Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clash at the Border

Who is going to Clash at the Border? Our first year so we are excited, but our division bracket looks really strong so we will see, lol.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who is going to Clash at the Border? Our first year so we are excited, but our division bracket looks really strong so we will see, lol.
    “Strong”. Hahahahaha

Comment

“Strong”. Hahahahaha
      There is, of course, a TS tradition that any tournament that my DS or DD isn't playing in, is (by virtue of that fact) a rec tournament.

Clash, along with Mt. Hood, are probably the best tournaments in the metro area, finding a better tournament will require travel. And unfortunately, due to the lack of a large venue that can host a dozen games at the same time, any local tournament will require some driving between matches.

Comment

There is, of course, a TS tradition that any tournament that my DS or DD isn't playing in, is (by virtue of that fact) a rec tournament.

Clash, along with Mt. Hood, are probably the best tournaments in the metro area, finding a better tournament will require travel. And unfortunately, due to the lack of a large venue that can host a dozen games at the same time, any local tournament will require some driving between matches.
        Mt. Hood is the best Recreational tourney, more rec teams than the Crash at the border. Spot on.

Plus it gives families the opportunity to guess which remote venue their next match will be hosted at, amazing race without any prizes.

Think Chevy Chase aka Clark Griswold 'Vacation' without Wally World.

Comment

Or the fact that it’s a rec + tourney.

Local Tournaments are cash grabs and not quality, so having to travel
          is part of the gig if you live in PDX metro and want to actually be challenged .

See also: how badly our teams do outside our bubble .

Comment

Some of you people are mentally ill. Who cares if it is Rec, Rec+, Premier, SuperDuper Premier, etc? It’s youth soccer, if kids have fun, who cares?

What is wrong with you?

Comment

Some of you people are mentally ill. Who cares if it is Rec, Rec+, Premier, SuperDuper Premier, etc? It’s youth soccer, if kids have fun, who cares?

What is wrong with you?
              Nothing wrong with wanting more for my child. But don’t worry his team won’t be participating and he could Care’s less about a plastic trophy and some medals.

Yawn

Comment

Nothing wrong with wanting more for my child. But don’t worry his team won’t be participating and he could Care’s less about a plastic trophy and some medals.

Yawn
                Tell that to your psychiatrist, lulz.

Comment

Could care less or couldn’t care less? Your son may be good at soccer, but mom/dad might need some remedial training in language.

Comment

Could care less or couldn’t care less? Your son may be good at soccer, but mom/dad might need some remedial training in language.
                    Obvious typo is is obvious

Comment

This. Coming fom the two people that make their living from running these tournaments.

Comment

Speaking of silly local tournaments, what happened to the Portland Cup? Google still takes me to the homepage for the (pared down) 2018 edition...

Comment

Obvious typo is is obvious
                          Is is it?

Lol.

Comment

Why does Clash have so many teams compared to Capitol Cup.

Our rec team did really good in Clash last year but this year we decided to take the month off.

Some of my players got invited to guest play with another team in Capitol but I noticed big brackets. U15-U19 and only 4-5 teams total in other age levels.

Comment

Why does Clash have so many teams compared to Capitol Cup.

Our rec team did really good in Clash last year but this year we decided to take the month off.

Some of my players got invited to guest play with another team in Capitol but I noticed big brackets. U15-U19 and only 4-5 teams total in other age levels.
                              Because Harmony is soccer paradise compared to the prison yard.

Next question.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X