in Manatee County speak Spanish as their first language. I wish people would not post wrong information. I work for MCSD. I know the facts.

Comment

That is not true that 35% of the students in Manatee County speak Spanish as their first language. I wish people would not post wrong information. I work for MCSD. I know the facts.
                            At least someone works at MCSD. Do you also carry a gun now?

Comment

There are multiple lit fields with space available to rent, not just PSC. You also have Braden River Park (SR 70 near the library) and Heritage Harbor that Braden River has rented fields at before.

The key is making sure the fields you have stay in good shape which requires resting the fields for maintenance.

If BRSC needs more lit fields, perhaps they should purchase some land and make new fields -- wait, that costs money, never mind.

I sincerely hope BRSC was resting the lit fields during Summer daylight. Having 4 out of 7 fields lit is an appropriate proportion so you can rest fields and keep them in good shape. Having all fields lit would be a waste of taxpayer's money.

Comment

You are right. It's actually 40%.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X