Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arctic tournaments are pointless!!!

The clubs are just looking for $ and GS points while most players are already playing preseason indoors to keep active. There really isn't any true benefit to playing outdoors in these conditions. I have yet to meet a kid who would rather play outdoors in the Arctic freeze.
    Money rules and nobody is looking out for the kids. (Bunch of sheep!)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The clubs are just looking for $ and GS points while most players are already playing preseason indoors to keep active. There really isn't any true benefit to playing outdoors in these conditions. I have yet to meet a kid who would rather play outdoors in the Arctic freeze.
    Money rules and nobody is looking out for the kids. (Bunch of sheep!)
    The Manhattan tournament had a lot of college coaches attending. There were 11 coaches from schools my U17 son was interested in and a number said they were going to go watch him play. So, from a college recruiting standpoint, yeah, they are worthwhile. For U9-U15, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The Manhattan tournament had a lot of college coaches attending. There were 11 coaches from schools my U17 son was interested in and a number said they were going to go watch him play. So, from a college recruiting standpoint, yeah, they are worthwhile. For U9-U15, maybe not.
      That and for many years there were no cancellations. Everyone was hoping last year was a one-off, but no one thought we'd have the winter we've had this year. It is what it is. Organizers will likely try and push them back as much as they can for next year, but many leagues, especially the older kids, start mid-March. They're a good tune up for the season - shake off the winter rust.

If the OP is so upset he should speak to his club about not entering or finding something further south

Comment

Baby its cold outside

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X