Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    none of the top clubs have rosters less than 18.
    But very few clubs have 22-24 players on a team like select does.

Comment

Is AS checked out playing wise because she looked very average that last game of the showcase?

Comment

Anyone see the Select tryout adds on their Facebook feed

Comment

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. No one plays for free at Select. This is the problem with this site. People talk out of their you know what and others believe it.
          You’re absolutely clueless if you think no one is playing for free. Doesn’t even have to be too players, you don’t think there’s even one family that has had an extreme circumstance and select is helping them out?

Comment

I haven’t been to the Sports Center since my kids were little. Is it still open or have they torn it down? Because it needed to be torn down a decade ago.

Comment

You’re absolutely clueless if you think no one is playing for free. Doesn’t even have to be too players, you don’t think there’s even one family that has had an extreme circumstance and select is helping them out?
              Settle down there. My comment was in response to someone saying the top players there play for free. That is just not true and that is what I was referring to.

Comment

Is AS checked out playing wise because she looked very average that last game of the showcase?
                No, she is not, lol. Full ride to UNC and she was just called up again to the National team. I think she is doing just fine, lol. Maybe your prospective is warped because your jealous????

Comment

I haven’t been to the Sports Center since my kids were little. Is it still open or have they torn it down? Because it needed to be torn down a decade ago.
                  Why would it need to be torn down? Because its old? I actually think they do a good job with it considering how old it is.

Comment

Anyone see the Select tryout adds on their Facebook feed
                    Ok, I will bite. What type of irrational objections to you have to their Facebook ads? Go ahead, enlighten us.....

Comment

Why would it need to be torn down? Because its old? I actually think they do a good job with it considering how old it is.
                      Replaced the turfs last year. Only problem is that the bar has been closed due to covid.

Comment

Replaced the turfs last year. Only problem is that the bar has been closed due to covid.
                        only replaced turf on 1 of the fields-cheap turf at that. Already looks worn. Hopefully they will fix the leaking roof next. Looks like the roof will cave in at any point and the leaks on the fields when it rains makes it very dangerous for the kids. Place needs a total gut renovation. It's 35 years old with zero care over the years. But hey, it's a indoor facility and select can charge $5000 a year next year.

Comment

only replaced turf on 1 of the fields-cheap turf at that. Already looks worn. Hopefully they will fix the leaking roof next. Looks like the roof will cave in at any point and the leaks on the fields when it rains makes it very dangerous for the kids. Place needs a total gut renovation. It's 35 years old with zero care over the years. But hey, it's a indoor facility and select can charge $5000 a year next year.
                          That is a lie. They have redone the bar, the concession stand, the bathrooms, the front office and the spectators areas. I don't disagree that it could use a complete renovation but to say it had zero care is not accurate. It is an old building, there is only so much that can be done without tearing it down and starting from scratch. You have no idea what kind of turf they installed. Unless, of course, you are an expert on the subject. Are you? Maybe you are. I agree they need to get work done on the roof but stop short of saying it looks like it is going to cave in. I am sure there are building codes that need to be met.

Comment

That is a lie. They have redone the bar, the concession stand, the bathrooms, the front office and the spectators areas. I don't disagree that it could use a complete renovation but to say it had zero care is not accurate. It is an old building, there is only so much that can be done without tearing it down and starting from scratch. You have no idea what kind of turf they installed. Unless, of course, you are an expert on the subject. Are you? Maybe you are. I agree they need to get work done on the roof but stop short of saying it looks like it is going to cave in. I am sure there are building codes that need to be met.
                            They are one of the only clubs that can practice year round and don't have to cancel due to weather. They can charge more they offer more and cancel less. They are equal to NEFC and will be bigger than them as soon as they merge with Scorpions and get the ECNL.

Comment

They are one of the only clubs that can practice year round and don't have to cancel due to weather. They can charge more they offer more and cancel less. They are equal to NEFC and will be bigger than them as soon as they merge with Scorpions and get the ECNL.
                              What is an ECNL league spot worth, because it is all scorpions is,

It only buys you 22 roster spots times 7 teams... even at Selects rates that is about $770,000 a year in straight Tution,

I would think NR and EB would want at least 2 million, and have the option to stay as coaches.

Comment

You are so I’ll informed. Scorpions has 50+ teams at this point, boys & girls, and is growing year over year. Oh, and the owners hate Select, so there is zero chance those two clubs could ever work together.

The merger that should happen is Scorpions & Bayside. Would be 100 boys & girls teams RI to Boston.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X