Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futbolinho

Does anyone have experience with the Red Bulls Futbolinho program? I get the philosophy about lots of fast touches, but not sure how well working with a #2 ball indoors will translate to a #4 outdoors. The most recent coach's evaluation for our son said he had good technique with an excellent first touch. The biggest area of improvement was "creativity" in tight space. The coaches are moving him from center defender to midfield this year and have been pushing him to work on ball skills.

The parent of an older player claims Futbolinho transformed her son. I'd love to get some other thoughts.

Every touch helps control. Whether it's a size 4 ball, size 2 ball or even a tennis ball. Successive quick, simple touches are fantastic for development. Saying that, I have no idea about the futbolinho program you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Does anyone have experience with the Red Bulls Futbolinho program? I get the philosophy about lots of fast touches, but not sure how well working with a #2 ball indoors will translate to a #4 outdoors. The most recent coach's evaluation for our son said he had good technique with an excellent first touch. The biggest area of improvement was "creativity" in tight space. The coaches are moving him from center defender to midfield this year and have been pushing him to work on ball skills.

The parent of an older player claims Futbolinho transformed her son. I'd love to get some other thoughts.
      Did it in the spring. I highly recommend it. RB coaches are excellent with a complete and focused energy.

It is all about development in small spaces. You need to think quickly and react with skill to be successful. It is one of the best supplemental training we have done. I will definitely do it again.

Comment

Is this a futsal training program and is it separate from RDS? The website makes it appear that you need to make RDS to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Is this a futsal training program and is it separate from RDS? The website makes it appear that you need to make RDS to do this.
          it is a futsal training program that is tryout based. it is an RDS program

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X