The tryouts ARE RIGGED.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a coach myself... I can say 99% of the time if players are about even. The club goes with the player that has parents with the least amount of issues.

its not politics....its the parents.

Comment

players that are currently on the team....Shouldnt even have to go to tryouts. Their tryouts were the entire year. Only new faces should be at tryouts. If you couldnt show in that year what makes you think you will show at tryouts?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        players that are currently on the team....Shouldnt even have to go to tryouts. Their tryouts were the entire year. Only new faces should be at tryouts. If you couldnt show in that year what makes you think you will show at tryouts?
        There's no tryouts douche. It's Mr. Ego justifying his yearly bonus. CLOWN.

Comment

as a coach myself... I can say 99% of the time if players are about even. The club goes with the player that has parents with the least amount of issues.

Stupid comment ....

Comment

When you say parents with least amount of ssues, you are referring to parents that will not speak up and keep writing checks. Coaches do not like parents that pay attention.

Comment

And how often do you actually see any demotions from paying customers for kid to lower level team by U13 even if they are worst of the worst on the bench freeing up spots for promotions? You rarely do. It only happens on the top teams. Like a government job tenure. It can't/won't be taken away. MUCH easier for that kid to keep the spot than the lower level team kid take it.

Comment

When you say parents with least amount of ssues, you are referring to parents that will not speak up and keep writing checks. Coaches do not like parents that pay attention.
                BINGO. No critical thinkers from the customers. You take what you get and like it or it will be offered to another.

Comment

Not just same players. Lesser players will be promoted if coach likes parents and better players held back if coach doesn't. This is too bad because the kids should neither be rewarded nor punished because of their parents but welcome to the world of competitive travel soccer in Florida and plenty of ********* coaches with egos playing god.

Comment

Find the team that your kid fits best with and you won’t think it’s rigged. Is your son a great ball handler but is so slow it looks like he’s dragging a sled with him. Then don’t tryout for a team built around speed. If your kid is super fast but couldn’t receive a cross if his life depended on it your probably stuck with 3rd tier team.

Comment

BINGO. No critical thinkers from the customers. You take what you get and like it or it will be offered to another.
                      Bingo.Your a prime example of why soccer is so corrupt & political.

Comment

Find the team that your kid fits best with and you won’t think it’s rigged. Is your son a great ball handler but is so slow it looks like he’s dragging a sled with him. Then don’t tryout for a team built around speed. If your kid is super fast but couldn’t receive a cross if his life depended on it your probably stuck with 3rd tier team.
                        Most parents and kids have few options to play closer to home. But, if you know coach is el jerko, then probably good to find a team with a coach less of el jerko, if possible but it might not be. Many are all birds of a feather and know each other at the bars.

Comment

Bingo.Your a prime example of why soccer is so corrupt & political.
                          It's actually mostly about the money. Always is. Club soccer is fleecing families good money and time with hype while claiming to deliver first rate competitive soccer. They rarely do.

Comment

It's actually mostly about the money. Always is. Club soccer is fleecing families good money and time with hype while claiming to deliver first rate competitive soccer. They rarely do.
                            Maybe a couple of Coaches Down Miami capable of first rate soccer & a couple from TBU & that's it in Fl.

Comment

No doubt at most clubs. If your kid is not clear top player for top team and is bubble player or even worse, the coaches view of parents make all the difference in the world good or bad. It shouldn't be that way but politics and money thrives with pay for pay travel soccer in Florida especially with so many scammers running clubs and coaching.
                              I am a coach. I'll be frank, some parents are such a pain in the ass and absolute cancer on the sidelines that I don't want their child no matter how good they are. It is unfortunate for the child, I wish these parents could understand the damage they do to their children.

Comment

I'm not that coach, but as another coach, I'll give you my answer.

Parents that don't try to ambush the coach before and after every practice and game to explain why their child needs special consideration, or inform you that their child has been working so hard, or ask for the umpteenth time why their child isn't starting or isn't playing their favorite position or doesn't get as much playing time.

Parents who don't scream directives to their child (or other kids) from the side lines.
                                Parents who don't constantly yell at the refs.
                                Parents who don't get ejected from games.
                                Parents who don't urge their kid to "go get a goal" every time they touch the ball, no matter what position they are playing.
                                Parents who don't openly critique other players on the team - especially when they do it loud enough for the other parents to hear.
                                Parents who aren't constantly stirring **** by asking why we aren't doing more tournaments, or fewer tournaments, or different tournaments.
                                Parents who consistently bring their kid to practice or games late.

I could go on and on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X