Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Another) New League for Bayside Parents

So fellow Bayside parents...they seem to throwing us in another new league next year. Lots of talk about it on the Massachusetts Boards (New England NPL Impact League). I don't know about the rest of you but all of this league jumping doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in the club's future.

When are Scorpions tryouts or ID clinics?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So fellow Bayside parents...they seem to throwing us in another new league next year. Lots of talk about it on the Massachusetts Boards (New England NPL Impact League). I don't know about the rest of you but all of this league jumping doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in the club's future.

Baysidefc doesn't care about girls. The girls teams are there to pay for all the boys scholarship players.

If there is no NEFC , FC Stars or Scorpions teams then you are playing 3rd or 4th division girls soccer.

Comment

That league starts up this spring, so you’d better get your kid to a scorpions practice in the next couple of weeks if you want to bail.

Comment

How Bayside have dropped down to follow LL and be part of that group of clubs could be one of the worst decisions they make. RI landscape on girls side going to take a huge twist now!!

Comment

That league starts up this spring, so you’d better get your kid to a scorpions practice in the next couple of weeks if you want to bail.
          Rumor is LR is coaching 2010 girls at Scorpions. No thanks. I’ll stay at Bayside. The OP is not a Bayside parent. Fake news.

Comment

How Bayside have dropped down to follow LL and be part of that group of clubs could be one of the worst decisions they make. RI landscape on girls side going to take a huge twist now!!
            Instead of agenda ridden, non supportive posts such as this, how about supporting your premise with a well thought out argument?

Comment

Instead of agenda ridden, non supportive posts such as this, how about supporting your premise with a well thought out argument?
              Keep watching 👀

Comment

Whether you love or hate Bays or Surf, why would anyone come on here encouraging RI players to leave our state and head to MA. We have lost enough talent to MA clubs. Scorpions is not the answer for RI.

Comment

Because MA comes on to the RI board thinking they are recruiting parents. Scorpions loves TS they come here to try to convince you all to go to MA. Plenty of talented coaches and players in Providence no need to leave the state.

Comment

Whether you love or hate Bays or Surf, why would anyone come on here encouraging RI players to leave our state and head to MA. We have lost enough talent to MA clubs. Scorpions is not the answer for RI.

Because RI is basically the size of 1 of the regions in Mass, and there are too many wanna be clubs in this small state. If ALL the RI kids stayed here in state, then yes, they would have a good shot of being top New England teams. But unfortunately, RI has a lot of dad coaches in the club world, which brings a lot of politics/personal favors to the front of what is going on in RI. So the more serious kids, or kids that don't want to be involved in all that drama at the RI club level, go to Mass where there is a lot more options of coaches/clubs that have no vested interest personally with the player/parents, they just want the best of the best players. Oh, and of course they want the players for a B team to make themselves $. It is a job to them after all.

Comment

If a player leaves RI to go to a MA b team that’s foolish. The coaching at Bayside is superior to the B team coaching. It’s easy to avoid politics. Avoid teams w dad coaches. Not all the club teams have dad coaches, actually just a few. LR is a dad coach. That’s a team to avoid... but he’s going to scorpions anyway.

Comment

If a player leaves RI to go to a MA b team that’s foolish. The coaching at Bayside is superior to the B team coaching. It’s easy to avoid politics. Avoid teams w dad coaches. Not all the club teams have dad coaches, actually just a few. LR is a dad coach. That’s a team to avoid... but he’s going to scorpions anyway.

I was not stating to leave RI for a Mass B team. I was stating the clubs there do have lower level teams, "B teams", where if you don't make the A, you can still get very similar training and transparency from the coaches/club, as opposed to dad coaches in RI clubs. From experience, Bayside is the most political club in RI, but your correct, they do have a lot less dads there coaching. But pretty much all of their dads, especially at u little ages, they all think their coaches, so it makes it even worse. I rather the devil i know, then the one i don't. Thanks.

Comment

Not all the club teams have dad coaches, actually just a few. LR is a dad coach. That’s a team to avoid... but he’s going to scorpions anyway.
                          Is there mutual interest?

Comment

You PIGS from the scorpion got 0 pull

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              whether you love or hate bays or surf, why would anyone come on here encouraging ri players to leave our state and head to ma. We have lost enough talent to ma clubs. Scorpions is not the answer for ri.
                              united we stand keep ri players local - im sick of mass clubs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X