Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    caveat emptor-really- Did you see that in a movie and it is the only Latin you remember? Proud of yourself for using your big words of the day calendar?

Excuse me for just wanting to encourage my kids to play soccer and be willing to give up other things to allow to happen.

Just pointing out that for some it is more difficult as we do not live close, had plans and it "may" not be as easy to change.

Still not the end of the world. Just a pain, but so be it.
    You must be a lot of fun to hang out with at the hotel.

Comment

yes-

grey goose makes anyone tolerable, including me.

Good luck in the tourney!

Comment

Anyone have an update on the field conditions?

Comment

get in your car and take a look...

Comment

They are cold, slippery and hard.

Comment

Should all be fine except Taunton.

Taunton will probably try to clear though.

Comment

get in your car and take a look...
                I'd rather not drive 3 hours today but thanks for your thoughtful response. I was interested to know if Marshall Street fields were in decent shape.

Comment

I'd rather not drive 3 hours today but thanks for your thoughtful response. I was interested to know if Marshall Street fields were in decent shape.
                  Good luck with parking at Marshall St., it's bad on a Saturday in June. Now with the street snow and loss of spaces in the lot. It's going to be a nightmare. Marshall Street will be a one way

Comment

GPS parent.

U9/U10 canceled

U11 Championship and Premier canceled (only Elite bracket is playing)

I believe the same is true for U12 but not 100% sure.

And I believe all other age groups are playing.

Schedules appear to be up.

Acton fields had ice around edges. Center seemed clear with spots here and there. I assume all fields are similar.

Comment

GPS parent.

U9/U10 canceled

U11 Championship and Premier canceled (only Elite bracket is playing)

I believe the same is true for U12 but not 100% sure.

And I believe all other age groups are playing.

Schedules appear to be up.

Acton fields had ice around edges. Center seemed clear with spots here and there. I assume all fields are similar.
                      Was just there. They set up 3 8v8 fields going in the same direction of the 11v11 fields stretching from the top of the penalty box of the 11v11 field from one side of the field to the other. 2 yards between each field. Everything below the top of the goal box on the 11v11 field further away from the parking lot is a sheet of ice; similar story on the other end but not as bad.

Comment

GPS parent.

Great. Let's play in the center circle. Be careful folks.

Comment

Cue the music ... ICE ICE baby.

Comment

I guess the jokes on you..

Comment

There's already a game for that and it's filled with "jerks"...
                              Much like everyone who believes that late Feb and early March are spring months in New England.
                              25% anyone...?

Comment

Just in case anyone wants an opinion of someone who spent time in both Lancaster and Acton... The fields that my son and daughter played on were completely safe. No ice on the playing surfaces. I was actually concerned about the issue previous to the event, but was pleasantly surprised to find that there was no issue. I do realize that many age groups and divisions had to be cancelled, etc... so, it wasn't a perfect situation for many clubs/teams... but as far as safety, I had zero issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X