Scorpion tournament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at Forekicks Marlboro this evening. Snow still all over field. That said, they told me it was being cleared Tuesday and later in week in Taunton. They feel very sure it will not be an issue.

I doubt the same positive attitude will be found in Lancaster though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I was at Forekicks Marlboro this evening. Snow still all over field. That said, they told me it was being cleared Tuesday and later in week in Taunton. They feel very sure it will not be an issue.

I doubt the same positive attitude will be found in Lancaster though.
      What's going on in Lancaster?

Comment

forekicks has a monetary incentive..they rent their fields for practice and they are all about making money..if these tourneys were only being played at forekicks, guaranteed the games would be on..but the folks owning the other fields arent in it for the money running a business like the folks at forekicks

Comment

Snow 48 hrs before cancels

In other words, you have no idea. Thanks.
          Snow 48 hrs before cancels

otherwise fields will be clear (not the sidelines however so bring parkas and grease up the kids)

Comment

In other words, you have no idea. Thanks.
            In other words...NO ONE KNOWS. It's been snowing 2-3 times per week for the past month. Who saw that coming? No one knows when this will stop, when temps will rise above freezing for long enough to plow turf and melt the 7'+ of snow.

I know travel plans need to be made/cancelled, etc, but the difference between those of you who don't live in the snow zone and those of us who do...we pay hotel costs too AND we have to deal with all this frickin snow on a daily basis.

Excuse me if I responded with sarcasm to your question. I'm trying to maintain my sense of humor. Got to go shovel the latest 3" that fell last night.

Comment

Snow plows removing snow from fields at Forekicks Taunton today. I can only guess that they were out at Marlboro too. However, they will not be playing on those fields for two weeks, which leaves Scorpion Bowl next weekend in doubt.

Comment

Snow plows removing snow from fields at Forekicks Taunton today. I can only guess that they were out at Marlboro too. However, they will not be playing on those fields for two weeks, which leaves Scorpion Bowl next weekend in doubt.
                Why do you say will nothing be played there before two weeks? If they are clearing snow starting now, theoretically they should be able to have them ready sooner, no?

Comment

Why do you say will nothing be played there before two weeks? If they are clearing snow starting now, theoretically they should be able to have them ready sooner, no?
                  A little birdie told me. Don't bet on it.

Comment

Problem is say they can clear the field but there's no place to park, or even for anyone to stand and watch a game? It's increasingly likely Manhattan will be off for the same reasons and they haven't received nearly the same amount of snow.

Comment

Stars complex in Lancaster snow being removed but turf still icy. Practice there has been cancelled all week. With the snow and ice coming this weekend it seems doubtful to me that games will be on. However, if it rains, all bets are off.

Comment

Why do clubs schedule these inane tournaments outdoors in March? And why do clubs participate? To get Gotsoccer points which everyone thinks mean nothing? Really. There is no sane reason for a kid to play outdoors this time of year in New England. And if you say, "oh my kid loves these tournaments" I'll call BS, unless your kid is ECNL. More likely it's you dad that thinks your kid is a baller and needs to go risk an ACL to play a pointless game. Do you think Amanda Cromwell is going to be on the sidelines and say, oh wow, look at Mia playing in the cold. I better give her a full ride.

What idiocy.

Comment

Why do clubs schedule these inane tournaments outdoors in March? And why do clubs participate? To get Gotsoccer points which everyone thinks mean nothing? Really. There is no sane reason for a kid to play outdoors this time of year in New England. And if you say, "oh my kid loves these tournaments" I'll call BS, unless your kid is ECNL. More likely it's you dad that thinks your kid is a baller and needs to go risk an ACL to play a pointless game. Do you think Amanda Cromwell is going to be on the sidelines and say, oh wow, look at Mia playing in the cold. I better give her a full ride.

What idiocy.
                          Amanda Cromwell? Wasn't she one of the characters in "Halloweentown"?

Comment

Stars complex in Lancaster snow being removed but turf still icy. Practice there has been cancelled all week. With the snow and ice coming this weekend it seems doubtful to me that games will be on. However, if it rains, all bets are off.
                            Forecast shows it will snow first, then turn to rain for awhile, then turning bitterly cold again - freezing everything. Then possibly snow next Wednesday. It's a shame but none of these evens are happening.

As for the "lunacy," not that long ago, and for many years, these events went off with little trouble at all. Crazy cold, yes, but no major issues. It gets tough to push them back a few weeks into March because some leagues are already starting regular season play. It's supposed to be a spring warm-up event and teams do want to play. But I don't think they'll consider any of these evens next year, if the organizers even try to have them.

Comment

Forecast shows it will snow first, then turn to rain for awhile, then turning bitterly cold again - freezing everything. Then possibly snow next Wednesday. It's a shame but none of these evens are happening.

As for the "lunacy," not that long ago, and for many years, these events went off with little trouble at all. Crazy cold, yes, but no major issues. It gets tough to push them back a few weeks into March because some leagues are already starting regular season play. It's supposed to be a spring warm-up event and teams do want to play. But I don't think they'll consider any of these evens next year, if the organizers even try to have them.
                              NEFC will have its preseason tournament because they charge $150 even if they cancel.
                              So they make money.
                              Never heard such BS. No full refund?

Comment

Anyone remember the events that BU, NE, and MIT used to put on around this time of year? They were low cost, low intensity type events that served a dual purpose. Getting teams outside for the first time and making a little money for the programs. They were actually run largely by the players so if they had to be cancelled because of snow no one really minded. The Scorpion Bowl basically killed them all when they tried to build something grander and more formal. Maybe it is time the clubs quit trying to make big money in March and do something during the summer instead then get back to being more informal at this time of the year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X