Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it is worth ...

Sorry, I am not a real regular contributor, but felt like doing so today (in as "Hokey" a means as possible).

Three out of my four children have either played club soccer or are currently playing club soccer. One played for MPS a few years back and two currently play for two different clubs (NEFC and Scorpions ... believe it or not ... apparently NOT a paradoxical occurrence).

My personal experience is that there are GREAT and PASSIONATE coaches in ALL 3 clubs and I STRONGLY suspect that this is also the case with your clubs as well (otherwise why would you pay good money to place your children there).

I am an engaged soccer parent. I serve in all the roles that I am welcome in; coach, town soccer board, town representative at local travel league and club team manager.

I am grateful for a place like this, where I can occasionally come and get caught up on the latest news, rumors and topical discussions pertaining to our own little Massachusetts soccer micro-culture.

For some reason, some individuals feel obliged to use this forum to beat their proverbial chests incessantly, point fingers unproductively, degrade other clubs/coaches/players for having the gall to be affiliated with a club other than their own and worse yet, to make uncalled for personalized attacks.

I know, I know, I know ... welcome to online forums and realistically, I know that this post is not going to change forum culture.

BUT ... I do see people trying to set an appropriate tone and want to you to know that the rest of us DO appreciate it. The only practical way to change a culture is for its members to self-regulate, by establishing what is acceptable, recognizing/reinforcing acceptable behavior and by discouraging/correcting unacceptable behavior.

So anyway ...

A big THANK YOU to those of you out there who do regularly try to set a positive tone ... I believe that it is why MOST of us come here!

Sorry for the diatribe!

Some people can't feel good about themself unless they degrade others. That's what my mother always said.

Comment

not a new comer

Originally posted by davejohnjr View Post
      Sorry, I am not a real regular contributor, but felt like doing so today (in as "Hokey" a means as possible).

Three out of my four children have either played club soccer or are currently playing club soccer. One played for MPS a few years back and two currently play for two different clubs (NEFC and Scorpions ... believe it or not ... apparently NOT a paradoxical occurrence).

My personal experience is that there are GREAT and PASSIONATE coaches in ALL 3 clubs and I STRONGLY suspect that this is also the case with your clubs as well (otherwise why would you pay good money to place your children there).

I am an engaged soccer parent. I serve in all the roles that I am welcome in; coach, town soccer board, town representative at local travel league and club team manager.

I am grateful for a place like this, where I can occasionally come and get caught up on the latest news, rumors and topical discussions pertaining to our own little Massachusetts soccer micro-culture.

For some reason, some individuals feel obliged to use this forum to beat their proverbial chests incessantly, point fingers unproductively, degrade other clubs/coaches/players for having the gall to be affiliated with a club other than their own and worse yet, to make uncalled for personalized attacks.

I know, I know, I know ... welcome to online forums and realistically, I know that this post is not going to change forum culture.

BUT ... I do see people trying to set an appropriate tone and want to you to know that the rest of us DO appreciate it. The only practical way to change a culture is for its members to self-regulate, by establishing what is acceptable, recognizing/reinforcing acceptable behavior and by discouraging/correcting unacceptable behavior.

So anyway ...

A big THANK YOU to those of you out there who do regularly try to set a positive tone ... I believe that it is why MOST of us come here!

Sorry for the diatribe!
      Not new to this site or other public forums. Every now and then a guy like you comes on the board all mightier then all. He makes a statement like you did about how people should only be positive and only post things that he thinks is appropriate because he has the right perspective. My recommendation to you is read what you want, but don't try and lecture others.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Not new to this site or other public forums. Every now and then a guy like you comes on the board all mightier then all. He makes a statement like you did about how people should only be positive and only post things that he thinks is appropriate because he has the right perspective. My recommendation to you is read what you want, but don't try and lecture others.

Another thing my mother us to say, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Comment

Look in the mirror, Buddy.

Comment

Agree 100%. The only thing more nauseating than U-little bashers are the self-righteous gas bags who try to high-jack the threads with their pompous crap.

Here's an idea. Instead of trying to high-jack threads and teach everyone else a lesson, why not keep this thread going and post in here about how wonderful you are? Like your mom used to say...

Comment

Agree 100%. The only thing more nauseating than U-little bashers are the self-righteous gas bags who try to high-jack the threads with their pompous crap.

Here's an idea. Instead of trying to high-jack threads and teach everyone else a lesson, why not keep this thread going and post in here about how wonderful you are? Like your mom used to say...
              OCD posting as if he's someone different. Man, get some help will you???

Comment

hahaha ...

Let's see now ...

Mightier than all
                Gas Bag
                Self righteous
                Pompous
                OCD

LOL ... that did not take long ... anonymity IS very empowering isn't it

Comment

You guys don't have what they call "the social skills". That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mamas.

Comment

The problem is that youth soccer is such a dirty sport..no one is going to believe that there are so many coaches and clubs that do it from the bottom of their heart..if that was the case all these so called high level coaches from mps and nefc etc would be volunteering their precious time and knowledge to the u6 and u8 kids for FREE.This is where we need them the most not u15 and u16

Comment

The problem is that youth soccer is such a dirty sport..no one is going to believe that there are so many coaches and clubs that do it from the bottom of their heart..if that was the case all these so called high level coaches from mps and nefc etc would be volunteering their precious time and knowledge to the u6 and u8 kids for FREE.This is where we need them the most not u15 and u16
                      Please remember that the majority of these young coaches, especially from overseas, are unable to obtain employment in their fields of study. They have all earned degrees in phys Ed, sports management, or whatever and cannot find work at home. But they can all play a little soccer, so they offer themselves as indentured servants to some club that likes accents for their coaches. The sponsoring club helps with the visas and employs them for a period of time, after which they head back home to Manchester or Birmingham to try and obtain a second visa. Now, if they are cute enough, these aspiring entrepreneurs will attempt to steal daddy's little girl's heart and hope that proposal of marriage or a pregnancy (hopefully not with one of the moms) is enough to keep them here. They are not here to be career coaches, volunteers or anything resembling altruistic. I feel bad for the ugly ones.

Comment

Originally posted by davejohnjr View Post
                        hahaha ...

Let's see now ...

Mightier than all
                        Gas Bag
                        Self righteous
                        Pompous
                        OCD

LOL ... that did not take long ... anonymity IS very empowering isn't it
                        OCD was not in reference to you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X