Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Still missing the game reports from WT/BSC and FC/Crossfire. @#$!@#$ lazy referees.
    FC/Xfire game....refs were clearly employed by FC, so take it up with FC.

Comment

FC/Xfire game....refs were clearly employed by FC, so take it up with FC.
      Crossfire has so much money but can't outbid FC for referees? :)

Comment

Crossfire has so much money but can't outbid FC for referees? :)
        Much like a collegiate football team subsidizes water polo, Xfire soccer subsidizes Fire's polo team. 😄

Comment

FC Xfire game.

FC Portland has put the Xfire game up on their YouTube channel. I just watched it, and I am going to have to agree with the Xfire parents on here. In the first half, FC's fwd, went unnecessarly hard into both of their Centerbacks their goalie without a caution. It wasn't until he took out one of their Centerbacks for a 2nd time that he received a caution. He jumped up and down and paced around pulling his shirt like a toddler.

In the 2nd half, at the 38:39 mark, you can see him run through the XFire's left defensive side only to run straight into a defender and flop. PK awarded. At the 39:32 mark, after scoring said PK, he throws an Xfire player to the ground for holding the ball. I hate to EVER agree with Xfire about ANYTHING, but in this case they are correct. I saw 4 to 1 calls in favor of FC, and a ref who lost control of the game and allowed one thug to take it over. Disgusting.

Comment

Just a heads-up from a neutral observer: a kid that gets booked in the first half then goes on to bag 3 while parents lose their minds about how much of a danger to society he is probably knows what he's doing. If that causes you psychic pain, this probably isn't the sport for you, and you do your kids no favors by complaining about it.

Whether the kid in question is any good or not will be found out in about 10 minutes at TA. He'll either learn to play or he won't, and when some Seattle kid lets him turn and (rather than trying to wrestle him with his upper body) deposits him in the 4th row with an actual tackle, he'll either react well or he won't.

But trust this: your bitching about his on-field behavior or his dad won't matter at all.

If you need to hug your son and tell him how proud you are that he's a good sport and would never foul anyone or say the word "f*ck" on a soccer field, then do that. I'm sure it will feel good. The rest is just whining about soccer.

Comment

FC Portland has put the Xfire game up on their YouTube channel. I just watched it, and I am going to have to agree with the Xfire parents on here. In the first half, FC's fwd, went unnecessarly hard into both of their Centerbacks their goalie without a caution. It wasn't until he took out one of their Centerbacks for a 2nd time that he received a caution. He jumped up and down and paced around pulling his shirt like a toddler.

In the 2nd half, at the 38:39 mark, you can see him run through the XFire's left defensive side only to run straight into a defender and flop. PK awarded. At the 39:32 mark, after scoring said PK, he throws an Xfire player to the ground for holding the ball. I hate to EVER agree with Xfire about ANYTHING, but in this case they are correct. I saw 4 to 1 calls in favor of FC, and a ref who lost control of the game and allowed one thug to take it over. Disgusting.
              I don't see how that was a foul on the defense--unless the ref called contact (that I didn't see) at the edge of the box, he simply lost control of the ball and crashed into a defender who had beaten him to the spot. And the tackle after the PK should have gotten a card.

Comment

Just a heads-up from a neutral observer: a kid that gets booked in the first half then goes on to bag 3 while parents lose their minds about how much of a danger to society he is probably knows what he's doing. If that causes you psychic pain, this probably isn't the sport for you, and you do your kids no favors by complaining about it.
                Actually, this isn't wrong.

It should be wrong, and some leagues would punish this behavior, but he knows what he can get away with and does it. The one time he did manage to get a red card that I can recall (last year's state cup semi), it was rescinded, because the referee coach wasn't supposed to impart unto the teenage ref the courage to actually send someone off without a death certificate. (Has ANYONE gotten a red in 05DA this year? I can't think of any).

Unfortunately, this isn't La Liga, where they send you off for so much as breathing on an opposing forward.

Of course, this is also a DEVELOPMENT league, so the six or so coaches in the DA who don't encourage (and likely wouldn't tolerate) this sort of thing shouldn't feel too bad about it. It doesn't really matter--FC may finish with the most points in the standings and have bragging rights, but there's no trophy they will receive. As it says in the book, they will have their reward.

Comment

So who’s spot is he taking on TA or are they going to run a 20+ roster? Has the u14 coach been announced yet?

Comment

Whether the kid in question is any good or not will be found out in about 10 minutes at TA. He'll either learn to play or he won't, and when some Seattle kid lets him turn and (rather than trying to wrestle him with his upper body) deposits him in the 4th row with an actual tackle, he'll either react well or he won't.

But trust this: your bitching about his on-field behavior or his dad won't matter at all.

If you need to hug your son and tell him how proud you are that he's a good sport and would never foul anyone or say the word "f*ck" on a soccer field, then do that. I'm sure it will feel good. The rest is just whining about soccer.
                    Here's the difference neutral bystander- I encourage and appreciate physical play but there is a line and he constantly crosses it. In this case said player should have been sent packing from dirty and unnecessary play and is not on the field to score said goals*, after the phantom PK call and subsequent rage trying to get the ball. Don't care what level you are at, it does not change the fact that his behavior is deplorable and there is no place for it in the game especially at the u13 level. Its on the FC coaching staff for allowing it. Grow some sack FC coach and hold the kid accountable....

Comment

So who’s spot is he taking on TA or are they going to run a 20+ roster? Has the u14 coach been announced yet?
                      Probably one of the many training cones on the current roster...

Comment

I don't see how that was a foul on the defense--unless the ref called contact (that I didn't see) at the edge of the box, he simply lost control of the ball and crashed into a defender who had beaten him to the spot. And the tackle after the PK should have gotten a card.
                        Agreed. And then in the 2nd half, an Xfire player was given a yellow for a clearly accidental kick in the face of an FC Player who dropped his head low. I could not help but notice how quick the ref was to run up to Xfire players, and how far away he stayed from FC players. ***?

Comment

Here's the difference neutral bystander- I encourage and appreciate physical play but there is a line and he constantly crosses it. In this case said player should have been sent packing from dirty and unnecessary play and is not on the field to score said goals*, after the phantom PK call and subsequent rage trying to get the ball. Don't care what level you are at, it does not change the fact that his behavior is deplorable and there is no place for it in the game especially at the u13 level. Its on the FC coaching staff for allowing it. Grow some sack FC coach and hold the kid accountable....
                          If he were to knee some defender in the nuts when the ref wasn't looking--would the "neutral bystander" proclaim that this too, is part of the game, and players just need to play this way?

Comment

Conditions looked nasty in that second half. Was the wind going FC's way?

Comment

Probably one of the many training cones on the current roster...
                              Heard a few are headed to United PDX.

Comment

Heard a few are headed to United PDX.
                                I wonder what BM promised them this time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X