• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are we talking boys or girls DA?
    Nobody cares about Girls

Comment

Nobody cares about Girls
      So, the. It's are losing? The U17 boys too? I thought they were solid?

Comment

What are you talking about our DA would not fare better? Orlando city is a MLS academy not a regular DA and clearly should be able to hold their own against others which they are not.
        2-2 Draw with DC united Win in PKs. Second game 2-3 with nycfc Close game. Last game got away from the boys and the coach. But realistically to they held their own. Philly wanted it a more. Not so sure the boys were rested on the off day. while Philly was home in bed. They have a chance to save face in febuary in the second round of qualifications when they face Red bull,Revolution,and Atlanta.

Comment

So, the. It's are losing? The U17 boys too? I thought they were solid?
          No excuse for 17s they just got outplayed when the whistles weren't blowing.

Comment

is there a link to the results?

Comment

2-2 Draw with DC united Win in PKs. Second game 2-3 with nycfc Close game. Last game got away from the boys and the coach. But realistically to they held their own. Philly wanted it a more. Not so sure the boys were rested on the off day. while Philly was home in bed. They have a chance to save face in febuary in the second round of qualifications when they face Red bull,Revolution,and Atlanta.
              Disappointing. Where is the problem? Is it the defense or the offense?

Comment

Disappointing. Where is the problem? Is it the defense or the offense?
                They started the weekend strong. D.C. United scored in the last few minutes of first game and if anything the boys did ok. The last game was just crazy. Thus group of kids needs some consistency, they have been hot potatoed around for too many years. They really played well the first couple of games. They were down 3-0 at half vs philly and just let their heads drop. You can only learn from a butt kicking like that.
                As for the 17s... they have so much talent. I can't. Believe they didn't win a game. They were strong last year and so was the age below them that added to the team. It is just a shock.

Comment

They started the weekend strong. D.C. United scored in the last few minutes of first game and if anything the boys did ok. The last game was just crazy. Thus group of kids needs some consistency, they have been hot potatoed around for too many years. They really played well the first couple of games. They were down 3-0 at half vs philly and just let their heads drop. You can only learn from a butt kicking like that.
                  As for the 17s... they have so much talent. I can't. Believe they didn't win a game. They were strong last year and so was the age below them that added to the team. It is just a shock.
                  funny how you just can't accept that this years OCDA is one of the weakest ever . 15/17/19 all weak. Excuses is the way to go .

Comment

funny how you just can't accept that this years OCDA is one of the weakest ever . 15/17/19 all weak. Excuses is the way to go .
                    The 17s are not weak, all the players are good and should be performing better, that's all. That group of boys have always been winners, what has stagnated them right now is odd, but i am sure the boys will be back on just unfortunate they didn't show well at ga.

Comment

The 17s are not weak, all the players are good and should be performing better, that's all. That group of boys have always been winners, what has stagnated them right now is odd, but i am sure the boys will be back on just unfortunate they didn't show well at ga.
                      I agree that being an MLS DA you should show up. This group has some good players but nothing that stands out. compared to last three years , this has to be the weakest group. No more excuses, only results will help change the reality .

Comment

Coaching is the problem. Plain and simple. Their is talent in both of those age groups and as you mentioned they have had success in the past.

Comment

Coaching is the problem. Plain and simple. Their is talent in both of those age groups and as you mentioned they have had success in the past.
                          Could it be that the development is not up to par at the OC academy? Players that were once considered very good now average? Politics? Sounds like they are in for a long season.

Comment

OC has had terrible coaching and has been a terrible judge of talent for the past several years. Just take it look at some of the players that have left or were cut and went onto very good things in college or pros, as well as some doing very good in the Academy elsewhere.

Comment

OC has had terrible coaching and has been a terrible judge of talent for the past several years. Just take it look at some of the players that have left or were cut and went onto very good things in college or pros, as well as some doing very good in the Academy elsewhere.
                              I guess OC Academy is following in the foot steps of the National Team. To be expected I suppose.

Comment

I agree that being an MLS DA you should show up. This group has some good players but nothing that stands out. compared to last three years , this has to be the weakest group. No more excuses, only results will help change the reality .
                                These are the best players, these kids won it all at the age group before, have kids going to national camps and should be winning or at least competing!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X