Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, historically Farmingdale has a much stronger track record, not to mention their own fields...
    Where did the Farmingdale teams play before moving to ECRL?

Comment

It would not come solely to Smithtown. ECNL already picked up what they wanted from GDA. What went to GAL is leftovers, who had no choice but to try and save face by creating a league with a national presence to justify their high costs.

Also, ECNL has no interest in Tophat. They were vindictive with them because instead of similar clubs who chose to have both a GDA team and an ECNL team, Tophat left them entirely. The board members of ECNL did not forget the move and are making them pay for it. If you think that Slammers still doesn’t have pull in ECNL, then, you don’t know the national landscape. Lastly, Slammers have absolutely no interest in GAL, an inferior league.
      I know what happened with TopHat & FCV & NEFC & Oakwood-all clubs far superior to any configuration Smithtown could slap together.
      Your statement of-"Lastly, Slammers have absolutely no interest in GAL, an inferior league." is in line with what I'm saying. Slammers had a lot more leverage a year ago to pull favors when GDA was in play and ECNL was (mildly) threatened. With GDA gone, it'd be a very hard ask to get a mediocre town program (even if it's 2 or 3 mediocre or less than mediocre clubs) with an address literally in the SAME town as another ECNL club, an ECNL bid.
      That being said, it's rumored ECNL Regional is expanding to multiple divisions-ECNL Club B teams and then a division of other randoms (think NY Slammers, NY & NJ Surf) to try and take a bite out of EDP & DPL. I could see the NY Slammers there...

Comment

Obviously, you have an issue with Smithtown as it has now been stated twice that this is not solely about them. I leave that to you. You either have a grudge against them or are from a neighboring club, who feels threatened. Or you are from SUSA and need to protect the revenue stream?

If you know what happened with those clubs, then, why would you think ECNL would want them back? Some of those clubs were weakened when players left because of the no HS playing requirement necessitated by GDA.

A year ago, GDA was already weakened with defections so Slammers pull was no different now then today. Obviously, we are just going to disagree on how much influence the Slammers has within ECNL.

Yes, the expansion of ECRL may fit those teams although NY Surf is a dying outfit. They’re about to lose an age group (08s).

Nowhere did I say that the LI Slammers were definitely getting ECNL. All I stated was, that if it came, it would be several years away and after they proved themselves as a competitive outfit. Absent that, they aren’t getting it.

Comment

Obviously, you have an issue with Smithtown as it has now been stated twice that this is not solely about them. I leave that to you. You either have a grudge against them or are from a neighboring club, who feels threatened. Or you are from SUSA and need to protect the revenue stream?

If you know what happened with those clubs, then, why would you think ECNL would want them back? Some of those clubs were weakened when players left because of the no HS playing requirement necessitated by GDA.

A year ago, GDA was already weakened with defections so Slammers pull was no different now then today. Obviously, we are just going to disagree on how much influence the Slammers has within ECNL.

Yes, the expansion of ECRL may fit those teams although NY Surf is a dying outfit. They’re about to lose an age group (08s).

Nowhere did I say that the LI Slammers were definitely getting ECNL. All I stated was, that if it came, it would be several years away and after they proved themselves as a competitive outfit. Absent that, they aren’t getting it.
          Well said. The next few weeks should be interesting but this nonsense about Smithtown and SUSA is just that, nonsense. There are zero discussions going on between the two clubs. Whoever started this thread is just a pure sh#% stirrer.

Comment

Smithtown is the most racist town on Long Island, more Trump-pumps there than in Florida!

Comment

We better not be merging with SUSA. That will be the third uniform we have had to buy in two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We better not be merging with SUSA. That will be the third uniform we have had to buy in two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                If they do, Tommy Lips will have a big payday and leave you stuck with SUSA. This is a BS story. He is making a ton of money, why would he walk away from that other than SUSA coughing up a lung. I don't think they have a lung to give up right now.

Comment

If they do, Tommy Lips will have a big payday and leave you stuck with SUSA. This is a BS story. He is making a ton of money, why would he walk away from that other than SUSA coughing up a lung. I don't think they have a lung to give up right now.
                  Right now no one is making any money. And likely won't make any money this fall either. If SUSA offers a big one time payday for Tommy Lips to turn over his operation, it is probably pretty tempting to consider it.

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

lmao!!! at least your kids wore the uniforms you bought!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't have an issue with Smithtown, all I know is they did "ok" as EM's B teams and that (only from these forums and such) they were looking to combine with East Islip & HBC who have almost no presence in the girl's game. Trust, not threatened and couldn't care less about any club's revenue stream.

Not a slam (yea, pun intended), but NY Slammers would have to be pretty competitive nationally (as a club) for a few years to prove themselves "as a competitive outfit, unless they squeak in through ECRL-which I'm all for. If ECNL is changing playoff formats and having top ECRL teams compete against ECNL teams, seems like the most direct way for a strong team.

But seriously, when you ask "why would ECNL want" some of the top clubs back-because in business, you don't cut off your nose to spite your face. If you want to be the "best", the league has to have the best (Come on, haven't you ever seen the OG Bring It On, lol?).
                      BUT, if the speculated number of defections from that club (TH) are accurate-the 2 Concordes, GSA & Atl Fire, should be sending a fruit basket to the league.

It'll be interesting to see how the next year or so plays out

Comment

Susa needs good teams. They have maybe one or two in the entire club
                        They just bought a few from Fury, Smithtown is like garage sale thrift store quality, no need to shop there.

Comment

Well said. The next few weeks should be interesting but this nonsense about Smithtown and SUSA is just that, nonsense. There are zero discussions going on between the two clubs. Whoever started this thread is just a pure sh#% stirrer.
                          Our team admin has been telling us all year. Straight from TL. Stop this crap. JR and a certain team admin are always trying to negotiate deals. It got out and now TL has been taken over the discussions.

Comment

Didn’t they also merge with SB Smithtown Athletico?

Comment

Didn’t they also merge with SB Smithtown Athletico?
                              Was wondering the same- or is this another club?

Comment

This is another club and has nothing to do with Smithtown or Stony Brook.

SB Smithtown Athletico is one of these boutique for profit academies that is run by a South American gentleman.

Now, on a separate note, Stony Brook has merged/bought Atletico (KK). I don’t believe they bought the physical properties and/or leases that KK has. This could just be a permanent player lift and shift as opposed to last year when they were just partners and shared players between the two and Atletico was able to use SB’s fields.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X