Barca parents only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a reason internationally National teams are training it. The younger coaches are training it. It is the best way. I don’t think ECNL is less relevant ,because the majority of college coaches still grab kids from there They make it easy to show up and scout. BUT now more kids are coming from true academies out of professional teams. Even on the girls side you see it.
    The sessions from the ECNL teams are HEAVY on possession. Possession and the love of the ball is the best way to make the most confident player. Barca does it best.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      There is a reason internationally National teams are training it. The younger coaches are training it. It is the best way. I don’t think ECNL is less relevant ,because the majority of college coaches still grab kids from there They make it easy to show up and scout. BUT now more kids are coming from true academies out of professional teams. Even on the girls side you see it.
      The sessions from the ECNL teams are HEAVY on possession. Possession and the love of the ball is the best way to make the most confident player. Barca does it best.
      Yeah if you play in Europe, the NY Barca program has nothing going on, hardly any college recruits, zippo on the girls side, and only a handful on the boys side. Dream your dream, but it doesn't look like Barca will be relevant enough in the next year or two to help your kid get into college. How many of your Girls teams qualify to Jeff Cup where like every college coach goes? Oh yea Zippo

Comment

Barca parent pounding his chest day after they beat the Stony Brook C team. They must be serving new Kool-Aid over there. Is the Barca EDP D2 team going to the Jeff Cup next weekend?

Comment

The 2007 team is the strongest it has ever been by a mile. Not saying anything bad about the 2008s all the best with where they end up. BUT every Barca practice session gets them closer to their goals. The story of Barca is train players to be the best…then they lose them to leagues that get better looks. AND in reality it is to the detriment of development.
          …and BTW Messi developed in Barca…without Barca he is nothing but a run and gun kid. Know your history. He was small and would have NEVER become ANYONE. Barca trained his soccer mind, and his deep understanding of the game.
          The training sessions are weak and a half the team is out of shape. ECNL girls would laugh if they came to your practice.

Comment

My daughter gets looks with Susa ecnl kids….any of the Barca girls would be more comfortable in tight spaces and have more vision in possession. Ecnl girls struggle. Very good at running fast though…and shooting from a mile away. Typical Albertson session. Half the session is left…line up for finishing. Paul Riley is better than the Catalans? I know it’s tuff not having big trophies for u12 soccer, but results at the youth level does not translate to development…but the leagues and parents are based on winning and athletics.

Comment

Barca girls program is an epic failure. Pretty sad when they can no longer keep the girls that have a free ride.

Comment

The best thing about Barca is I can sit back and just trust the process. I know my kid has the best training. Yes….the 2007 4 years ago were a local C team at best, but they got better and better and better. I don’t need to listen to the noise. Losing…and getting the handshake from the other coach to say “that’s the best team I have ever see” days are coming to an end. They will be winning. I’ll never forget the day Rory laid into East Meadow after they beat us…”don’t be happy,because you were not the best team on the pitch today.”
                I think Barca wins that game if they play this week…

Comment

3-0 last night. And it was a blood bath of opportunities of shots on goal. They always have been the best team on the field that looses in a heartbreaker, but yesterday night was different. Every player contributed in BIG ways. They felt it and the parents felt it. We knew it was coming if you they just bought into the game model, and the best thing is everyone knows they have potential to be even better.
                  Ones they can beat top transition/direct teams consistently it will be lights out, because they play the best brand of soccer.
                  And the 06 Barca boys lost 4-0 the other night ! I hear the parents at Barca are the worst !

Comment

The best thing about Barca is I can sit back and just trust the process. I know my kid has the best training. Yes….the 2007 4 years ago were a local C team at best, but they got better and better and better. I don’t need to listen to the noise. Losing…and getting the handshake from the other coach to say “that’s the best team I have ever see” days are coming to an end. They will be winning. I’ll never forget the day Rory laid into East Meadow after they beat us…”don’t be happy,because you were not the best team on the pitch today.”
                    I think Barca wins that game if they play this week…
                    Keep Sitting back and waiting, now are you not only not winning trophies at u12 you are not winning at u16 either. You kid will age out before your dream comes to fruition. So when all the kids on other teams go to D1 schools to play, you can enjoy you kid either being the star at the community college or paying for the school she goes to because she didn't make the program. All the while talking about the glory years at Barca where you paid $3k for the program and $3k for those Barcelona trips (vacations). Reminiscing about what could have been if you had more time.....

Comment

You have to understand the person that is writing all these accolades is delusional. I saw it in full effect live.

This gentleman acted like these girls were u9s. It was an embarrassment. I’m surprised he didn’t compliment the Barca girls for sweating. I thought they were going to have orange slices and snack time at the end of the game.

These girls are 16 or going to be 16. They are past needing to be told things. If I had acted like this, my daughter have told me to shut up.

And I won’t go into the rest of the parents who all are experts and think that they speak a secret language called Spanish, when there are many people who speak the language and know exactly what you are saying.

Was the game a bloodbath? No, but if you want to have delusions of grandeur, go ahead.

Similar to what as said above, you are basically paying for a soccer club which sells you travel packages.

Comment

I have seen this guy at an 2007 game, he oohs and aahhs over every completed pass , yelling "beautiful" , and "yeesss" ... every touch. He is also telling anyone within earshot of how beautiful the soccer is his kid plays and how there is nothing like this on Long Island.
                        Dude is in denial that he is not delusional. I would tell you I could see some good passing and thinking, but they have zero physical conditioning to keep it up. The other guy was correct in saying they were sucking wind 15 minutes into the game, then the other team just ran them over, busted up all their "pretty" passing and had them on their heels.
                        Take another vacation to Barcelona and stay there please. Long Island soccer will be better for it.

Comment

Well since the 07 Barca girls play in the EDP Division 2 with LIjsl town teams and don’t go to any good showcases you probably will not be seeing East Meadow anytime soon. Any ECNL team would embarrass any Barca girls team. Keep celebrating connecting five short passes. Bravo

Comment

You know what your team needs?….a song.

Here is Barca’s:

The whole stadium
                            cheers loudly
                            We're the blue and maroon supporters.
                            No matter where we come from
                            Be it south or north
                            Now we all agree, we all agree
                            One flag unites us all brothers

Blue maroon in the wind
                            A valiant cry
                            We have a name
                            That everyone knows:
                            Barca, Barca, Barca!

Players
                            Supporters
                            United we all are strong.
                            Many years full of support,
                            We have cheered many goals
                            And we have shown, we have shown
                            That no one can ever break us

Blue maroon in the wind
                            A valiant cry
                            We have a name
                            That everyone knows:
                            Barca, Barca, Barca!

Now make up your own!

Comment

You know what your team needs?….a song.

Here is Barca’s:

The whole stadium
                              cheers loudly
                              We're the blue and maroon supporters.
                              No matter where we come from
                              Be it south or north
                              Now we all agree, we all agree
                              One flag unites us all brothers

Blue maroon in the wind
                              A valiant cry
                              We have a name
                              That everyone knows:
                              Barca, Barca, Barca!

Players
                              Supporters
                              United we all are strong.
                              Many years full of support,
                              We have cheered many goals
                              And we have shown, we have shown
                              That no one can ever break us

Blue maroon in the wind
                              A valiant cry
                              We have a name
                              That everyone knows:
                              Barca, Barca, Barca!

Now make up your own!

What a dumb song!

Comment

What a dumb song!
                                Mr. Delusional probably listens to it in the original Catalan (because it looses its impact in English or Spanish). He tears up when he hears it and cannot understand why you don't get all welled up with emotion too....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X