Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW RI never had so much excitement!!

What are we arguing about so I know who to defend?

Surf sucks?
    Bayside sucks (more than surf)?
    RI teams suck?
    Kids that stay in RI suck?
    Kool-Aid sucks?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2973421]
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Stop assuming top talent stays at Bayside because parents like child being "best player" on the team or the "special privileges". Perhaps these parents leave it up to their kids to decide? Or the commute to MA clubs is too long? Or maybe commute is not too long but they don't love the coaching / training on the closest MA club.

I agree with you, there could be a million reasons they stay there. And all that is fine. What I am pointing out is, Bayside is simply not a premier club, and because of their model, they never will be. But the parents/coaches refuse to believe this, and seem to target anyone that goes above their model. Kids will go to Mass, because soccer there is better. Fact.

As top level training? Bayside is no different than Scorpions training wise. This is an opinion, but I do agree, Scorpions seems to be a dying breed, but still certainly a few steps ahead of Bayside

Top level competition? Right now that is just Stars teams and Scorpions. This is also an opinion. So SSS, NEFC, Seacoast, Juventus, Bolts etc, they are not top level talent in your eyes?
      On the girls side.....Juventus / bolts below bayside and surf. Nefc has deeper talent pool yes. Seacoast not that much different than bayside / surf.

That said, by competition I was referring to league competition. ECNL vs GA.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2973429]

On the girls side.....Juventus / bolts below bayside and surf. Nefc has deeper talent pool yes. Seacoast not that much different than bayside / surf.

That said, by competition I was referring to league competition. ECNL vs GA.

This was an entertaining chat with you, but now you have lost my interest when you put Bayside girls above Juventus and Bolts and then compare them to Seacoast. Really? Maybe Seacoast and NE Surf are comparable, but Seacoast is light years ahead of RI Surf and Bayside, that's for sure.

Comment

I do agree with your nefc statement. I believe they will be the only club in NE to get girls ecnl bid if it becomes available at some point, and or, they just might bye out/merge with the Scorpions. That would be great for girls soccer. Get rid of a club that does not deserve ecnl, but merge their top players with nefc top players. Both clubs become 1, they immediately would pass the Stars in overall ranking.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2973458][QUOTE=Unregistered;2973429]

This was an entertaining chat with you, but now you have lost my interest when you put Bayside girls above Juventus and Bolts and then compare them to Seacoast. Really? Maybe Seacoast and NE Surf are comparable, but Seacoast is light years ahead of RI Surf and Bayside, that's for sure.[/QUOTE

Can’t speak to older groups but 2006 - 2009 this is accurate.

Comment

Scorpions and NEFC merge bad idea.

NEFC has a better reputation and better teams they shouldn’t merge just to be ECNL.
              Don’t get in bed with NR, NEFC you are better than that.

Comment

Scorpions and NEFC merge bad idea.

NEFC has a better reputation and better teams they shouldn’t merge just to be ECNL.
                Don’t get in bed with NR, NEFC you are better than that.

I agree, an nefc buyout of the scorpions would be the best option for nefc. But if there was no other choice, a merge would be best for nefc. Saying it would not be a good idea, is like saying it is not a good idea for lusitana, strikers, csp etc to not join bayside to get to a higher level of soccer. Most that don't play for bayside, can't stand bayside. There are a ton of good people at those 3 satellite locations, where those 3 do not have the same crappy reputation as bayside. Sometimes you must sacrifice a little, to gain a lot. ECNL is a big deal to quite a few, so it would be worth it in my opinion. NEFC is larger, if they call the shots on the merger, NR has no say. $ solves a lot of problems.

Comment

You want to be the best, you train with the best, you play against the best. It is really that simple. My D regularly plays with and against other D1 commits.

Seriously, by U16/17, a coach has less impact overall than the player herself. Drive, talent, and an environment that pushes players physically, technically and tactically. You don’t get to nor maintain a high level of ability by being surrounded by lessor players or playing inferior competition. How many D1 commits between Stars and Scorpions right now in 03 and 04 age groups? How many at NEFC GA? How many at Bayside, and the rest of the Impact NPL clubs other than SSS which fell under a lucky star with their YNT players?

Not sure why this is even debatable. Most of the ECNL and GA clubs agregate talent to form their U14+ teams. Whether it is from multiple regions or different clubs, the top teams at U16 don’t look the same as they did at U13. Bayside loses talent during that exodus to the too teams. It’s how things are sfructured. Accept that and move on. Still plenty of players and families who will play at that level without aspirations of college soccer.

Comment

You want to be the best, you train with the best, you play against the best. It is really that simple. My D regularly plays with and against other D1 commits.

Seriously, by U16/17, a coach has less impact overall than the player herself. Drive, talent, and an environment that pushes players physically, technically and tactically. You don’t get to nor maintain a high level of ability by being surrounded by lessor players or playing inferior competition. How many D1 commits between Stars and Scorpions right now in 03 and 04 age groups? How many at NEFC GA? How many at Bayside, and the rest of the Impact NPL clubs other than SSS which fell under a lucky star with their YNT players?

Not sure why this is even debatable. Most of the ECNL and GA clubs agregate talent to form their U14+ teams. Whether it is from multiple regions or different clubs, the top teams at U16 don’t look the same as they did at U13. Bayside loses talent during that exodus to the too teams. It’s how things are sfructured. Accept that and move on. Still plenty of players and families who will play at that level without aspirations of college soccer.
                    Not sure anyone is debating this. Best of the best should take hard look at stars / scorpions as they get into high school years. To a lesser extent Nefc / sss but the jury is still out on GA sustainability.

Comment

WOW RI never had so much excitement!!

What are we arguing about so I know who to defend?

Surf sucks?
                      Bayside sucks (more than surf)?
                      RI teams suck?
                      Kids that stay in RI suck?
                      Kool-Aid sucks?
                      Puma sucks

Comment

NEFC is totally over rated. 5 years ago maybe you have an argument, but look at NEFC's GA teams this year. Once NEFC left ECNL to go to DA- UT OH!!!!!! Nothing to go crazy about for this year's NEFC top teams:

U-13 team is the 4th or 5th best team in Mass. and going backwards fast
                        U-14 team - please see U-13 comment. Same
                        U-15 team runs hot and cold but definitely not a top 3 team in Mass.
                        U-16 team is losing girls left and right and is not a top 5 team in Mass. and will be out of top
                        8 by this time next year
                        U-17 team is good

Where does NEFC dad get off saying that NEFC is such a great club these days?? They are, if best, a little above average. NEFC dad stop living in 2016!!!!!! NEFC is fast becoming a JAG!!
                        what is going to happen when GA folds in the next year?? Oh I get it, back to NPL for NEFC.

Comment

Is your scouting report based on game results against the other MA teams, or is it based on the eyeball test?

Comment

Is your scouting report based on game results against the other MA teams, or is it based on the eyeball test?
                            it's 100% based on GA results. Most of NEFC GA teams are right in the middle of the pack and I wouldn't exactly call playing Oakwood, Seacoast, NYSC, Cedar Hills, Select, LISC a good league. At best that league is made up of average teams.

Comment

There are already a bunch of threads in the MA forum trying to compare the GA and ECNL teams in MA.

So back to the topic—where in any of those discussions does Bayside even get mentioned?

Comment

There are already a bunch of threads in the MA forum trying to compare the GA and ECNL teams in MA.

So back to the topic—where in any of those discussions does Bayside even get mentioned?
                                Is the Bayside and Scorpions merger true? Anyone else hearing this?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X