Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018-19 odp

How were the tryouts? Were they well attended?

So, in 2016-17, they took everyone who tried out on the girls side. My kid wanted to do it and had some success in 2015-16, and advanced to the regional tournament. But, the coach had an ECNL conflict and never showed, and ODP brought girls from the younger team to play, and played them instead, so the whole thing was a big waste of everyone's time. Imagine, your team makes the tournament and then your "club" brings guest players and you don't start or sit on the bench. Just tragic managing.

ODP in CT is very poorly run. Avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How were the tryouts? Were they well attended?
      $$$$ Lucrative for CJSA $$$$. It's like printing money.

Comment

Curious after reading thread about coaches pay, what does cjsa pay the ODP coaches?

Comment

So, in 2016-17, they took everyone who tried out on the girls side. My kid wanted to do it and had some success in 2015-16, and advanced to the regional tournament. But, the coach had an ECNL conflict and never showed, and ODP brought girls from the younger team to play, and played them instead, so the whole thing was a big waste of everyone's time. Imagine, your team makes the tournament and then your "club" brings guest players and you don't start or sit on the bench. Just tragic managing.

ODP in CT is very poorly run. Avoid it.
          It's actually shocking to me that people are still paying for their kids to participate in ODP. It has absolutely no redeeming value. Have a look at kids that are on the rosters. Cross reference Top Drawer soccer committed kids from 2018 to 2020 and none of them are on ODP rosters? Think about that.

ODP flat-lined two years ago in CT. People are better off just setting their money on fire.

If you think your kid is legit and wants to play in college have them take a run at a top club team. Please do not support ODP. It's a low level rip-off joke.

Comment

It's actually shocking to me that people are still paying for their kids to participate in ODP. It has absolutely no redeeming value. Have a look at kids that are on the rosters. Cross reference Top Drawer soccer committed kids from 2018 to 2020 and none of them are on ODP rosters? Think about that.

ODP flat-lined two years ago in CT. People are better off just setting their money on fire.

If you think your kid is legit and wants to play in college have them take a run at a top club team. Please do not support ODP. It's a low level rip-off joke.
            It's been more than two years. Virtually no top players participate past U14 - they're all in DA or ECNL, even NPL. The training is a joke in terms of quality and frequency. Personally I prefer not to torch my Benjamins

Comment

NYCSL PDP/Center of Excellence much better quality coaching and kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X