Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando City MLS Next Academy

Has it gotten better since the change to the new training park and the coaches from Weston? I guess it could only get better at the Monteverde disaster but is it really better, it looks like the signed more homegrown this year than ever before.

All is good over here, thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Has it gotten better since the change to the new training park and the coaches from Weston? I guess it could only get better at the Monteverde disaster but is it really better, it looks like the signed more homegrown this year than ever before.
      The proper focus on young players, philsophy for Orl B - Michel Bender and Wifred all came from Monteverde ) hardly a disaster

Comment

The proper focus on young players, philsophy for Orl B - Michel Bender and Wifred all came from Monteverde ) hardly a disaster
        Montverde is a shadow of what they once were. Level of play and coaching has had a significant drop off.

Comment

Montverde is a shadow of what they once were. Level of play and coaching has had a significant drop off.
          Actually as a parent who has been in the program for 4 years it has never been better - all of the coaches Montverde fired wound up at orlando city and ideasport

Comment

Actually as a parent who has been in the program for 4 years it has never been better - all of the coaches Montverde fired wound up at orlando city and ideasport
            I disagree. Starting with the fat balding one. He is a terrible coach.

Comment

I think OCSC is better than they have been but you can't ignore the glaring missteps the coaches from South Florida have made and I think it just proves that selection for these teams is just one or two guys opinions of players and often it is not the based on anything other than their personal opinion or preference.
              There are currently 6 players in the 03,04 and 05 age groups that OCSC cut or did not select for their academy teams that play for national teams. Three of those players were picked up by MLS teams and signed to their sides and two currently play in European leagues(yes division 2 and 3 but still).
              Again I am just trying to tell all the parents that read these threads that just because their son makes the team or doesn't make the team doesn't mean they can or more importantly they can not play at that level. Every coach is making their selections based off of their personal feelings and ideas of how they want their team to look and they often make more mistakes in the selection process than they get right. It is just the way it is.

Comment

I think OCSC is better than they have been but you can't ignore the glaring missteps the coaches from South Florida have made and I think it just proves that selection for these teams is just one or two guys opinions of players and often it is not the based on anything other than their personal opinion or preference.
                There are currently 6 players in the 03,04 and 05 age groups that OCSC cut or did not select for their academy teams that play for national teams. Three of those players were picked up by MLS teams and signed to their sides and two currently play in European leagues(yes division 2 and 3 but still).
                Again I am just trying to tell all the parents that read these threads that just because their son makes the team or doesn't make the team doesn't mean they can or more importantly they can not play at that level. Every coach is making their selections based off of their personal feelings and ideas of how they want their team to look and they often make more mistakes in the selection process than they get right. It is just the way it is.
                South Florida mafia!

Comment

You sure? They have kids this year with full rides to UNC-Chapel H: Clemson: Portland: Ga South. Also had a kid sign a pro contract with Lou City in Feb and have 2 kids now in LA with the first team on trail. me thinks ur wrong

Comment

South Florida mafia!
                    That staff can't pick their own noses correctly so forget about players. They line their pockets and pick roster spots on almost everything besides talent. If you don't speak their language ( and I'm not talking about Spanish) then you are tossed aside and replaced. They also inflate their accomplishments and don't acknowledge their failures. They are afraid to put their teams out against real competition in fear of being exposed as frauds. Why else would you drop out of USL where you lost every game to play UPSL and beat up on lesser competition? Silly rabbit......Tricks are for kids!

Comment

That staff can't pick their own noses correctly so forget about players. They line their pockets and pick roster spots on almost everything besides talent. If you don't speak their language ( and I'm not talking about Spanish) then you are tossed aside and replaced. They also inflate their accomplishments and don't acknowledge their failures. They are afraid to put their teams out against real competition in fear of being exposed as frauds. Why else would you drop out of USL where you lost every game to play UPSL and beat up on lesser competition? Silly rabbit......Tricks are for kids!
                      So sad that is took me a long time to figure it out

Comment

First I'll admit I could be wrong with my statement but I doubt that a MLS league team would put any team into the UPSL over USL. You might just be hating on that one brother.

Comment

First I'll admit I could be wrong with my statement but I doubt that a MLS league team would put any team into the UPSL over USL. You might just be hating on that one brother.
                          Poster is 100% correct. OC u23 team left USL 2 to play UPSL this season. They were tired of losing every match with a good roster.

Comment

Poster is 100% correct. OC u23 team left USL 2 to play UPSL this season. They were tired of losing every match with a good roster.
                            Then that is pretty sad, USl to UPSL!?! Isn't that a step down or two?

Comment

Then that is pretty sad, USl to UPSL!?! Isn't that a step down or two?
                              In terms of marketing yes! But there are lots of good players everywhere ! It’s the system it’s corrupt, it’s not pure! And it’s a problem! And if you think it’s bad here go to the UK where every kid in Europe is trying to go to the uk $$$$. That’s how good you have to be and you need help lots of it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X