GPS March Madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS email seems reasonable and responsible. So if that was last night, then the call will be made at 1pm today?

Comment

Which Lancaster fields? I drove by them last night and they were covered in snow...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Our team received the following yesterday:

Coaches and Managers,

It seems mother nature is going to test our capacity to host this event right down to the wire. If you are unaware of the reports, MA may get a few inches of snow tonight, followed by a warm, but rainy Wednesday and then potential of icy rain and some accumulation on Thursday.

As you can imagine we are playing the guessing games and everyone would rather know the status now - one way or the other. However, we are going to have to make final decisions a little later than anticipated.

All our staff are checking the fields tomorrow and then again on Friday morning.

Any fields deemed unplayable tomorrow will be 100% cancelled as the Thursday/Friday weather and temps do not show that they will help melt a layer of ice or an inch of snow at this point.

However, the grey areas will be those fields that are clear and good to go wednesday - but then may get hit hard Thursday night with freezing rain/ice or snow.

As always, we want to be as informative as possible and wanted to keep you all posted. Any fields cancellations tomorrow will take place around 1pm after field inspections and then we hope for some good luck Thursday night.

We all wish we could give you more definitive news - but we will keep you posted as much as we can throughout the week.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

GPS Tournament Team
        Thanks for sending this. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Comment

I'm the team manager for our club's team, and GPS has been sending emails such as the above over the next few days. I've then been forwarding them on to the players' parents so they can be kept aware. Even if the tournament, or part of it, is canceled, it's been helpful to get these updates. I'm not a GPS parent but feel that the club has been handling the communication very well, especially given the circumstances.

Comment

Hopeful

Thanks for sending this. Hopefully they can pull it off.
            Hopefully they can get the tournament in. My kids are itching to play.

Comment

I am hopeful that they play too, especially now that the weekend forecast says high 30's and 40's and sunny. That will seem like a heatwave! Regardless I just got my kid a new pair of under armor rights to be sure. I know she'll need them deep into the spring anyway :)

Comment

Tights not rights 👍

Comment

They just took down the schedule, canceling 6v6.

Looks like U11 and U12 first divisions are pretty safe, but 8v8 overall is at risk.

Comment

Aren't U11 and U12 8 v 8?

Comment

Aren't U11 and U12 8 v 8?
                      Yes, but I think you missed the part where the poster said the top divisions are probably safe, but the rest might be in jeopardy.

Comment

Yes, but I think you missed the part where the poster said the top divisions are probably safe, but the rest might be in jeopardy.
                        schedule has been taken down on site

Comment

They just took down the schedule, canceling 6v6.

Looks like U11 and U12 first divisions are pretty safe, but 8v8 overall is at risk.
                          Quoting this person's post again, because apparently no one else read it correctly. Yes, we know schedule is down. Yes U11 and U12's are 8 v 8, but this person seems to know that all 6 v 6 games are being pulled and all but the top divisions of U11 and U12 may be pulled. I have no idea if the information is correct, but this person seems to have some info we don't.

Comment

Quoting this person's post again, because apparently no one else read it correctly. Yes, we know schedule is down. Yes U11 and U12's are 8 v 8, but this person seems to know that all 6 v 6 games are being pulled and all but the top divisions of U11 and U12 may be pulled. I have no idea if the information is correct, but this person seems to have some info we don't.
                            GPS emailed team contacts.

Comment

Hopefully they can get the tournament in. My kids are itching to play.
                              Try Gold Bond.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but the top division would be elite vs. championship and premier?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X