UPDX to Elite Academy League

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea if this newest elite league is truly elite or a straight up scam. But in answer to the comments about why leave OYSA, visit the thread about college outcomes. Consistently, players who stay in OYSA are less successful in more challenging college programs. There are exceptions - Skiba at OSU is a great example. But generally speaking if your kid is talented enough to compete for playing time at a P5 program (this does not apply to 99.5% of the kids in Oregon), he or she needs to develop speed and skills playing against the strongest competition out there. That is not in OYSA. Beating up easy teams in OYSA doesn’t lead to success in college. Look at Capital’s 01’s if you don’t believe me.

It might be less fun to be on a weaker ECNL or GAL or elite or whatever the teams are called these days, and struggle to win games. But for those few kids who want to compete at the highest levels in college, that experience in club is critical.

Comment

We are talking about boys. Nobody cares about girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Ladies and gentlemen,

He has escaped and is roaming threads. Meet Title IX Ted.

He is miserable and resentful about girls finding success and has tantrums all over the site about it.

I read that he has these massive screaming and crying tantrums and has nobody to change him, so he stews in full a full nappy. Red faced and angry.

He's a real treat.
        Sounds like a real fun guy to hang out with.

Comment

I have no idea if this newest elite league is truly elite or a straight up scam. But in answer to the comments about why leave OYSA, visit the thread about college outcomes. Consistently, players who stay in OYSA are less successful in more challenging college programs. There are exceptions - Skiba at OSU is a great example. But generally speaking if your kid is talented enough to compete for playing time at a P5 program (this does not apply to 99.5% of the kids in Oregon), he or she needs to develop speed and skills playing against the strongest competition out there. That is not in OYSA. Beating up easy teams in OYSA doesn’t lead to success in college. Look at Capital’s 01’s if you don’t believe me.

It might be less fun to be on a weaker ECNL or GAL or elite or whatever the teams are called these days, and struggle to win games. But for those few kids who want to compete at the highest levels in college, that experience in club is critical.

You are clueless

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen,

He has escaped and is roaming threads. Meet Title IX Ted.

He is miserable and resentful about girls finding success and has tantrums all over the site about it.

I read that he has these massive screaming and crying tantrums and has nobody to change him, so he stews in full a full nappy. Red faced and angry.

He's a real treat.
            He treats the travel squad to does of reality.

He is their candyman.

So sweet & sour.

Comment

Anyone who thinks they need a league to be successful in college or get to college is lying to you and there is a reason they are so desperate for players. Facts in the past 10 years will tell you that you are more likely to get scammed chasing a league. You can’t count how many players get sold on ecnl then end up not getting any good offers to play anywhere simply because they spent 4 years getting destroyed or fooled when playing second tier competition. Too many kids not playing in college or sitting the bench in college because they learned it on their ecnl team.

Comment

Ok, ok, I cannot let this pass.

Our best boy athletics are not playing soccer.
                No one cares about boys soccer.
                So stop try to make us care.

Comment

Ok, ok, I cannot let this pass.

Our best boy athletics are not playing soccer.
                  No one cares about boys soccer.
                  So stop try to make us care.
                  Another thing is that is only have girl.
                  No boy in my house.
                  I don’t care about boy soccer because.
                  So stop try make us care on boy athletic stuff. Ok?

Comment

Another thing is that is only have girl.
                    No boy in my house.
                    I don’t care about boy soccer because.
                    So stop try make us care on boy athletic stuff. Ok?
                    Title IX handouts, pretty please. Thanks

I could care less about the athletic stuff.

Comment

Title IX handouts, pretty please. Thanks

I could care less about the athletic stuff.
                      Title IX Ted is loose. Ignore his tantrums. He's bitter and resentful and spiting bile. Don't make eye contact. Just let him be.

Comment

Title IX Ted is loose. Ignore his tantrums. He's bitter and resentful and spiting bile. Don't make eye contact. Just let him be.
                        Yes, look they other way when you get something for nothing, (100) I agree. Well said.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X