Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think you and I are essentially on the same wave length. I think some here though may be confused what actual top level players and top level programs look like. The rankings in any given year really don't matter when it comes defining the "top level" programs. They all have a down year every now and again due to injuries or other issues. They are the ones though that are perennially at the top because they have made a conscious effort to chase a national title and are backing the effort with resources and money. They are distinctly different from places like BC who are trying to match up with those "top level" programs in words only because they are neither committing the resources nor the money needed. When it comes to recruiting the "top players" are the ones the top programs are out there actively pursuing. Its nothing like the whole email and wait game folks on this board like to push as the way things are done.
    Agreed. When i see the words top level, I am down to about 15 programs already. As you say, forget the current "rankings". I think for all the time, $$ and effort spent iy should be alarming to many that essentially there are 15 schools that seem to do it right every year. The way they build, recruit and handle players is first class. Do they always win? No, but they are perennial contenders and every big recruit knows who they are. Sure they dont all go there , but when they show real interest, every one at least listens.

I guess that a disconnect I have with this board because there are very few top programs up here. Penn State.

Comment

Agreed. When i see the words top level, I am down to about 15 programs already. As you say, forget the current "rankings". I think for all the time, $$ and effort spent iy should be alarming to many that essentially there are 15 schools that seem to do it right every year. The way they build, recruit and handle players is first class. Do they always win? No, but they are perennial contenders and every big recruit knows who they are. Sure they dont all go there , but when they show real interest, every one at least listens.

I guess that a disconnect I have with this board because there are very few top programs up here. Penn State.
      I'll bite. Please tell us your list of 15.

Comment

NE Soccer Journal this week:

1 BC
        2 NU
        3 Brown
        4 Harvard
        5 Yale
        6 PC
        7 Bryant
        8 UConn
        9 UMass Lowell
        10 Quinnipiac

Comment

BU 1 Dartmouth 0

Surprised they are not in top 10 above.

Comment

NE Soccer Journal this week:

1 BC
            2 NU
            3 Brown
            4 Harvard
            5 Yale
            6 PC
            7 Bryant
            8 UConn
            9 UMass Lowell
            10 Quinnipiac
            Not that the rankings are wrong, but you just have to shake your head when you see 3 non scholarship programs ranked in the top 5. That should never happen. PC and UConn need to look at what they're doing because something is terribly wrong with their program.

Comment

Not that the rankings are wrong, but you just have to shake your head when you see 3 non scholarship programs ranked in the top 5. That should never happen. PC and UConn need to look at what they're doing because something is terribly wrong with their program.
              UCONN a combination of young talent and poor coaching. Add the pending lawsuit and maybe it's time for a shakeup at Uconn. PC is coaching and it's a smaller school with less appeal academically, making recruiting harder. There are so many great schools within 1-3 hours away for top players to chose from

Comment

What non scholarship program? The Ivy's give money they just don't call in athletic scholarship

Comment

What non scholarship program? The Ivy's give money they just don't call in athletic scholarship
                  The financial aid given by Ivies is strictly need based. It is totally independent of the athletic admission process. Yes, the teams do typically have an assistant coach to help recruits with the financial aid application and process, but the financial aid determination is made by the financial aid office and is strictly need based.

Comment

Why? I think all this tells you is there are a core group of difference making players and none of these schools have a greater chance of getting them than each other or getting enough of them to distance themselves from the rest.

Remember that they are all good schools so getting in to them is an achievement in itself.

The schools offering better soccer and equivalent education get the majority of the blue chippers

Comment

I'll bite. Please tell us your list of 15.
                      Off the top of my head

Stanford,USC,UCLA,Duke, UNC,UVa,FSU, PSU,ND, Georgetown,Florida,WV

Im sure i have missed some. Feel free to correct

Comment

NC St 1 BC 0
                        They score with seconds left.

Comment

Northeastern 1 Drexel 1
                          Rematch of CAA finals 2016

Comment

Why? I think all this tells you is there are a core group of difference making players and none of these schools have a greater chance of getting them than each other or getting enough of them to distance themselves from the rest.

Remember that they are all good schools so getting in to them is an achievement in itself.

The schools offering better soccer and equivalent education get the majority of the blue chippers
                            Girls, you here to play soccer. Ability to score goals trumps SAT scores every day of the week

Comment

NC St 1 BC 0
                              They score with seconds left.
                              How on earth does a team concede THAT goal?

Comment

How on earth does a team concede THAT goal?
                                It was a beautiful shot. You would be dancing if the Eaglets had made it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X