•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French national soccer team goes all reverse affirmative action

http://www.bigblackkids.com/2011/04/...-goes-all.html

Interesting Article. Please read and please be civil to the other posters

Uh-oh, now you've opened a can of worms.

But before anyone goes off on a tirade, do a little more in-depth research and get updated on this story about the French national team. You'll find this story is not particularly grounded in the issue of racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Uh-oh, now you've opened a can of worms.

But before anyone goes off on a tirade, do a little more in-depth research and get updated on this story about the French national team. You'll find this story is not particularly grounded in the issue of racism.
      This is not about racism. This is more about patriotism (4th of July), but is it worth excluding some of the better players?

Comment

This is not about racism. This is more about patriotism (4th of July), but is it worth excluding some of the better players?
        France has a pretty serious problem with unassimilated immigrants these days. It's been a serious theme in their political arena for quite awhile now. This looks like a response to that particular issue. It just so happens that many of those unassimilated immigrants are from the former French colonies in Africa, thus creating the racial angle for anyone interested in exploiting it. I'm not a fan of the French (to put it extremely mildly), but this really doesn't strike me as a racial issue. It's a cultural issue.

Comment

Racism is all over, in fact I believe we all have some racism in us. The French should be able to do what they want and only time will tell if they are smart or stupid. They really can't do any worse than they did the last time we say them.

Comment

Yeah right, you pre textual twit.

Shut this string down now enough is enough....

Comment

Racism is all over, in fact I believe we all have some racism in us. The French should be able to do what they want and only time will tell if they are smart or stupid. They really can't do any worse than they did the last time we say them.
              But still, as bad as a coach may be or there be serious disagreements. The players were wrong in how they tried to resolve their issues at the world cup. Putting this in the local context, there are a lot of local youth coaches from both south america and europe, who hates US Soccer. Instead of trying to improve the system, prefer to sit on the sidelines and complain.
              And in doing so excludes their best players from trying out for the the pool. Instead lets tryout for Brazil, Spain or Austria, where your parents are from.

Comment

Shut this string down now enough is enough....
                Give me a good intellectual reason why.

Comment

What is a "pre textual twit"?

Comment

What is a "pre textual twit"?
                    I believe a similar problem is happening in Britain at the Premier League level. The english clubs have so many foriegn players , and the premier league is at such a high level.However the English National team sucks.

Comment

England

They might not of won anything of late. They are ranked #4 in the world right now. The England team that is you schmuck.

Comment

They might not of won anything of late. They are ranked #4 in the world right now. The England team that is you schmuck.
                        Can,t you make a point without being rude? But seriously you really believe England should be above Brazil and Italy. What as England done lately?

Comment

I mean who wouldn't want more muslim players from Egypt, Lybia, and Tunisia? I mean what could go wrong with these peace loving folks?

Comment

I mean who wouldn't want more muslim players from Egypt, Lybia, and Tunisia? I mean what could go wrong with these peace loving folks?
                            You guys are getting out of hand. Please get back on topic please

Comment

They are good players cause they train in those weight vests.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X