Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He has no interest in posting that since his name isn't at the bottom.

Exactly. I expect if he finds a newspaper he'll cut the article out and put it in his scrapbook....

Comment

Exactly. I expect if he finds a newspaper he'll cut the article out and put it in his scrapbook....
      Oh he’s posted that stuff too.

Comment

Oh he’s posted that stuff too.
        Think he gives it a quick gunfingers and a wink before he heads out after applying another round of the self-tanner?

Comment

Have the results been posted anywhere?

Comment

Hmm, let me Google that for you ... https://www.concordmonitor.com/SoccerAllState-cmag-111418-21538113

Comment

Hmm, let me Google that for you ... https://www.concordmonitor.com/SoccerAllState-cmag-111418-21538113
              Awesome, thanks for last year's results!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for last year's results!
                LOL right?

I can save the OP some time and dig up the older one's as well :-)

Comment

Still not posted anywhere after a week?

Comment

So stats are taken into play and included in the nominations?
                    Sure, but for the most part they don't matter that much unless the kid is a high scoring D or stats on GK saves. A Forward with a ton of goals against a bunch of low level teams isn't as impressive as a Mid that wins every 1v1...2v1...3v1 and gets the ball to the wide open winger who gets the ball to the wide open forward who then scores.

Comment

Sure, but for the most part they don't matter that much unless the kid is a high scoring D or stats on GK saves. A Forward with a ton of goals against a bunch of low level teams isn't as impressive as a Mid that wins every 1v1...2v1...3v1 and gets the ball to the wide open winger who gets the ball to the wide open forward who then scores.
                      Who is keeping said stats?

Comment

I am also impressed with midfielders who often don’t get on the stats sheet but routinely set up the play for a goal. However, forwards who have a ton of goals aren’t just tapping them in. Sure often times the goal scorer is just the player in the right place at the right time. But a player doesn’t get a ton of goals without having a big part in it. Every division in NH has some weak and some strong teams. No one is racking up a ton of goals against all weak teams. Every great forward knows they count on their team to get them the ball.

Comment

A solid great striker is the hardest person to find. There is a reason why the best players in the history of the game are strikers. To place a ball behind the goalie is an extremely difficult task. Great defender play; very hard but manageable. Great midfield play; very hard but manageable. Great striker play: you are lucky to have it.

Comment

A solid great striker is the hardest person to find. There is a reason why the best players in the history of the game are strikers. To place a ball behind the goalie is an extremely difficult task. Great defender play; very hard but manageable. Great midfield play; very hard but manageable. Great striker play: you are lucky to have it.
                            I get what you are saying and I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you BUT... let’s face it... the striker is the glory position. I don’t know if it’s the hardest person to find or if it’s true that the “best players” in history are strikers. It’s just that the focus is on them and they will always stand out more in close / competitive games. Just my $.02

Comment

A solid great striker is the hardest person to find. There is a reason why the best players in the history of the game are strikers. .
                              Leo Messi, Johan Cruyff, and Ronaldo would disagree with you.

Comment

Leo Messi, Johan Cruyff, and Ronaldo would disagree with you.
                                Pirlo, Xavi, Van Dijk, Robson...

Strikers get the press since they often score the goals, but a categorical statement like "There is a reason why the best players in the history of the game are strikers" is off-base.

That being said, every team needs a poacher, a snake-in-the-box.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X