Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bosnia to Germany to the USA. War refugees that work their arses off, speak multiple languages and have a passion for soccer. The club was basically nothing before them TBH. Now where does it rank in size? It's got to be bigger than CC and WFF now, right? Maybe even than TBU if you don't count the Sporting Tampa and OSSA teams at least?

How about this. If you love TBU, stay at TBU and keep working to make it the best club in the USA. If you love FP, do the same. A friendly rivalry is great. Keep it friendly. Our kids do. They all hang out at school and trash talk each other but enjoy it.
    You are absolutely correct. Immigrants are willing to work their arses off to succeed. Especially the Hispanic community. Some of the parents are working two or three jobs, just to pay for soccer. They don't ask for nothing. God love them. All they want is the best opportunity for their kid. Tbu does not have that kind of passionate environment. Tbu offer an emotionless place to learn soccer fundamental. The kid their are like robot, unable to think or react without instructions.

Comment

You are absolutely correct. Immigrants are willing to work their arses off to succeed. Especially the Hispanic community. Some of the parents are working two or three jobs, just to pay for soccer. They don't ask for nothing. God love them. All they want is the best opportunity for their kid. Tbu does not have that kind of passionate environment. Tbu offer an emotionless place to learn soccer fundamental. The kid their are like robot, unable to think or react without instructions.
      As novi once said “ The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your your coach.”

Comment

As novi once said “ The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your your coach.”

thus saith the Sporting director of Tampa Bay United , Novi let my players go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.

Comment

You can keep the "excitement". It has a ghetto feel to it. We'll stick with the yacht club feel, it's what we're used to.
          The "excitement" is fine. It is a little working class, but soccer is a working class game in most of the world. FP excitement isn't much worse than Braden River cowbells.

The problem is the predilection of FP parents and coaches to start sideline fights, shriek profanities, yell at refs and opposing coaches, and a club leadership that doesn't seem to want to do anything to clean it up.

Comment

The "excitement" is fine. It is a little working class, but soccer is a working class game in most of the world. FP excitement isn't much worse than Braden River cowbells.

The problem is the predilection of FP parents and coaches to start sideline fights, shriek profanities, yell at refs and opposing coaches, and a club leadership that doesn't seem to want to do anything to clean it up.
            This is all a part of the games. During futbol matches across the pond worst things are said and done.

Comment

Hahaha. Last season we referred to TBU as the angry parent team because they couldn’t control themselves while watching elementary school kids play soccer 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

It’s not a cult. There is no brainwashing. You should just listen to Novi speak and then you would understand his gifts.
                This is not a Daddy or Mommy Parent,this is a very unhappy employee from within. Not surprized tho.Backstabbers everywhere.

Comment

This is not a Daddy or Mommy Parent,this is a very unhappy employee from within. Not surprized tho.Backstabbers everywhere.
                  Judas Iscariot AKA. MG

Comment

Also known as the starter of sideline fights.

Judas Iscariot AKA. MG

Comment

If someone, anyone, is working two or three jobs just to pay for soccer - 1) their priorities are completely screwed up and 2) the club that takes their money is just plain criminal.

Comment

Immigrants are welcome to FP ONLY if they are from Eastern Europe or Hispanics with Money or close friends of the big boss, the same for coaches, just check the ratio between coaches from Eastern Europe vs Latinamerica , the few hispanic coaches aresecond or third teams or they are really close friends with Novi.

Comment

Immigrants are welcome to FP ONLY if they are from Eastern Europe or Hispanics with Money or close friends of the big boss, the same for coaches, just check the ratio between coaches from Eastern Europe vs Latinamerica , the few hispanic coaches aresecond or third teams or they are really close friends with Novi.
                          What exactly as Eastern Europe won on the World stage ? I can't think of one thing but I could be wrong.

Comment

Croatia had a nice world cup run. I think runner up to that France juggernaut is a pretty strong accomplishment.

Greece won the Euros a few years back, didn't they?

It's not on par with western europe and Brazil, but far better than North America

What exactly as Eastern Europe won on the World stage ? I can't think of one thing but I could be wrong.

Comment

I think you need to look at individual players rather than national teams here because there is still a huge income / wealth difference between the East and the West in Europe. For example there are 4-5 Albanian born and developed player who play on the Swiss National team. It is a normal practice in Europe to "import" and naturalize players so they can play for their new country's national team. It is understandable that players will go to where they get better pay and benefits and Western Europe has way more resources to invest in soccer.
                              Given that the USA is the wealthiest country on Earth at this point with a huge population it is hard to understand why we cannot develop better players and why we do not dominate international tournaments.

Being a parent whose kid has been coached by both I can testify that most Eastern European coaches have higher standards and understand the importance of development over playing a ton of games and winning them all. In the long run Eastern European coaches will develop better players than North American coaches who usually chase results in the short term to impress parents and leadership.

Comment

All hail Novi!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X