Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Through all of this we see that the contrarians likely have something to lose if this takes off. Hmmm, interesting, why else would someone cont to repeat the same dribble so often? Notice the substance doesn't change but every two to three posts are by them? Laughable. The bottom line is this is great for the boys who are on one of the three teams. If my team wasn't doing it I would ask them why.
    Oregon Clubs have been having these type of inter-state friendlies (dayz) for decades, better question why hasn't your club been doing it? Hmmmmm...

Bottom line you let those posters pointing out this obvious fact--- that 'nothing has changed', & it bothers the heck out of you.

Which is truly the greatest gift you give to us readers on this forum, all sourced from the brain trust of the 3 blind mice led clubs. Mini-me emperors have no clothes.

McLovin it.

Comment

Word is that JP Morgan has promised the breakaway clubs €3,250 (US$4,800) to finance the creation of the new Elite Academy League.
      errrr.. Soccer Chance Academy, my bad....

Comment

What club does your son play for bitter guy? Would love to know how and why you think it’s so superior and why you have this incessant need to be an azzhat? There is not one club (on the boys side) that dominates the landscape across the age groups. And on the girls side the encl model has proven to be more successful at placing girls in college at big schools up to this point. I understand the thorns have a couple younger teams that will have some say in that in The future (if they stay there) but to each their own and having multiple options and opportunities to play for the kids is not a bad thing....get off your soapbox get your undies out the bunch they are in and just enjoy the time with your kids and don’t worry so much about what others are deciding to do. Make the choice you think is best for your family and be at peace with it...
        Ouch. Someone hit the top corner last night!

At any rate, this appears to be little more than a cheap marketing ploy. Unfortunately, it might be a somewhat successful one, as the cachet of a "travel league" is worth the expense and inconvenience for some parents, even if the regional opponents are ISC Gunners and Boise Timbers, rather than Pacific NW or Crossfire Premier.

This bothers me less than some of the other proposals out there, which essentially try to break the concept of a unified state league by withdrawing the top teams therefrom (and that includes DA, which my DS spent a couple years in). Since CFC, OPFC, UPDX are still playing in State Cup and at least one of the local qualifying leagues, this has value.

But still... the level of competition in Boise or Issaquah is not any better than what one finds in the metro area or in Eugene. And since at least one of the involved clubs has a long history of p1ssing and moaning every time it has to play a league game in Medford, the thought of them embracing the 400 mile drive to Idaho to lose to yet another Alliance team is humorous...

Comment

Ouch. Someone hit the top corner last night!

At any rate, this appears to be little more than a cheap marketing ploy. Unfortunately, it might be a somewhat successful one, as the cachet of a "travel league" is worth the expense and inconvenience for some parents, even if the regional opponents are ISC Gunners and Boise Timbers, rather than Pacific NW or Crossfire Premier.

This bothers me less than some of the other proposals out there, which essentially try to break the concept of a unified state league by withdrawing the top teams therefrom (and that includes DA, which my DS spent a couple years in). Since CFC, OPFC, UPDX are still playing in State Cup and at least one of the local qualifying leagues, this has value.

But still... the level of competition in Boise or Issaquah is not any better than what one finds in the metro area or in Eugene. And since at least one of the involved clubs has a long history of p1ssing and moaning every time it has to play a league game in Medford, the thought of them embracing the 400 mile drive to Idaho to lose to yet another Alliance team is humorous...
          Which team pisses and moans about playing this n Medford?

Comment

Oregon Clubs have been having these type of inter-state friendlies (dayz) for decades, better question why hasn't your club been doing it? Hmmmmm...

Bottom line you let those posters pointing out this obvious fact--- that 'nothing has changed', & it bothers the heck out of you.

Which is truly the greatest gift you give to us readers on this forum, all sourced from the brain trust of the 3 blind mice led clubs. Mini-me emperors have no clothes.

McLovin it.
            LOL at calling them friendlies. I mean... if you calling ALL games these boys play "friendlies" then I guess your right. If you are trying to imply that the EAL is "friendly matches" and OYSA is the "real deal"? LOL. Thats funny. No credibility.

These three clubs expanded the opponent base and you can't handle this. Clown.

Comment

LOL at calling them friendlies. I mean... if you calling ALL games these boys play "friendlies" then I guess your right. If you are trying to imply that the EAL is "friendly matches" and OYSA is the "real deal"? LOL. Thats funny. No credibility.

No you expanded the hole in your pepsi can bong. Nice.

Comment

That's like saying you expanded your culinary base by eating at the Denny's in Yakima.

Comment

Washingtonian here. The Gunners aren’t the club they once were. They have been hemorrhaging players for last 4 years as PSPL became less and less popular and ECNL took off.

Comment

Washingtonian here. The Gunners aren’t the club they once were. They have been hemorrhaging players for last 4 years as PSPL became less and less popular and ECNL took off.
                    No offense, but the veritable zoo of competing leagues (RCL! PSPL! ECNL! I'm sure I missed at least one) is something we'd like to avoid down here.

Comment

That's like saying you expanded your culinary base by eating at the Denny's in Yakima.
                      Just announced a Denny's in Mt. Rainer(MRFC) to dine at as well.
                      Yakima (Eastern Washington SC) is confirmed as posted.

Comment

No offense, but the veritable zoo of competing leagues (RCL! PSPL! ECNL! I'm sure I missed at least one) is something we'd like to avoid down here.
                        Too late—we now have EAL, GAL, ECNL just to name a few...

Comment

Too late—we now have EAL, GAL, ECNL just to name a few...
                          Just an FYI these self proclaimed leagues are basically shutdown on the West Coast (no interstate travel) for over a year now, so we have avoided this insanity for the time being.

Friendlies might happen with the obscure regions of central & eastern washington in the future. (EAL)

Comment

Just an FYI these self proclaimed leagues are basically shutdown on the West Coast (no interstate travel) for over a year now, so we have avoided this insanity for the time being.

Friendlies might happen with the obscure regions of central & eastern washington in the future. (EAL)
                            It’s coming. OYSA is getting gutted down to like five clubs if that. Feel bad for the local kids left.

Comment

It’s coming. OYSA is getting gutted down to like five clubs if that. Feel bad for the local kids left.

Missing out a midnight dining at Denny's in Bonney Lake (wa) MRFC's preferred greasy spoon. Gutted is an understatement.

Comment

OYSA will take a big hit but won’t all the club’s b teams still be playing in OYSA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X