Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpion Bowl

Any forecasts yet for the Scorpion Bowl?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's 7 weeks away, you tool

Comment

Cold?

Comment

Smaller than last year ( again )

Comment

Sunny and 45. It will be perfect weekend for soccer

Comment

Is the Scorpion Bowl on the same level as Aztecs tournament?

Comment

Is the Scorpion Bowl on the same level as Aztecs tournament?
              Better. Equivalent to NEFC

Comment

Better. Equivalent to NEFC
                That's funny 'cause Aztecs is the 80th ranked tournament in the country and Scoprion Bowl is ranked 111th. I highly doubt it's close to being equivalent to NEFC as they're ranked 24th in the country. Massive disparity between the three tournaments. Needham is even ranked higher than Aztecs and Scorpion Bowl.

Comment

Is registration even open yet? We attend each year and have not heard anything from the tournament directors.

Comment

That's funny 'cause Aztecs is the 80th ranked tournament in the country and Scoprion Bowl is ranked 111th. I highly doubt it's close to being equivalent to NEFC as they're ranked 24th in the country. Massive disparity between the three tournaments. Needham is even ranked higher than Aztecs and Scorpion Bowl.
                    Scorpions is better than Aztecs and Needham but not as good as NEFC tournament. Truth.

Comment

Scorpions is better than Aztecs and Needham but not as good as NEFC tournament. Truth.
                      I have attended the Needham tournament and disagree. The level of competition is better and it's a much bigger tournament. I think the weather probably plays a role in that. Less teams are inclined to play in frigid temperatures.

Comment

From a clubs perspective I would think Needham would be the better tournament. Theoretically you could have every team in the club be accepted, and playing in the same place. Plus the college showcase is attended by a majority of the local colleges. It's at the end of the spring when teams are playing at their best, and less likely that it gets cancelled. The NEFC and Scorps tournament will always have the weather as a factor, because of where it falls on the calendar. The Aztec tournament doesn't get enough numbers of teams, or college coaches for the showcase ages. The 2-3 truly elite teams should probably travel to PDA, but the rest have a great tournament in their back yard. I don't think the top clubs in the region have figured that out. Saving some cash, with No hotel, no flights, and they can stay at home and enjoy the weekend.

Comment

From a clubs perspective I would think Needham would be the better tournament. Theoretically you could have every team in the club be accepted, and playing in the same place. Plus the college showcase is attended by a majority of the local colleges. It's at the end of the spring when teams are playing at their best, and less likely that it gets cancelled. The NEFC and Scorps tournament will always have the weather as a factor, because of where it falls on the calendar. The Aztec tournament doesn't get enough numbers of teams, or college coaches for the showcase ages. The 2-3 truly elite teams should probably travel to PDA, but the rest have a great tournament in their back yard. I don't think the top clubs in the region have figured that out. Saving some cash, with No hotel, no flights, and they can stay at home and enjoy the weekend.
                          You do realize that the Aztec tournament is Labor Day for U9-U14 teams correct?

Comment

Terrible tournament ,terrible club, I'd never give a nickel to the scorpions/breakers. Awful coaches too.

Comment

Terrible tournament ,terrible club, I'd never give a nickel to the scorpions/breakers. Awful coaches too.
                              Agreed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X