Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    TA and Fernando then made the mistake of going back to the ADF and westside well to fill the holes with players that do not deserve to be there over some other more deserving players that did go to "tryouts".- results show this to be true
    This is not just matter of opinion!
    There are three boys that I saw at TA "tryouts" that did not make the team and are making a huge impact at their respective DA's. It is unfortunate that they did not make the cut back in May, but their is no doubt that they are better than some of the boys on the team.

Comment

This is not just matter of opinion!
      There are three boys that I saw at TA "tryouts" that did not make the team and are making a huge impact at their respective DA's. It is unfortunate that they did not make the cut back in May, but their is no doubt that they are better than some of the boys on the team.
      11-12 year old boys in Oregon who play local club soccer. Let them enjoy their youth. Playing Soccer will not be any professional endeavor for any of them. This is Oregon.

Comment

Take your thumb out of your mouth and get up to speed. Timbers insisted on having Timbers alliance players being included (have to justify the alliance some how) as part of playing ball with billups just as he insisted on certain conditions for him to play ball and fund the academy. What blew up on them is 2 things. 1) Oregon got 05 DA and 2) several players (3/4 of which would be starters)and their families declined "invitations" and decided to stay at their previous clubs. TA and Fernando then made the mistake of going back to the ADF and westside well to fill the holes with players that do not deserve to be there over some other more deserving players that did go to "tryouts".- results show this to be true and when you leave kids off the game roster and only play reserves 10 minutes a game at this age it just gets worse...

Do you get it now or do I need to draw pictures with crayons for you?
        There are four Westside kids at TA. (That's excluding at least three others who used to play at Westside, but then moved to other clubs before joining TA, including a couple of the ADF kids). Three of them are doing very well, and getting major minutes. One appears to be getting bench minutes.

As I don't know which kids tried out and didn't make the team, I can't offer an opinion on whether or not those cuts were correct, obviously wrong, or difficult choices that can be argued either way. But most of the WT kids that are there are doing successfully.

Comment

11-12 year old boys in Oregon who play local club soccer. Let them enjoy their youth. Playing Soccer will not be any professional endeavor for any of them. This is Oregon.
          Maybe it's "Oregon" because of this attitude?

It's possible to do this better while also providing a pathway for kids who want to enjoy club soccer. Maybe it's not the same exact pathway, but there's no reason they can't coexist and even benefit one another.

Comment

This is so disturbing. OP-just because a kid is latino, doesn't mean he is on scholarship. You are messed up. Go back to your LO bubble and keep your horribly offensive insinuations to yourself.
            Why LO again??

Comment

This one is not directed towards me, but I can assure you some of this is very inaccurate. BB is not funding this team. Of course he has some influence in terms of funding the coach privately perhaps, but not the team. 3/4 of the team would be starters is a gross exaggeration and made up. A handful yes, but not 3/4 of the team. I am not on board with all of what goes on with TA at this age group, but let's keep it in real terms and not over dramatize it.
              That was meant to say 3 or 4 of those that declined would be starters, my bad it was not made clear enough. I should have known better with all the paste eaters that read these posts....

Comment

Why LO again??
                Lake envy...

Comment

It's not that "it's Oregon", unless that's how you equate that to the way Timbers run their academy. Based on what I have seen from this age group you could create a team that would compete and beat most or all of the Washington clubs on a regular basis. If you cut off the bottom half of the current TA roster and REPLACED them with a couple wash timbers, a couple crossfire, a couple fc and 1 from CFC and I am sure a couple kids who stayed with OYSA teams you would have incredible depth and upgraded starters as at least 3 or 4 of these would be starters. I realize geography and a few other issues are the reasons for some of these kids choosing to stay away and it's not all on TA, but their history and antics definitely caused some of these kids to stay away...

Comment

Maybe it's "Oregon" because of this attitude?

It's possible to do this better while also providing a pathway for kids who want to enjoy club soccer. Maybe it's not the same exact pathway, but there's no reason they can't coexist and even benefit one another.
                    It's a state named 'Oregon' littered with pay to play clubs that are far too many, with way too many acronym driven leagues and competitions. Private individual training as the seedy underbelly, that does nothing to build the knowledge and acumen on how to play this 'game'. Pay to learn how to kick and dribble a soccer ball? That's hilarious.

All we have created is multiple pathways to the poorhouse or in most cases nowhere.

Enjoy the ride it's short and comes to an end real quick.

Comment

That was meant to say 3 or 4 of those that declined would be starters, my bad it was not made clear enough. I should have known better with all the paste eaters that read these posts....
                      There were 6 Vantucky kids that declined

Comment

There were 6 Vantucky kids that declined
                        Absolute lie. So outlandish it is laughable.

Comment

I believe it Westside Honk. I personally know of 3 kids from Washington who were offered. I find it pathetic and laughable that you and others like you want to continuously spout how your team lost 4 players to TA. The reality is that they are playing DA, just like your club. And honestly, they are not really any better thay copa DA. Quit trying to put others down to make yourself feel better about your snowflake. Did you watch the USMNT the other night? That is what TA is all about. A bunch of players who don't know to compete, and have no pressure to succeed. So, please realize that Washington and Crossfire are better teams with better players than your club for a reason. And wverybody seems to know this but you.

Comment

I believe it Westside Honk. I personally know of 3 kids from Washington who were offered. I find it pathetic and laughable that you and others like you want to continuously spout how your team lost 4 players to TA. The reality is that they are playing DA, just like your club. And honestly, they are not really any better thay copa DA. Quit trying to put others down to make yourself feel better about your snowflake. Did you watch the USMNT the other night? That is what TA is all about. A bunch of players who don't know to compete, and have no pressure to succeed. So, please realize that Washington and Crossfire are better teams with better players than your club for a reason. And wverybody seems to know this but you.
                            Oh see, you have this all wrong. Westside honk? Nobody is putting others down, but you, Vantucky junkie. Putting others down, being totally unreasonable and making up absurd lies to make Vantucky look respectable seems to be your expertise. No doubt WA and Crossfire are better than Westside, but you aren't talking to Westside Mr. Know it all.

Comment

Predictions

DA:

CFC 1, WT 1.
                              WashT 3, Crossfire 2.
                              FC 5, Eastside 0. (Assuming FC doesn't do what WashT did last week).

OYSA:

Bend 5, Navy 0
                              RVT 3, ETFC 2
                              GPS 5, Copa 0
                              HSC 4, WashT 1
                              Cuervos 7, WashT 0
                              4H 5, Salmon Creek 1

Comment

Actually this is true. 3 kids from the 04 and 3 from the 05 declined TA. Although they are planning to join TA in the near future.

Reason for decline--not ready for travel from/to practice 4 times/week & games up north.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X