• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FL BOYS College soccer Commitments: Class of 2021

Besides FKK bragging about their upcoming

FKK Senior boys who have already committed Class of 2021
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNivY-ohNfz/
    https://www.facebook.com/FloridaKrazeKrush/

What about other clubs? OCYS, etc for BOYS, let us know.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Besides FKK bragging about their upcoming

FKK Senior boys who have already committed Class of 2021

What about other clubs? OCYS, etc for BOYS, let us know.
    Looks like all from ECNL team. I wouldn't call it bragging but call it success.

Comment

personally we've been caught in the gap where my kid could play at a d3, d2 and low level D1 but probably wouldn't play much. they qualify for bright futures and can go to a quality D1 school for education but not play soccer for virtually free. Even with some private schools offering 18k off their tuition it would still cost us about 40,000 more over 4 years just to have them play soccer in college vs going to a florida d1 school. I can't justify spending 40k to play soccer as I have other kids to put through school. Soccer will end this year for my kid unless they play College club league.

Comment

personally we've been caught in the gap where my kid could play at a d3, d2 and low level D1 but probably wouldn't play much. they qualify for bright futures and can go to a quality D1 school for education but not play soccer for virtually free. Even with some private schools offering 18k off their tuition it would still cost us about 40,000 more over 4 years just to have them play soccer in college vs going to a florida d1 school. I can't justify spending 40k to play soccer as I have other kids to put through school. Soccer will end this year for my kid unless they play College club league.
        and how much did you spend thru the years paying Club Soccer?

Comment

UPSL then or see if the D1 school has a club team that your kid can make. There are university club championships as well and participation would cost less than the tuition gap.

Comment

This is a good point. We were spending about $7,500 per year on ECNL (all in) and when she starting playing college that amount was "freed up" when they start paying for everything (travel, gear, physical therapy, etc.).

Comment

Been there and my kids enjoyed all the benefits of high level soccer through age 18. But playing high level soccer is going to stop for 99.99% at either 18 or 22.
              For kids with high GPA's and ACT's, going to play soccer at a lesser academic school probably just doesn't make sense.

For the kids that can't get into the better schools, maybe playing soccer at the D2 or D3 level is a good choice. All just depends on the circumstances.

What should never come into consideration is how much money you've already spent at the club level over the years. That money is gone! Google "Sunk Cost Fallacy"
              Just cause your kid decides to not play soccer in college, doesn't mean it was a waste. Kept them off drugs. Kept them active. Kept them with a good group of kids (hopefully). Taught them some valuable life lessons.

Comment

Been there and my kids enjoyed all the benefits of high level soccer through age 18. But playing high level soccer is going to stop for 99.99% at either 18 or 22.
                For kids with high GPA's and ACT's, going to play soccer at a lesser academic school probably just doesn't make sense.

For the kids that can't get into the better schools, maybe playing soccer at the D2 or D3 level is a good choice. All just depends on the circumstances.

What should never come into consideration is how much money you've already spent at the club level over the years. That money is gone! Google "Sunk Cost Fallacy"
                Just cause your kid decides to not play soccer in college, doesn't mean it was a waste. Kept them off drugs. Kept them active. Kept them with a good group of kids (hopefully). Taught them some valuable life lessons.
                Agreed on all levels!

Comment

Not the poster but why does it matter? It's money already spent and that shouldn't be a reason to try and continue to play if it no longer makes financial sense to do so. Many players hit this block at the end. If more families knew the odds and the lack of athletic money out there, especially for boys, they would likely have picked a cheaper more local option by high school than a pricey travel club. No one should do club soccer expecting a positive ROI

Comment

Looks like all from ECNL team. I wouldn't call it bragging but call it success.
                    what are these schools? North East west South State

Comment

what are these schools? North East west South State
                      All over the USA:
                      FKK Boy Class of 2021 / ECNL players:

Comment

Pretty impressive list. Congrats.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X