Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    if true they might want to let people in on the plan. getting an offer for Blue from a new unknown coach after the ID clinic is a step in the right direction but i'd still go White if that's all i know.
    Even if White gets a new coach, too?

Comment

will scorpions be holding an ID clinic for this age group soon?

Comment

if true they might want to let people in on the plan. getting an offer for Blue from a new unknown coach after the ID clinic is a step in the right direction but i'd still go White if that's all i know.
        Good luck with that

Comment

Has it been announced one way or another?
          You would be nuts to accept a roster spot without knowing who the coach is. You would be even more nuts to accept a roster spot on a team JB coaches.

This 2007 group at Stars is a train wreck. Good luck picking up the pieces.

Comment

You would be nuts to accept a roster spot without knowing who the coach is. You would be even more nuts to accept a roster spot on a team JB coaches.

This 2007 group at Stars is a train wreck. Good luck picking up the pieces.
            Ah yes. This old chestnut. Angry wiser stars dad. Is that you ?

Comment

An authoritative statement about projecting which '07 teams are primed to get more D1 scholarships and how to get more involved as parents to help make that happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z3JvM-c4ZM

Comment

An authoritative statement about projecting which '07 teams are primed to get more D1 scholarships and how to get more involved as parents to help make that happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z3JvM-c4ZM
                Ouch.....quite the indictment of the ECNL.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                  an authoritative statement about projecting which '07 teams are primed to get more d1 scholarships and how to get more involved as parents to help make that happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z3jvm-c4zm
                  fake news!

Comment

Oh my........................ time to jump ship I guess to GAL/DPL or IMPACT NPL!

hahahahhahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahha hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahhahaahhahhahhahahahahahahahahhhah a

Does anyone know when tryouts at clubs for GAL/DPL or IMPACT NPL are??????

hahahahahahahhahaahahhahhhhahahahahhahhahahahahahh ahahahahhaahhahahahhahaha

Comment

Haven’t listened to the whole thing yet but so far it’s hard to disagree. However, I take this to be a statement about club soccer not just ECNL. He’s speaking about ECNL teams but I see the same issues everywhere, unfortunately.

Comment

I mean my kid played at a GDA club and all of their philosophy went out the window come game time. We talked about playing it out the back all the time abut the moment we showed up at a tournament and it appeared we could win, suddenly our goalie is punting on every play and the coach is yelling "PLAY IT BEHIND" the entire game. This is a real problem when you get to ages where the W's "matter."

Comment

He’s not lying. A lot of truth to what he’s saying.

Comment

Was that supposed to convince parents to consider GAL/EDP/NPL/etc? Every soccer league suffers from this, but there is a difference: ECNL attracts the best female players who are all athletic, so speed of play is significantly faster and time and space end up compressed. I agree pressure to win is also high and some coaches allow that to dictate a change in style, but that also happens in every league.

Last, not all teams play direct. My kid's ECNL team builds out the back and works through the thirds. As a defensive/center mid, in her last match I have 26 different highlights with her on the ball from the game film and I didn't capture all of them, just those that were worth highlighting, trying to show different elements of her play. Think about the style of play a team has to have for their 6/8 to get on the ball both in possession and out of possession 30-40 times in 11v11... this is on an older team than 2007's, but it doesn't change the principal.

Comment

Was that supposed to convince parents to consider GAL/EDP/NPL/etc? Every soccer league suffers from this, but there is a difference: ECNL attracts the best female players who are all athletic, so speed of play is significantly faster and time and space end up compressed. I agree pressure to win is also high and some coaches allow that to dictate a change in style, but that also happens in every league.

Last, not all teams play direct. My kid's ECNL team builds out the back and works through the thirds. As a defensive/center mid, in her last match I have 26 different highlights with her on the ball from the game film and I didn't capture all of them, just those that were worth highlighting, trying to show different elements of her play. Think about the style of play a team has to have for their 6/8 to get on the ball both in possession and out of possession 30-40 times in 11v11... this is on an older team than 2007's, but it doesn't change the principal.
                              Cool. I wish my D was on your team. Our ECNL team has no discernable style of play and kicks the ball down the field most of the time - often in relatively random directions. The only reason they are in any games is what you identify - they are pretty athletic, individually skilled and can hold their own playing mediocre to bad soccer.

Comment

Haters are going to hate!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X