X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FL Premer Largo

Will this work …. why or why not?
    Please only post if you have something insightful to add and save me from your idiotism if you are ignorant. This is an important question for a few families in the area that are on the fence about it.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please only post if you have something insightful to add and save me from your idiotism if you are ignorant. This is an important question for a few families in the area that are on the fence about it.
    Define "work." It "worked" when Largo had it and it "worked" when TBU had it - but only if "working" means there are teams, practices, games and tournaments there in fairly low to mid-level leagues. If you wanted higher level league access you will still have to drive a ways.

I can only assume that will continue - no matter which club takes over.

Comment

If you can get a couple of hot mommies signed up the rest will fall into place as long as the Coaches can speak English.

Comment

If you can get a couple of hot mommies signed up the rest will fall into place as long as the Coaches can speak English.
        The Mom's are a possibility but there is no way that Florida Premier delivers Coaches that can speak English.

Comment

It won't work because AS isn't keeping the fields.

Comment

Define "work." It "worked" when Largo had it and it "worked" when TBU had it - but only if "working" means there are teams, practices, games and tournaments there in fairly low to mid-level leagues. If you wanted higher level league access you will still have to drive a ways.

I can only assume that will continue - no matter which club takes over.
            Thank you for the insight … FL Premier plays in FCL and CDL locally. I assume they would continue that. Do you think they can put together decent FCL1 teams on that campus? I am not interested in higher leagues like ECNL … I do not have the money or the time for that kind of travel.

Comment

It won't work because AS isn't keeping the fields.
              How do you know that?

Comment

As someone who was part of FP expansion in the past I would say that I think it will work but Largo is further away from the mother ship so I leave it at a maybe. I can say it was a 2 year process that we went through when changing over but we did notice the culture change for the better. No, all our kids did not instantly get to play on the top teams but we 100 percent were a part of the club, not a satellite. Kids guest played back and forth and coaches were at all concludes. I wonder if largo will be a smooth because of the distance or if it will he more like a satellite but I'm hoping they figure that out and it works because we've loved the change and I would want that positive experience for the largo families too.

Comment

The Mom's are a possibility but there is no way that Florida Premier delivers Coaches that can speak English.
                  I'm not convinced about hot Mom's in largo either.

Comment

How do you know that?
                    B/C the city only cares about a rec program and AS only cares about his cash cow tournaments and the City is on to it now.

Comment

B/C the city only cares about a rec program and AS only cares about his cash cow tournaments and the City is on to it now.
                      He has rec teams in every age group and his rec fills up quickly months ahead … what are you talking about???
                      Now comp is another story … he can't put together or run a comp team to save his life. Neither can his son RS. That is why FL Premier will take over.

Comment

As someone who was part of FP expansion in the past I would say that I think it will work but Largo is further away from the mother ship so I leave it at a maybe. I can say it was a 2 year process that we went through when changing over but we did notice the culture change for the better. No, all our kids did not instantly get to play on the top teams but we 100 percent were a part of the club, not a satellite. Kids guest played back and forth and coaches were at all concludes. I wonder if largo will be a smooth because of the distance or if it will he more like a satellite but I'm hoping they figure that out and it works because we've loved the change and I would want that positive experience for the largo families too.
                        Extra money was offered to Al to merge. Fees go up for Largo to pay for Florida Premier. There is nothing more to this.

Comment

Question is will Milen be able to attract better players from other surrounding clubs. Yes fees go up but FL Premier is now a name in the area and people want it. I think most families are waiting to see whether they can attract some players from Strictly, Celtic PCU or even CC. What do you think?

Comment

I think PCU, St Pete Raiders and strictly will lose players to Largo. I expect CC and Celtic won't

Question is will Milen be able to attract better players from other surrounding clubs. Yes fees go up but FL Premier is now a name in the area and people want it. I think most families are waiting to see whether they can attract some players from Strictly, Celtic PCU or even CC. What do you think?

Comment

Yes, Florida Premier is a name, Charlette is the name of a pig, and Jimmy was a name of a snake oil salesman. Its just a name. Don't think Florida Premier has a state cup, florida cup, presidents cup win, or any other win to speak about.

The sooner you figure out this is about money and nothing more the better off you will be.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X