Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If it's free I might consider signing my daughter up whether she wants to or not.

An extra 3,000 bucks in my pocket is nothing to sneeze at. That could be a down payment on a quad or camp trailer.

If $3k is enough to get this guy to sign up then you might only need to spend $45,000 total to make it free per team. That isn't too bad. Tell the Timbers owner that for $45k it would be a free option. Budget conscious people vote with their checkbooks.

Comment

The biggest reason they fail to get the best players and are losing the best clubs is the high school soccer ban.

For some odd reason girls really like high school soccer.

The other ideas are great too, but #2 is the big idea.
      Don't get me started on high school soccer. It is long ball central. Send the big fast kids up after monster punts and let them scrum it out with the defenders.

Comment

Nationally the DA is thriving as the truly elite players don't play HS and opt for DA only, these the ones selected to the US youth and Senior National Teams.

Oregon has no truly elite players to speak of, so it's not big deal to play with the Thorns DA or the local club and HS. Do what you like is what they say, right.

Oregon isn't denying the US Soccer National Teams of any truly elite players, period.

On the subject of 'like' some folks like to combine travel desires with local club soccer, most don't. Different strokes for Different folks.

It's all good in the neighbor 'hood' soccer.
        Unless you have your pulse on all OR market players, all ages, your comment that OR has “no elite players” is bogus and fatalist. Do you become “elite” only when you are picked for a national team camp? If that is the case Crossfire United had a couple in prior years. Or is a player elite if they are in the developing stages and on the pathway to getting a call? Hey have to be on the path to this goal- a good process is part of being elite! Is being invited to the regional camps elite? We have many of those. Or only National Camp? Or even tighter only National team caps? Maybe NWSL players only?

Is “elite” getting D1 scholarships to any D1 or only some D1s? Who picks? You do? Statistically, OR has enough soccer participation year after year that one could total up all those players and “yes” OR can and does produce elite players, however narrowly you may define this word. The Oregon Talking Soccer “No elite players” comments, of which there are many, are generalized and diminish the opportunities many local players and team staffs provide. Again, depends on your definition of elite. Grow up and be supportive, elite can and does exist here and should be fostered. Check out this link to 15 Late Maturing athletes.

https://www.thesportster.com/enterta...in-sports/amp/

This is a link to many stories like this!

So if someone isn’t your definition of “elite” by youth soccer year what(?) U14? U17? etc. they will never be and thus we don’t waste our breath and time being a community that supports good decisions for player development? That’s your game plan? Not a good one.

Comment

Unless you have your pulse on all OR market players, all ages, your comment that OR has “no elite players” is bogus and fatalist. Do you become “elite” only when you are picked for a national team camp? If that is the case Crossfire United had a couple in prior years. Or is a player elite if they are in the developing stages and on the pathway to getting a call? Hey have to be on the path to this goal- a good process is part of being elite! Is being invited to the regional camps elite? We have many of those. Or only National Camp? Or even tighter only National team caps? Maybe NWSL players only?

Is “elite” getting D1 scholarships to any D1 or only some D1s? Who picks? You do? Statistically, OR has enough soccer participation year after year that one could total up all those players and “yes” OR can and does produce elite players, however narrowly you may define this word. The Oregon Talking Soccer “No elite players” comments, of which there are many, are generalized and diminish the opportunities many local players and team staffs provide. Again, depends on your definition of elite. Grow up and be supportive, elite can and does exist here and should be fostered. Check out this link to 15 Late Maturing athletes.

https://www.thesportster.com/enterta...in-sports/amp/

This is a link to many stories like this!

So if someone isn’t your definition of “elite” by youth soccer year what(?) U14? U17? etc. they will never be and thus we don’t waste our breath and time being a community that supports good decisions for player development? That’s your game plan? Not a good one.
          Love to see a listing of our local elite girls.

Back it up with data always helps, make or break your case.

Comment

1. Make it free.
            2. Allow high school soccer.
            3. Find some good coaches.

That might help.
            This is a good list. Free would be real nice. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose.

