Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Florida Prep Tryouts or College Showcase

not sure I get it, but it looks like the FC Florida tryout is also a camp. Pretty cool. College coaches watching a tryout but I it seems they only care about showcase teams and camps. Also I don't think they take young kids, only college prep kids.

www.fcflorida.com

Here is a quote from their site:

FC Florida Prep Academy - National Showcase Auditions

Yes, we are different...very different. Did your last club bring college and pro scouts to your tryouts, to your practices? Does your club have college placement professionals on staff, ready to match you up with the right college program...even negotiate your financial aid or scholarship package?...do they even know what is a post-graduate program, if you need more time to best position for your greatest college opportunity?...and what if you have a chance to go pro? Are they ready? Be careful...because confidence is not competence...and the typical soccer club/coach ego that is quick to take credit for your success may not be prepared to help you achieve that success.

The first step to securing proper placement...is being in the right place.

Can you afford not to look at FC Florida Prep Academy?

August 7-8, 2019
    Hobe Sound, FL

School or club?

Is it a school or a club? The website has a school on the front page

Comment

Don't be fooled

Yes pay $150 to "audition" for club soccer...

Ask the last kids from the "college id" camp that supposedly were selected to go to France about how the "free" turned into thousands of dollars.

Buyer beware!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        not sure I get it, but it looks like the FC Florida tryout is also a camp. Pretty cool. College coaches watching a tryout but I it seems they only care about showcase teams and camps. Also I don't think they take young kids, only college prep kids.

www.fcflorida.com

Yes, we are different...very different. Did your last club bring college and pro scouts to your tryouts, to your practices? Does your club have college placement professionals on staff, ready to match you up with the right college program...even negotiate your financial aid or scholarship package?...do they even know what is a post-graduate program, if you need more time to best position for your greatest college opportunity?...and what if you have a chance to go pro? Are they ready? Be careful...because confidence is not competence...and the typical soccer club/coach ego that is quick to take credit for your success may not be prepared to help you achieve that success.

August 7-8, 2019
        Hobe Sound, FL

To be clear, those coaches are being paid to come to your camp. The only ones they will be looking at will be the ones your coach or DOC has given them advance notice about. It is a money generating camp for the club and attending assistant coaches attending.

If you are going to attend, things to watch out for are 1. Are the top teams participating as a team or are the age groups all mixed in together. 2. Are certain teams wearing their "special" jersey's. 3. Are any of the colleges attending even a remote consideration for your kid.

Comment

It's all about the money. Do not be fooled.

Comment

So don’t go

It's all about the money. Do not be fooled.
            So okay the fool and don't go. Three kids were picked to go to France and only one was FC Florida kid, who is also a legit pro prospect. The kids paid NOTHING to go to France, unless they bought Gatorade at the airport while traveling on flights paid by FCF and France expense paid by PSG.

The next camp is basically free. The site says $50 but that’s to guarantee a spot and they refund you when you show up. Some scam.

Comment

Untruth

Yes pay $150 to "audition" for club soccer...

Ask the last kids from the "college id" camp that supposedly were selected to go to France about how the "free" turned into thousands of dollars.

Buyer beware!
              Strange to lie. What gives? There are many kids who pay thousands to go to ICEF in France. Just not the kids chosen by the camp.

Comment

This is scam

Comment

you are sharp

man you are sharp. you figured out something. they are charging $20 when most camps charge $400 to $700, and it covers lunch, drinks and all costs. on the registration page, kids are told not to bring cash. they have a video reel of the last camp showing D1 teams and pro scouts in attendance and coaches talking about the high quality of talent at the camp. where exactly can a player in Florida get this kind of exposure for 20 bucks and walk away with a free lunch. oh, and they are filming the sessions and making the film available to coaches. some scam. my kid is too young for this deal but hopefully this 'scan' is still around in 2-3 years. I am really hoping to get screwed on this one some day.

Comment

FC Florida Prep Email

Just received an email from the FC Florida tryouts. It’s also on their Facebook page:

2019 FC Florida Prep National Showcase Team Auditions and College ID Camp, Aug 7-8, 2019
                    https://conta.cc/2SFJWnU

Comment

www.fcflorida.com

August 7-8, 2019
                      Hobe Sound, FL

Waste of F***** time!

Comment

I got nothing

My son left his team the start of his senior season to go play for this "academy" based on promises of getting seen by colleges and guarantees of getting him a scholarship.

None of it was true... he barely played at the showcase events and he wasn't given any exposure or a chance to to be seen at those events. I ended up paying for his schooling. He had good grades and I am fortunate enough to have set aside the money to help pay for his education but in the end, what we got from FC was unfulfilled promises and disappointment.

Please keep this in mind when you read this overhyped farce of an 'audition' We should have stayed at our old club but we were taken in by the smooth talker at FC.

Comment

Crazy

My son left his team the start of his senior season to go play for this "academy" based on promises of getting seen by colleges and guarantees of getting him a scholarship.

None of it was true... he barely played at the showcase events and he wasn't given any exposure or a chance to to be seen at those events. I ended up paying for his schooling. He had good grades and I am fortunate enough to have set aside the money to help pay for his education but in the end, what we got from FC was unfulfilled promises and disappointment.

Please keep this in mind when you read this overhyped farce of an 'audition' We should have stayed at our old club but we were taken in by the smooth talker at FC.
                          At the start of his senior season? That’s too late. You allowed your son to miss the peak recruiting season and its FC Florida’s fault? Roster spots and scholarships are wrapped up in July August and September. I was at their first camp and all of the coaches made that clear. Face it. You missed the cycle. Look in the mirror.

Comment

Parents

Pretty funny. The parent says he or she got nothing. They left another club just before senior season which means the original club, the parent and the player did not get a college deal before most schools spent their scholarship money. They go to FC Florida after the recruiting season has ended and they still can't get a deal. And it's not their fault. It's JT's fault. He charges $0 for his program and pays for most of the kids to travel when they can't afford it. Did the player do his part? Write letters to coaches, work to improve test scores? FC Florida is getting a lot of kids deals but they can't do it all. JT is pretty busy. Very active at times. Busy at others. The kids that do well with him are the kids and the parents that also put in the effort (ahead of schedule, not after the recruiting season). anyway, FC Florida is not perfect. It's not even a club. It's a free program that tales kids to college showcases and its probably the only program in Florida that is bringing college coaches to their camps - and still charging nothing. and this parent says 'beware' of the free program! I got nothing.

Comment

We left because he asked us to and told us these things... we would have stayed where we were otherwise.

My point is that he led us to believe these things he was going to do and "guaranteed" us -- his words NOT ours. He misled us.

And the program was NOT free!

Stop misleading people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X