Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All premier clubs ruined by greed

Here is what i think after 2 years of Connect premier soccer: total garbage!! and the major problem isn't the coaches but the way the clubs is run from the top. When the aim is to maximize the profit the quality goes way down. Its simple really, 99.99 percent of the players that try out, make it to the CT premier teams apart from OW that has somewhat standards. Once you let in anyone in the club that way,you're doomed! Also players after awhile should be given the opportunity to play up and in case that the player does not perform well at that level should be respectfully demoted to ct teams. In my experience the parents of the players that have been playing 2-3 years on the club start to become a factor and have a say on how the club should be run. At The moment the owners have given in to that pressure the club is heading downhill.

what do you guys think?

Comment

I think players should be moving up and down all year based on their performance. Players want opportunity they dont want to feel like they are stuck where they are at

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I think players should be moving up and down all year based on their performance. Players want opportunity they dont want to feel like they are stuck where they are at
        Totally agree with that but I don’t see FSA players ever move down, only up. I doubt FSA wants to move players down, it will piss off the parents and then FSA might have to provide a refund if the player moves down to a cheaper team. These clubs only care about making money so they would rather keep the money and have a lousy team.

Comment

Moving players up and down should happen but never will. American parents won't stand for it. Even when parents know their kid should be moved to a B team they resist, afraid Emily's feelings will be hurt. So they rationalize sitting on the A team is better "because the competition and training is better" 🤔

Comment

Players need to be in an environment where they can succeed. Being on the A team and and not being successful in training and games is not a good thing.

Comment

Players need to be in an environment where they can succeed. Being on the A team and and not being successful in training and games is not a good thing.
              Lol few parents get that. They take prestige, supposedly better exposure and training over playing time. Some will blame the coaching (he has it out for my kid!). Some would move their kid to another club than take B team demotion. Hats off to the few parents that actually see where their kid fits and take the right steps to find a good fit for them.

Comment

Lol few parents get that. They take prestige, supposedly better exposure and training over playing time. Some will blame the coaching (he has it out for my kid!). Some would move their kid to another club than take B team demotion. Hats off to the few parents that actually see where their kid fits and take the right steps to find a good fit for them.
                It may make sense to move to a club if it is a better fit. Generally, you want to play on the first team of any club, as the B teams tend to be treated as second class citizens.

Comment

Its the JV vs Varsity age ol question. Do you want be on varsity and never play or play on JV and get lots of playing time.

Comment

Its the JV vs Varsity age ol question. Do you want be on varsity and never play or play on JV and get lots of playing time.
                    Go to another club and play on their Varsity (albeit at a lower level), rather than play JV on existing club.

Comment

i think 99% of the time its the parents that ruin their childs situation or chances. There is always an excuse. Its the coach, its the other players, its the club etc...

These are kids. They grow at different rates. All too often the parents have this I want it now attitude. This soccer thing, its a process, a very long process. You cant have the final result at u13. Some players will peak early and fade away, others will need more time to develop.

in the right environment with the right coach, there is nothing wrong with starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. On the other end of that, the players that start at the top need to understand its their spot to lose and there are plenty of kids behind them and they need to keep improving to keep it.

Coaches/Clubs need to understand that and make roster changes accordingly. As bad as some of these clubs are I highly doubt they are in the business of wanting to hurt kids feelings. But in the end this is supposed to be a highly competitive club. Its not fair to either kid by keeping the kid thats not performing on the A team and keeping the kid on the B team who is outperforming their spot.

I would all but guarantee that if FSA started making these types of changes, their results would improve. I am not saying they would win but maybe 7-0 is now 4-1. Kids will start to see that their spot is earned and not given.

Comment

FSA has had plenty of times where their regional team has competed with or even beaten their ECNL team. Also, there has been times where their CT teams have beaten their Regional teams.

Its obvious that their rosters are not always 100% accurate and changes need to be made.

Its lose lose... If you move the player down they are unhappy and maybe leave. You dont move the player up, they are unhappy and might leave. You might as well make the change.

I totally get that these are kids, but if you are not performing at your job what happens to you?

FSA has 3 levels for all of their players, so place them accordingly. We can argue about going to other clubs just to be on their TOP team. What parents seem to not realize is that is most cases and FSA b/c or CFC b team is a better option that one of the other clubs top teams.

Comment

Soccer

Could be the worst post ever. Fsa b and c teams are better options than other team top clubs???. The fsa regional teams are mostly garbage. 2006 regional team would be a lower division EDP team. I know 2006 landscape just by being in it for many years. 2006 Ecnl team would lose to many other regular clubs. But you can argue Ecnl is still a better option. But the regional and state teams will not get any exposure and are a horrible options.

Comment

Fsa B and C teams still have direct access to ECNL whereas other clubs do not. FSA ECNL teams have plenty of players that came from Reg or CT. If those players were at another club. Would they still have made ECNL?

Comment

Fsa B and C teams still have direct access to ECNL whereas other clubs do not. FSA ECNL teams have plenty of players that came from Reg or CT. If those players were at another club. Would they still have made ECNL?
                              Lol maybe when they were u little. Once ECNL rosters are formed there's almost no movement. Also because FSA relies so heavily in their own players, that face it aren't very well trained, that hurts their ECNL teams. CFC has a bigger player pool to draw from and has gotten better about taking outside players.

Comment

what is going on?

Neither were fired both left of their own terms. Thats quitting. JT was there for a while same as MH. If coaches cared about the players at all they could have done another 3 months and left at the end of the year. BS and SC are both fairly new to FSA
                                Team Information
                                Girls Teams
                                TEAMS RECORD PLACE LAST 5 RESULTS
                                FSA FC Pre-ECNL GU12
                                0-3-1 8th
                                FSA FC RL GU12
                                2-3-0 5th
                                FSA FC RL GU13
                                1-5-3 8th
                                FSA FC RL GU14
                                0-10-0 9th
                                FSA FC RL GU15
                                1-4-0 7th
                                FSA FC RL GU16
                                1-3-0 8th
                                FSA FC RL GU17
                                0-2-0 9th
                                FSA FC RL GU18/U19
                                0th

these are the fsa regional records. its pretty pathetic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X