Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Disagree, Matic came in late after Barnes touched the ball.
    BullShtt!! These guys have body and leg control well beyond average soccer player. Barnes knew exactly what we was doing an made the conscious choice follow through in such a manner.

Once they made contact you clearly see Barnes watching the ball roll away but keeps his weight on that foot to put some hurt on Matic.

You can't always stop the contact but once you do you can quickly take your weight off and lessen the damage or you just play stupid and keep you weight on. This kind of situation happens all the time stepping on another players toes. It's much less dangerous but happens more often. If guy stops after initial contact its a sore toe, if the guys a jerk puts his full weight on its a broken metararsal.

It's what you choose to do right then at that initial contact makes a difference and other player knows instantly when after initial contact some sorry or they want to hurt you.

Clearly Reckless. He a dog in my book and players around him know that. Guys like that will keep going until they end someone career.

You can't survive playing at that level with out playing hard but there is a line and Barnes crossed it

Comment

BullShtt!! These guys have body and leg control well beyond average soccer player. Barnes knew exactly what we was doing an made the conscious choice follow through in such a manner.

Once they made contact you clearly see Barnes watching the ball roll away but keeps his weight on that foot to put some hurt on Matic.

You can't always stop the contact but once you do you can quickly take your weight off and lessen the damage or you just play stupid and keep you weight on. This kind of situation happens all the time stepping on another players toes. It's much less dangerous but happens more often. If guy stops after initial contact its a sore toe, if the guys a jerk puts his full weight on its a broken metararsal.

It's what you choose to do right then at that initial contact makes a difference and other player knows instantly when after initial contact some sorry or they want to hurt you.

Clearly Reckless. He a dog in my book and players around him know that. Guys like that will keep going until they end someone career.

You can't survive playing at that level with out playing hard but there is a line and Barnes crossed it
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXTWzgVA1U

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApuzBOISbBU

You can hear the leg snap the whole stadium heard it. Mullans thought he was fouled and need to take it out on someone. Right after he did it he had no regrets he stated that it was a challenge he had attempted “hundreds of times and I’d probably do it again.”

Comment

As a college soccer ref, this is true.
          If the follow through seems like it's done to injure the player, touching the ball first does not matter at all.

Straight red card 10 out of 10 times for Barnes if I were the ref and I had a perfect sight of the foul. Of course, maybe the ref didn't see it clearly as we all do now, but I'm just saying in retrospect, Barnes should've gotten a red for that.
          I can agree with a red but as you say it depends on the refs sight line at the time of the file. Things can look alot different from various angles.

- A Ref

Comment

Are these type of fouls and tackles common in soccer?

Comment

Are these type of fouls and tackles common in soccer?
              Tackles are common. Primadonas getting their hair messed up and attacking players while they're not looking is, thankfully, less common.

Comment

Tackles are common. Primadonas getting their hair messed up and attacking players while they're not looking is, thankfully, less common.
                Listen, it was a hard foul and ill-advised but in no way was it the worst tackle ever. One can argue yellow/red. I lean toward yellow. But the reaction was clearly red. You are not allowed to shove another player with such force. The LOTG are clear. Red for that. - Cujo

Comment

Listen, it was a hard foul and ill-advised but in no way was it the worst tackle ever. One can argue yellow/red. I lean toward yellow. But the reaction was clearly red. You are not allowed to shove another player with such force. The LOTG are clear. Red for that. - Cujo
                  The reaction was red by definition. The pass was contested. The contester took some risk and sustained some damage. Move along people, nothing to see here.

Comment

Oh yeah

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X