Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And, yet again, the average salary on Long Island is just below that number. So, they gotta living somewhere
    There are these things called apartments.

Comment

There are these things called apartments.
      That's my point.

Comment

USA World Champions

words of the privileged who have never seen what a struggling family can pull off it they will it to be so. stop thinking that because you have never seen it, it doesn't happen.
        i dont want my kids to struggle and/or aspire to have an apartment in LI somewhere.
        I dont want my kids to worry about having to pay off credit card debt.

$60k is nothing on LI if you have to raise a family!!!!!!!!! you can pretty much wipe your _ss with it.

Comment

i dont want my kids to struggle and/or aspire to have an apartment in LI somewhere.
          I dont want my kids to worry about having to pay off credit card debt.

$60k is nothing on LI if you have to raise a family!!!!!!!!! you can pretty much wipe your _ss with it.
          I think you missed the point. It was stated that making $60k/year is not professional. To some people, a lot of people, it's above average. For some, it's a lot. Even for LI.

I'm quite sure every one of those people want there to be a lot more, but that's the reality of it. Sad you consider someone's yearly salary worthy of a good A55-WIPING...

Comment

USA World Champions

I think you missed the point. It was stated that making $60k/year is not professional. To some people, a lot of people, it's above average. For some, it's a lot. Even for LI.

I'm quite sure every one of those people want there to be a lot more, but that's the reality of it. Sad you consider someone's yearly salary worthy of a good A55-WIPING...
            its sad for sure but unfortunately true....you are really seriously struggling to raise a family with $60k year salary, when you break it down like a did earlier (rough numbers) you can see. again, how do you raise 1/2 kid or a .9 kid? the numbers are the numbers.

Comment

its sad for sure but unfortunately true....you are really seriously struggling to raise a family with $60k year salary, when you break it down like a did earlier (rough numbers) you can see. again, how do you raise 1/2 kid or a .9 kid? the numbers are the numbers.
              I don't know how they do it, but assume a very large part of the population is getting it done.

Comment

USA World Champions

I don't know how they do it, but assume a very large part of the population is getting it done.
                maybe you can if "off the books" but if you legitimately making $60k year and the Uncle sam takes about 1/3 of that You are not raising a family with $40k take home. and you can forget about "pay to play" soccer for your kids.

Comment

maybe you can if "off the books" but if you legitimately making $60k year and the Uncle sam takes about 1/3 of that You are not raising a family with $40k take home. and you can forget about "pay to play" soccer for your kids.
                  FYI, current tax bracket for someone making $60K is 22%. That's $3900/month take-home. It's hard, but it can be done.

Comment

USA World Champions

FYI, current tax bracket for someone making $60K is 22%. That's $3900/month take-home. It's hard, but it can be done.
                    thanks for the insight, can you budget "pay to play" soccer for your .75 kids with this? LMAO.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X