Comment

Love to see a listing of our local elite girls.

Back it up with data always helps, make or break your case.
              Give your definition of elite. And remember my definition includes players on the pathway to becoming elite. I will not single out local players on this pathway, at any stage, as it is opinion based and players should not be publicly bantered about, especially at youth ages, on a public forum- up for disagreement.

By my definition including “elite” to mean college playing soccer athletes (anyone want $50k- $100k on partial scholarship $$$? That seems pretty elite and better than loans). Want to play United Women’s Soccer League (our community has several of those currently active in the US) or youth players invited to regional or occasionally, some years national camp call ups, yup we have that. We are doing some elite things and need to keep creating the road map to do more.

Many successful minds quote that they were often about dreaming of an idea (recycled or not), then believing they could achieve it, then planning a roadmap to achieve it, then actually following/tweaking their plan, then getting results. Elite is a pathway, I listed all kinds of successful ways to be elite. You just keep throwing this “elite” word around with no definition.

As the link I posted noted, even Didier Drogba at 21 was found in essentially a local league scrimmage!! Imagine if his community had offered no location for this local play? And there as “no elite players” as far as Your (small mind IMHO) could see when he was U19. Give me a break.

You are saying “show me the results” before believing in creating a process to get there. How asinine! Plans don’t work that way. Keep your chicken and egg battle to yourself because you are not a builder, and you will never get elite results. Again, however you define elite.

Comment

Give your definition of elite. And remember my definition includes players on the pathway to becoming elite. I will not single out local players on this pathway, at any stage, as it is opinion based and players should not be publicly bantered about, especially at youth ages, on a public forum- up for disagreement.

By my definition including “elite” to mean college playing soccer athletes (anyone want $50k- $100k on partial scholarship $$$? That seems pretty elite and better than loans). Want to play United Women’s Soccer League (our community has several of those currently active in the US) or youth players invited to regional or occasionally, some years national camp call ups, yup we have that. We are doing some elite things and need to keep creating the road map to do more.

Many successful minds quote that they were often about dreaming of an idea (recycled or not), then believing they could achieve it, then planning a roadmap to achieve it, then actually following/tweaking their plan, then getting results. Elite is a pathway, I listed all kinds of successful ways to be elite. You just keep throwing this “elite” word around with no definition.

As the link I posted noted, even Didier Drogba at 21 was found in essentially a local league scrimmage!! Imagine if his community had offered no location for this local play? And there as “no elite players” as far as Your (small mind IMHO) could see when he was U19. Give me a break.

You are saying “show me the results” before believing in creating a process to get there. How asinine! Plans don’t work that way. Keep your chicken and egg battle to yourself because you are not a builder, and you will never get elite results. Again, however you define elite.
                In our broken “pay to play system”, we will never find the Didier Drogbas of our world. Collegiate soccer is far from elite with some 900 schools looking for warm bodies to fill out their rosters. Talk to me if your kid is in the National pool for the age group, consider that elite.

Comment

Buncha idiots. You need a hobby or to start smoking better weed.

Comment

Translation;
                    No elite girls in Oregon, yet.

Comment

Don't get me started on high school soccer. It is long ball central. Send the big fast kids up after monster punts and let them scrum it out with the defenders.
                      So what? 99.9999% will never sniff an NT roster. Let the kids play HS who want to play and have options for those who don't. Back in the day HS used to be a place where kids could be discovered, along with a functioning ODP. Now you have to pay thousands each year for an overpriced travel league and USSF won't even look outside it any longer for talent.

Comment

Buncha idiots. You need a hobby or to start smoking better weed.
                        If you can get them to chill out with a joint that might be a good thing.

Comment

If it's free I might consider signing my daughter up whether she wants to or not.

An extra 3,000 bucks in my pocket is nothing to sneeze at. That could be a down payment on a quad or camp trailer.
                          We need more parents like this that are willing to step up to the plate and get things done. They call them kids because sometimes they don't know what is best for them and they need parents to make hard choices.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X