Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tryouts ARE RIGGED.

Let the games begin. Which parents will force their kids on the top teams?

o **** is that not good

Comment

Just because your kid isn't in the top team doesn't make it rigged. And sometimes kids are pretty close in level and it is about style or personality. Tell your kid not to be on the bubble or accept the second team and stop complaining about politics.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Comment

No doubt at most clubs. If your kid is not clear top player for top team and is bubble player or even worse, the coaches view of parents make all the difference in the world good or bad. It shouldn't be that way but politics and money thrives with pay for pay travel soccer in Florida especially with so many scammers running clubs and coaching.

Comment

We are currently on a team with a board member's kid. That kid never leave the field. All the minutes of all the games. Everything is rigged

Comment

Most parents on TS do not understand the concept of a "team". So when their pre-teen or teen son or daughter, which may have the skills to be on the top team, does not make it, they cry that it was rigged for a myriad of reasons (other girls are grandfathered in/other parents donate heavily to the club/Coach doesn't know how to evaluate players/etc)....when maybe they should take into consideration that their son/daughter is on their 3rd team in as many years, their wife/husband was banned from attending games due to the profane onslaught he/she let loose on refs and their own team, and most of the soccer community cannot stand them. There are way too many examples of this and taking that kind of baggage, even with an above average player, does NOT make a team better...it pulls them apart. Good coaches make these types of decisions and good programs try to have few exceptions. When your obviously talented Johnny/Janey gets passed over at a tryout and you want to cry "rigged", do some soul searching.

Comment

Most parents on TS do not understand the concept of a "team". So when their pre-teen or teen son or daughter, which may have the skills to be on the top team, does not make it, they cry that it was rigged for a myriad of reasons (other girls are grandfathered in/other parents donate heavily to the club/Coach doesn't know how to evaluate players/etc)....when maybe they should take into consideration that their son/daughter is on their 3rd team in as many years, their wife/husband was banned from attending games due to the profane onslaught he/she let loose on refs and their own team, and most of the soccer community cannot stand them. There are way too many examples of this and taking that kind of baggage, even with an above average player, does NOT make a team better...it pulls them apart. Good coaches make these types of decisions and good programs try to have few exceptions. When your obviously talented Johnny/Janey gets passed over at a tryout and you want to cry "rigged", do some soul searching.

You should have stop at donate heavily to the club. Paying so your child could be on the top team is rigged. You are taking away a spot or several spots from a deserving children, who has done the hard work and is not living off of mommy and daddy bank account

Comment

Ok nutjobs on both sides here.... lets clear this up!

The system isn't rigged against YOUR kid.

The system is just rigged for SOMEONE ELSE'S kid.

Donor/board member/coaches kid etc etc.... they will get that spot or two on the team they dont deserve (and likely the lions share of playing time).

There are still what.... 15, 16 other spots that your kid didnt get... so yea that one or two is definitely political, but the other 15 times they passed little Landon over was because he wasnt good enough.

Comment

No doubt at most clubs. If your kid is not clear top player for top team and is bubble player or even worse, the coaches view of parents make all the difference in the world good or bad. It shouldn't be that way but politics and money thrives with pay for pay travel soccer in Florida especially with so many scammers running clubs and coaching.
                  What is your opinion of a bubble player ? A team player or a ball hog selfish player who loses the ball constantly.

Comment

Signed,

Loser coach searching for souls and kickbacks

Comment

What is your opinion of a bubble player ? A team player or a ball hog selfish player who loses the ball constantly.
                      A bubble player is one that could equally fit on higher or lower level team. The cream from this group rises because of parents good or bad nothing to do with kids ability or potential. Maybe the coach was a jerk and parent asked questions. Kid will be labeled and held back forever at that club.

Comment

Donor/board member/coaches kid etc etc.... they will get that spot or two on the team they dont deserve (and likely the lions share of playing time).

There are still what.... 15, 16 other spots that your kid didnt get... so yea that one or two is definitely political, but the other 15 times they passed little Landon over was because he wasnt good enough.
                        Not quite true. Take a team with roster of 16. Half of those spots are legit, solid top players on team. The other half could be bubble players and just as easily stuck on second team rather than promoted to top team. Do they deserve it? Maybe some but many others got and keep their spots because their parents are viewed with some sort of "favored status" by the club for any random number of reasons. This is where some higher potential kids get held back. Because of jerk coach or jerk parent or both.

Comment

Ok donor. The thread is about the tryouts being rigged. Any type of rigged is rigged. There is not a polite rigged, justify rigged, or any other rigged you can think of. When the tryout are not base on skills and performance, the system is rigged. To be fair I kept this kid on my team because I was banging his mom. I think I am party to blame for the rigged system .

Comment

Ok donor. The thread is about the tryouts being rigged. Any type of rigged is rigged. There is not a polite rigged, justify rigged, or any other rigged you can think of. When the tryout are not base on skills and performance, the system is rigged. To be fair I kept this kid on my team because I was banging his mom. I think I am party to blame for the rigged system .
                            So now yoi are pretending to be coach? Newsflash. Your kid still sucks and your point is still stupid...

Comment

Sorry, I mis-calculated... I did forget to keep the kid with the mom that puts out into the equation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X