GA Showcase Florida

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be no D1 coaches attending any events until June 1. They can, and do, watch videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Wrong! Coaches cannot watch games in-person during the dead period:

From the NCAA website (not NCSA, which does not make rules):

"During a dead period, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period."

https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/recruiting
      You are 100% correct D1 coaches cannot watch games in person at all until June 1. This fake narrative coming from GA parents reeks of desperation. Just be happy you’re spending quality time with your kid in a nice location and forget about this bs recruiting stuff.

Comment

You are 100% correct D1 coaches cannot watch games in person at all until June 1. This fake narrative coming from GA parents reeks of desperation. Just be happy you’re spending quality time with your kid in a nice location and forget about this bs recruiting stuff.
        Correct no one there just D3. But that’s ok lots of sunshine.

Comment

Correct no one there just D3. But that’s ok lots of sunshine.
          Besides the lack of coaches how was the competition down there and how did the NJ teams represent the great garden state?

Comment

Besides the lack of coaches how was the competition down there and how did the NJ teams represent the great garden state?
            No bueno, but that’s because apparently quite a few top clubs decided to stay home due to Covid and the extended blackout period. I’m sure the event will be much better next year.

Comment

No bueno, but that’s because apparently quite a few top clubs decided to stay home due to Covid and the extended blackout period. I’m sure the event will be much better next year.
              Will there be a next year?

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck to your daughter as the dead period ends.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck to your daughter as the dead period ends.
                  Thanks finally some nice words on here. Fingers crossed the league can turn things around quickly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X